What's new

GROW TENTS !!!!!!!!!

virago420

Thanks for taking a look guys. I tend to think a tent isnt going to be for me I guess. That one you posted a link to is smaller than what I would like to run. But thanks for looking out. I did take a look at the other tents from the same person and they have bigger ones. I just think I can build a cab for the same price and be better off. Thanks for the input though. Peace

Is anyone using that tent yet? The size is just about PERFECT for me, and the price is right, but I love my SJ, and I'm concerned about the quality. The multiple in/out vents is awesome, but those flaps, meh?

At less than a hundred bones, free shipping, that's ~$30 less than I can get a DR60 for, with more floor space......

Shit.

I don't wanna be test bunnah!

P

psaicho

my dr150w...rvk 496m3/h, ODORSOK fi. 150/400 (max 560m3/h), 180m3/h inline fan for CT...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZAyGR_xAeo
p05080920210001.jpg

dsr60
dsr601.jpg

and the last one
dr50
dr501.jpg

Hey NaturalKali-

what do you think of the elf filter? I have one and not very effective. Working for you?

The plants are still in early flower and are not crazy pungent yet, plus I have the air first pulling through a dutch breeze DFS2, so I dont have an accurate observation on how effective the elf actually is. I picked it up before getting the DFS2. I wanted the phat filter of the same size as the elf but the hydro shop was out and recommended the elf. It was on sale so I said wtf. Then I read about how ineffective it actually is, especially on flowering plants, so I picked up the dutch breeze filter. Using both at this point is probably overkill, but I doubt the elf would be able to handle odor control on it's own by week 5-6.

yea the elf was recommended to me also. Ran into problems during veg. Switched over to an active air and am in 2nd week 12/12 and things are better. You have your filter an light hooked up to the 4" fan are you experiencing any lack of suction on your filter? Originally when I hooked mine up I ran the elf > light > fan > out of tent. Filter was completely useless. Spoke to the guy at the hydro shop and he said the filter needs to be hooked directly to the fan to be effective because the fan was not strong enough. Switched everything around so that the filter was hooked to the fan and not cooling the light and still the elf was not working. Now having the new filter wondering if this would be effective? Just curious about your temps and efficiency because your running a 4". Mine is 165cfm yours? Temps around 80 degrees.

funkydope

All this +rep is just burning a hole in my pocket. Anyone, Bueller?

Hey guys,
I have been growing in a Hydro Hut mini (4X4x6.5) for the last four years. I am actually in the new Silver Edition (original had the off-gassing issue), but here is what I use to clean and protect my tent. I have never has issues with bugs or bacteria. Once a year I spray my the outside of my tent and underneath the floor insert with Home Defense (odorless, stainless pesticide) to make sure and microscopic critters, bugs and eggs and killed. I have 2 cats, so I like to be sure. As for cleaning your tent in between grows. I just use a vinegar/water solution as a nice acid wash. You can also use a 30/70 peroxcide/water combo to clean with all the time...wipe down walls with a clean damp cloth and let dry. It has worked great for me over the last 4 years. Hope this helps everyone.

funkydope

yea the elf was recommended to me also. Ran into problems during veg. Switched over to an active air and am in 2nd week 12/12 and things are better. You have your filter an light hooked up to the 4" fan are you experiencing any lack of suction on your filter? Originally when I hooked mine up I ran the elf > light > fan > out of tent. Filter was completely useless. Spoke to the guy at the hydro shop and he said the filter needs to be hooked directly to the fan to be effective because the fan was not strong enough. Switched everything around so that the filter was hooked to the fan and not cooling the light and still the elf was not working. Now having the new filter wondering if this would be effective? Just curious about your temps and efficiency because your running a 4". Mine is 165cfm yours? Temps around 80 degrees.

Hey Built2last,
I was just reading through the thread, and wanted to see if I could provide a little help. I am currently growing in a HydroHut mini (Silver Edition) also using an Elf Filter. I can say that I don't have many issues with my Elf filter. I am using a Dayton 273cfm (with 4" adapter) fan that is sucking air in through the filter, then blowing the air through my reflector (cooling my light), and out of the tent. My temps are always at 77 with a peak of 80 when my AC isn't on. I think that I have a pretty good back pressure as well. I am running a 170cfm vortex fan that gets an 80cfm boost at each side pulling air into the tent (the 170 is out in a room and the 80's are on each side of the tent before the ducting goes in.)
picture.php

No lack of suction here. Good negative pressure with the tent all zipped up. The fan is a fantech FX4XL which is their high output 4" model. It is ~150 cfm. temps with lights on is about 4 deg above ambient. I am going to try taking the elf off, let the dutch breeze handle the scrubbing, and see if I have any improvement in ventilation.

