What's new

Growers are just saying NO to pot legalization

Growers are just saying NO to pot legalization

• id vote no also, it would decrease price.

Votes: 154 28.3%
  • id vote yes, the increased market will still keep prices up.

Votes: 391 71.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

vta

Veteran
Medical Cannabis Patients

Q: Does Proposition 19 change medical cannabis laws in California?

A: No, it won’t change or affect current medical cannabis laws or protections offered to qualified patients. Patients will still be able to possess what is needed for medical use, and will retain all rights under Prop 215 and SB 420. In fact, Proposition 19 will clarify state law, to protect medical cannabis collectives and businesses operating responsibly under their local guidelines. Currently, the legality of medical cannabis sales is in dispute. Many cities and counties are struggling with the interpretation of SB 420, particularly around the allowance for cash transactions. As a result, these localities are unable to control and tax medical cannabis for distribution to qualified patients. Proposition 19 specifically grants cities and counties the ability to regulate sales for medical cannabis and commercial cultivation for safe, regulated medicine. Proposition 19 will also allow for research, safety testing, and potency monitoring.

Q: How will Proposition 19 affect patients who grow at home?

A: Patient gardens will remain legal, and protections will remain unchanged for patients who choose to grow their own medicine.

Q: How will Proposition 19 affect collective and cooperative cultivation?

A: Proposition 19 will allow for greater protection for collectives and cooperatives in storefront locations. City and county governments will now have the clearly established ability to regulate collective and/or commercial growing.

Q: If Proposition 19 passes, will non-medical patients have more rights than patients?

A: No, adults 21 and over will be able to possess up to one ounce of cannabis outside of the home. Adults may only grow in a 5’x5’ area, and will have an affirmative defense to possess what they grow for personal use in that area. Patients and/or collectives will still be able to possess the amount needed for their medical use.

Q: If Proposition 19 passes, will it still be beneficial to be a medical cannabis patient?

A: Yes, medical patients will receive the greatest protections. Qualified patients will be allowed to possess and grow more than adults (to cover their medical needs). We also hope to see exemptions or discounts on services, and taxes to subsidize the cost to patients needing medical cannabis.

Q: Will Proposition 19 make it more difficult to become a medical patient?

A: No, being a medical cannabis patient will still remain private between you and your doctor.

Q: Could Proposition 19 affect medical cannabis growers?

A: Yes, by providing legal permits to gardens, Proposition 19 will also make possible the first legal commercial growing, once cannabis cultivation is regulated and permitted by either local governments or the state.

Q: Will Proposition 19 attract big business and cut out the little guys, and the cottage industry they have worked so hard to create?

A: Proposition 19 will actually give local groups an equal opportunity to obtain licenses and/or permits for the sale and cultivation of medical cannabis, adult cannabis, and hemp. Local groups can work with local governments to help determine regulations and licensing for cultivation and sales. Proposition 19 is also significant in that it allows for personal cultivation by adults.

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Medical Cannabis Patients

Q: Does Proposition 19 change medical cannabis laws in California?

A: No, it won’t change or affect current medical cannabis laws or protections offered to qualified patients. Patients will still be able to possess what is needed for medical use, and will retain all rights under Prop 215 and SB 420. In fact, Proposition 19 will clarify state law, to protect medical cannabis collectives and businesses operating responsibly under their local guidelines. Currently, the legality of medical cannabis sales is in dispute. Many cities and counties are struggling with the interpretation of SB 420, particularly around the allowance for cash transactions. As a result, these localities are unable to control and tax medical cannabis for distribution to qualified patients. Proposition 19 specifically grants cities and counties the ability to regulate sales for medical cannabis and commercial cultivation for safe, regulated medicine. Proposition 19 will also allow for research, safety testing, and potency monitoring.

Q: How will Proposition 19 affect patients who grow at home?

A: Patient gardens will remain legal, and protections will remain unchanged for patients who choose to grow their own medicine.

Q: How will Proposition 19 affect collective and cooperative cultivation?

A: Proposition 19 will allow for greater protection for collectives and cooperatives in storefront locations. City and county governments will now have the clearly established ability to regulate collective and/or commercial growing.

Q: If Proposition 19 passes, will non-medical patients have more rights than patients?

A: No, adults 21 and over will be able to possess up to one ounce of cannabis outside of the home. Adults may only grow in a 5’x5’ area, and will have an affirmative defense to possess what they grow for personal use in that area. Patients and/or collectives will still be able to possess the amount needed for their medical use.

Q: If Proposition 19 passes, will it still be beneficial to be a medical cannabis patient?

A: Yes, medical patients will receive the greatest protections. Qualified patients will be allowed to possess and grow more than adults (to cover their medical needs). We also hope to see exemptions or discounts on services, and taxes to subsidize the cost to patients needing medical cannabis.

Q: Will Proposition 19 make it more difficult to become a medical patient?

A: No, being a medical cannabis patient will still remain private between you and your doctor.

Q: Could Proposition 19 affect medical cannabis growers?

A: Yes, by providing legal permits to gardens, Proposition 19 will also make possible the first legal commercial growing, once cannabis cultivation is regulated and permitted by either local governments or the state.

Q: Will Proposition 19 attract big business and cut out the little guys, and the cottage industry they have worked so hard to create?

A: Proposition 19 will actually give local groups an equal opportunity to obtain licenses and/or permits for the sale and cultivation of medical cannabis, adult cannabis, and hemp. Local groups can work with local governments to help determine regulations and licensing for cultivation and sales. Proposition 19 is also significant in that it allows for personal cultivation by adults.

Read the parts in bold. Travieso... you should probably take notes. Just do a Print Screen and dump it into an image editor and save it as your windows background.

