What's new

Growell?

Chronic777

Dont forget to ask growell for a discount mate..

lol I don't ever really haggle with anyone, after walking out of growell having spent over £300 my mate said, 'shouldnt you have haggled a bit?'

Needless to say if i wasn't so happy with my new toys i would've kicked myself...

B

buddymate

Always haggle,bought stuff for £550 earlier in the year,asked for a discount as it was cash,eventually got it for £495,that £55 was better in my pocket than theirs :santa1:

V1AAA

No. Far from it...

Sunlight Systems and 21st Century Gardens were open before this,,, just to name few :D

lol

im gonna have a laugh with the owner of 21st. i cant believe they were mentioned in a thread with the word discount in there

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lol

im gonna have a laugh with the owner of 21st. i cant believe they were mentioned in a thread with the word discount in there

haha,, we never mentioned the words in conjunction,,, mainly because he doesn't do discount! lol

peace
dLeaf :joint:

Chronic777

21st is right next to london seed centre right?

When i went to buy my seeds i walked into where london seed centre used to be & they had loads of hydrogrow stuff, right opposite london seed centre, how nuts is that!?

Saw some dude getting busted outside the industrial est aswell, leave us alone!

indifferent

Veteran
I might be wrong, but the first hydro shop I ever heard of was in Lancaster a good 25 years ago, my great uncle lived a few doors up. I don't know if that was the first but it was the first I ever saw. The Lancaster/Preston/Leyland area was a hotbed of growing in the 80s, not sure why, but all the knowledge came from a few guys in that area.

indifferent

Veteran
I think I might have an old viz or two around that will have those old ads in. They were so cheap and tacky I thought they were a bit of a scam at the time, like the ads for dodgy crap you used to get in newspapers like 'the incredible hearing kits' that allowed you to hear conversations miles away. I remember all the early ballasts I saw were pretty ropey jobs, a lot were just the gear trays out of lowbay lights put into a metal box. I just used the gear trays out of lowbays and bodged up reflectors out of the aluminium used as a reflector in the lowbay.

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You think the adds were bad,, you should have visited the shops.. lmfao :canabis:

Those places were rude and didnt cater for "under-age" growers .. over-priced and unhelpful ... lol :bandit:

indifferent

Veteran
First hydroshop I ever walked into was Positronics in the dam. First one I visited in the UK was only about 3 years ago. I've always avoided those places like the plague.

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's wasn't like today where folks can mail order in 15 bags of biobiz , nutrients and replacement lamps,, back then,, when you had to go to the shop you had to go to the shop... otherwise the room died!! The shops didn't do delivery like today and e-bay weren't yet invented... those were the days... when a hard days graft was still a hard days graft ,, several hundred mile round trip for a sack of soil and a bottle of jizz-juice .. hehe :canabis:

You folks make me feel old and i'm still young.. lol

indifferent

Veteran
I never used canna-specific products, and I had one of the largest horticultural wholesale suppliers in the country not far away, you could get anything you needed. Also, being in a farming area, fertilisers were easy to get, just ask a mate who happened to be a farmer. I remember fondly the 20-30-40 orange pellets they used to use, grew huge bloody plants and they dissolved in warm water dead easy.

B

buddymate

Sunlight systems,I had been based abroad so I knew plants grew,f*ck I had even collected several thousand seeds in Pakistan,so when I saw a tiny advert in the back of Viz showing a cartoon rasta bending over a tray with plants and a crudely drawn lamp illuminating them I figured this was it,the nearest shop was in Edinburgh over a hundred miles away so off I went,walked in and it was basic,lights and trays,very little else,totally different to todays shops.They even sold seeds,maybe 8 or 10 different types?

Mr.Bigbud

have done in the past, i bought a starter kit from them years ago which was good value, id recomend greens horticulture over growell though, the service is better, they are normally cheaper, faster, and less likely to be lax with packing and risk your security.

What the F? I recently ordered from greens and to my horror they had a printed label on the top of the box which stated the parcel was from 'Greens Horticulture'! Had an interesting conversation with the delivery bloke, and won't be ordering from them again!! growell is a bit pricey, but the packaging is discreet at least!! Also, greens use a crap courier service, and although they chased them up, it still took a week to get my goods....... never again mate!!!

indifferent

Veteran
Never had a problem with Greens Horticulture, can't remember what the packaging was like last order tho.

D

DoffCocker

Never had a problem either, always have had discreet packaging too, the uk420 lot swear by them too, growell used to have a habit of packing things really badly, i guess you can get bad service from anyone...

Latest posts

Latest posts