What's new

Growell?

D

DoffCocker

have done in the past, i bought a starter kit from them years ago which was good value, id recomend greens horticulture over growell though, the service is better, they are normally cheaper, faster, and less likely to be lax with packing and risk your security.

SuperConductor

Veteran
Agree with DoffCocker about Greens, I also like Grotec.co.uk. I don't like the fact I was on Growell's mailing list at my old address, never had unsolicited mail from the other two mentioned or blatant packaging for that matter.

Chronic777

I've already used Growell for most of my stuff, spent around £500-700 with them, 250wHPS setup in a medium BudBox, Bio-Canna range of nutes & soil, gaffa tape, blackout sheets etc... At first went to the fulham branch to get the big bits, then started using mail order out of lazyness if im honest.

Every mail order ive had from them something was missing/out of stock & ive had 2 Grasslin timers stop working on me, so not that reliable (the Homebase £5 timers work better than those grasslin ones!)... i still use them just due to the range of stock they have, and they are veyr helpful, you can call them up & they'll happily talk about your plant problems etc...they got that awesome catalogue too!

I do sometimes wonder if i should have ordered from them with my card/address details though...

Im still gonna use Growell for my next order as i need the particle filter they sell & no other shops sell the intake particle filters, i was just wondering how trustworthy other people feel they are? The website claims it uses the latest in security technology etc...

D

DoffCocker

I wouldnt worry too much about ordering from them tbh, it could become an issue later if you bought lots of stuff maybe and then got cought but you wont get busted from ordering equipment from them.

SuperConductor

Veteran
I think they're definitely trustworthy with respect to your cards yeah. Do you have a contactor mate? They stop timers from burning out. You can get timer/contactor as a single unit for around £15 these days, for use with envirolights but work fine with hps.

Chronic777

Cool thanks, i always think spedning a couple hundred isn't that much of a big deal as loads of people must order stuff from them, but if i was spending £1000's id use their anonymous service (no card/address, just reference numbers & collect from depot) for £5 extra (should use it anyway really)

Originally i was gonna spend £300 max, but i dont mind spending my money as its such a fun hobby, even if i stopped smoking id love to grow for the fun of it

I heard about using a contactor but im only running a 250w & the Homebase timer has been working fine so far, the grasslin ones got stuck on the 'on' position after 2/3 times, crap imo
The Homebase one has taken a right beating yet still stayed working, german engineering my arse!
Still, means i got £11.50 off my next order as ill be returning this timer...

D

DoffCocker

I found the cheapo timers work well with a 250w, no need for a conatctor at the size, but the grasslins and contactors are standard equipment for anything larger m8, you must have had a dodgy batch but they are as reliable as it gets normally.

Chronic777

Thats what i would've thought, strange, i think ill go to homebase & pick up a couple more cheapo ones just incase this one does go, knowing my luck first day of flowering it'll go on the blink!

I need another timer for my electric heater to keep dark hours warmer & switch off the heater when lights come on anyway

Cheers for the help...

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Growell offer an expensive but consistent service. We helped support them when they first opened,, but haven't been there for years :canabis:

V1AAA

i used to deliver to them

the guys in fulham are a great bunch

i would try 3c. they are great if you can collect your gear.

i dont use the mail, unless i need something small, and un-breakable.

fed-ex and dhl will throw your shit around.

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
possibly the oldest....... expensive, but reliable, went there a few times, years and years ago, it was really dim and full of really caned rastas poking and prodding bags of soil and reflectors. but theres a more convenient option near me now.

Chronic777

Yeah but its a pretty good grow mag you must admit ;)

I love having a flick through the catalogue, maybe as im new to growing so im in that obsessed with my new hobby stage, i can't stop thinking about my babies & how i can make them grow better

D

DoffCocker

Yeah but its a pretty good grow mag you must admit ;)

I love having a flick through the catalogue, maybe as im new to growing so im in that obsessed with my new hobby stage, i can't stop thinking about my babies & how i can make them grow better

it wont be long till that changes to

'fuck, i gotta feed the plants'

lol

Chronic777

I love feeding them, i just think flowering is gonna do my head in with the extra smell attracting bugs & with trying to prevent mould

If the temp drops in my room (which happens very easily) and the lights are off at the same time, the humidity goes upto 85%!
(although i bet my new intake will bring that down?)

Just gonna have to crank up my electric heater during dark hours to be sure...

D

DoffCocker

i still enjoy it tbh m8, but i do get that feeling sometimes when ive had a busy day and i dont really need that hour or two extra of work when i get home, its gets old real quick, i keep telling myself im gonna move over to hydro but then dont bother..

Good luck playing and tweaking bro. ;)

Latest posts

Latest posts