You need to see it as many times as you can in order to comprehend its message.

Travieso

Read the parts in bold. Travieso... you should probably take notes. Just do a Print Screen and dump it into an image editor and save it as your windows background.

You need to see it as many times as you can in order to comprehend its message.

I dont beleive that. Thats just some dude interpreting what he thinks. Read this article and take notes. listen to Perrons video in the link and take notes on what he says and save the link in your favorites in case you get confused again.

Vote No On Prop 19!

OjoRojo420

Feeling good is good enough.
Veteran
I have seen the ENEMY...

And lives among US.

The good thing about democracy is that none of these folks will have control over the outcome.

And they can't stand it!

Big balls and bravado can't do shit when the PEOPLE speak...

G

Guest 88950

Stop being an idiot.....

he cant help it. hes only got one tune.

no b/c Jack Herer & Denis Peron told me to and i believe my heros. it makes me fit in and look smart b/c i finally have a rebuttle to the YES crowd, "Vote No, Legalization isnt really Legalization"..."Jack & Dennis opposes ALL govt regulations an Taxes"..."more people will go to jail for a LEGAL activity"

you cant fix stupid!!!

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
I dont beleive that. Thats just some dude interpreting what he thinks. Read this article and take notes. listen to Perrons video in the link and take notes on what he says and save the link in your favorites in case you get confused again.

Vote No On Prop 19!

I know he's banned (and for the record I had nothing to do with it) but I'll go ahead and refute him anyway....

If what I just highlighted is "just some dude interpreting what he thinks" then how is what YOU posted or the opinion of Perron valid? Aren't they "just some dude interpreting what he thinks"?

Seems like it to me.

G

Guest 88950

Vote No On Prop 19!

i have yet to see you post anything that didnt referr back to Jack & Dennis.

if your only source of info it what "some dude interpreting what he thinks" then you have no ability to make an informed decision.

unfortunately that doesnt eliminate you from having the right to vote.

instead of hot listing One Mans bandwagoning opinion like you suggest why dont you hot list REAL Info....studies, porp215 /sb420 /prop19 / CMB outlines regarding Medical Cannabis / The Compassionate Use Act of '96

understand the language in these documents then start posting.

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
Yeah, and how many underage kids are arrested for drinking alcohol? I know I was when I was that age. Thats part of the fun of being young and stupid. And when you could seriously get annhilated for about $2. Ahhh the days of .99 cent 40s of steel reserve......

Nobody likes getting arrested, but I wouldnt throw a 70 year span age demographic under the bus because I wasnt "legally" allowed to drink at 15...

Should I not be able to goto a bar and have a few drinks because some 18 year old cant? That dont make any fucking sense.....

Ive spent some years here on this earth and one thing I can tell you for certain ... LIFE IS NOT FAIR. It never has and it never will be .... thats why you just got to roll with the punches and enjoy the good times, becuase nothing good ever lasts.

As to profits and that whole deal. Fuck it richard lee put his balls on the line. He coughed up 1.5 million to get this passed. And another 275k for liscense. And a whole hell of a lot more to get his grow running. Why shouldnt he be making millions? Sounds like alot of jealous ass haters who are afraid to compete... Nothing is going to change. There will be alot more mediocre shit to hit the market. But IC cats will always be producing the fucking diggity top grade high times shit people drool over. You ever seen RL's weed from his shop in SF. Its fucking garbage. But if your coming off a 3 day crack binge and just need a little dime sack to fight the come down then thats all you need. The coinneseurs like ourselfs will do just fine. Let richard lee have the crack heads and tweekers, I much more enjoy the cannabis counter culture and the many fine people who represent it.....

G

Guest 88950

If Legalization occures then GYPSY can hold the ICMAG cup in Cali.

VOTE YES...........and the cup will come to Cali.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
finally someone took out the trash. everyone has there opinion there is no need to call people names and insult our intelligence in you don't agree with it to bad.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I had something to say, but the patron kicked in...fuck. People on the same side but disagreeing...wow, that could never happen! Right? God damn, do you think everyone is supposed to agree on everything? Open your god damn eyes. Everything is all about small disagreements. I'm sorry mine and other opinions don't reflect yours.

Get a mind that thinks for itself. Maybe then I'll take your opposition argument seriously.

I don't tell people to stoke my balls when I disagree with them. To me all you Na Sayers cant handle it when we want this bill passed and you go into a tantrum. If you cant figure out why I said that it would not surprise me. There are many that are not on the yes side no matter how much proof we give. They actually don't like us because we are voting yes. Can't you figure it out by the comments made here and in other threads.

S

SilverSage

It's so funny reading these posts about legalization of cannabis. The title says "growers" but the argument is always about "sellers" not wanting it legal. Kind of removes all doubt about the "no" posters I would say.

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
The title says "growers" but the argument is always about "sellers"

No doubt. I'm a grower. I voted yes to the poll and I'm encouraging all Californians to consider the issue carefully before voting and vote what's truly in your HEART not in your selfish BRAIN.

H

harryleggs

So how far away from a minor do you have to be before you can legally burn one?

It's so funny reading these posts about legalization of cannabis. The title says "growers" but the argument is always about "sellers" not wanting it legal. Kind of removes all doubt about the "no" posters I would say.

What a great point, didn't even realize that

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
100 ft for a twenty year old.
150 ft for a 19 year old.
250 ft for a 18 year old.
500 ft for under 18 year olds.
And 1000 ft for infants.

Pretty much you just have to not be a total idiot.

How many parents do you think are going to have their doors kicked in because they smoked a joint in the living room while their kids are present? I don't recommend doing it with the NEIGHBOR'S kids in the living room, because they might mention it to their parents, who might be anti-cannabis.

Status
Not open for further replies.