OK, without the elf attached my negative pressure increased considerably...too much actually. I have one 4" exhaust, and two 4" intakes. I also could smell just the slightest hint of green, so the elf must have been taking care of leaks in the hood (cheap hydrofarm valubrite 1), which is not 100% air tight. I put the elf back on the end of the exhaust for now. Looks like if I ever decide to drop it from the ventilation chain I will need to pick up a speed controller for the fan.

Thats where i'm at i think i have too much negative pressure. I think i'm going to run through the light with this new filter and see if it makes a difference. The cfm for the elf is rather high but for this new active air I picked up it is only around 40cfm. My fan is 165. Running through the light losing 5% and through the filter losing 20% I should still be fine.

I have a radiant hood and its sealed up pretty good. I guess I'll just have to keep experimenting.

hey funkydope looks good.

I'm running the same tent and trying to get everything perfected. currently since switching from the elf to the active air filter I've noticed a big difference. I'm going to try to run it through the light again because of the difference in cfm's between the elf and the active air. Hopefully I should be able to get away with it. We'll see.

so you have another fan outside with boosters for the light?

funkydope

hey funkydope looks good.

I'm running the same tent and trying to get everything perfected. currently since switching from the elf to the active air filter I've noticed a big difference. I'm going to try to run it through the light again because of the difference in cfm's between the elf and the active air. Hopefully I should be able to get away with it. We'll see.

so you have another fan outside with boosters for the light?

No, the fan that I have out in my room and the inline booster fans on the side of the tent are bringing fresh air in. The my dayton fan inside the tent takes care of cooling my light.

oh so the dayton is cooling the light and working the filter? That probably works for you since your cfm is higher than mine with the elf.

Hey Built2last,
picture.php

nice tent. i've got the same one and it's considered a 3x3, not a 4x4. what size light do you have in there? nice ventilation system - i tried doing my ducting like yours, but i dunno if i can pull it off with my hood (radiant 8) and 6" rigid duct.

thanks for the tip on cleaning the insides. i like the home defense spray on the exterior. i try not to spray my home with any insecticides, but i'm gonna have to pick some of that up - i know a lot of people who use that in their homes with pets present because it is not as toxic as other sprays. maybe it will help control things for me in the future.

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
I used my Elf filter for a few grows and it did work pretty well. It couldn't completely handle the smelliest parts of flowering, but then again it only cost $50.

Growmeds - I have not tried sealing up my Supersun 1. I air-cool from one side, and leave the other side open to keep from restricting airflow of the hot lamp. Next time I'm going to put a few layers of pantyhose over the open side to help keep dust from getting inside the reflector.

Grow on tenters...

picture.php

-Funk

Hey guys,
I have been growing in a Hydro Hut mini (4X4x6.5) for the last four years. I am actually in the new Silver Edition (original had the off-gassing issue), but here is what I use to clean and protect my tent. I have never has issues with bugs or bacteria. Once a year I spray my the outside of my tent and underneath the floor insert with Home Defense (odorless, stainless pesticide) to make sure and microscopic critters, bugs and eggs and killed. I have 2 cats, so I like to be sure. As for cleaning your tent in between grows. I just use a vinegar/water solution as a nice acid wash. You can also use a 30/70 peroxcide/water combo to clean with all the time...wipe down walls with a clean damp cloth and let dry. It has worked great for me over the last 4 years. Hope this helps everyone.

Good shit bro, +rep. I'll look for the Home Defense, I've got pets too. And I'll definately be giving the vinegar/water solution for cleaning the interior, sounds nice and mild to me.

Thanks again!

funkydope

nice tent. i've got the same one and it's considered a 3x3, not a 4x4. what size light do you have in there? nice ventilation system - i tried doing my ducting like yours, but i dunno if i can pull it off with my hood (radiant 8) and 6" rigid duct.

thanks for the tip on cleaning the insides. i like the home defense spray on the exterior. i try not to spray my home with any insecticides, but i'm gonna have to pick some of that up - i know a lot of people who use that in their homes with pets present because it is not as toxic as other sprays. maybe it will help control things for me in the future.

thanks bro. I have a 400 watt MH/HPS light in there with an air cooled Euro reflector. Although I will be upgrading to this one..(Great White® 6" Air-Cooled Reflector) for my next grow....I can't wait to see how the light footprint will help! Hopefully less rotating of plants. That stinks about the rigid ducting. Would there be any way for you to get some bendable stuff. It's pretty cheap at Home Depot or Lowes. Also, you can use the water/vinegar solution to clean your tent as well...I have been doing so for a while. Works great.

Phellow you can simply top the largest plants, you will lose some bud, but the auxins should travel down to the side branches making up for it, this would solve your height issue.

Ok this is my opinion time, all of the tents sans the Sun Hut look like crap to me, and I will explain why, when you buy a 250+ dollar tent, and the frame isn't all steel, and they expect you to securely mount a vent fan and carbon filter, and in many people's cases an air cooled hood... then not having all steel framework with interlocking joints seems to me to be utterly and completely asinine.

I've seen the Dark Room, the Hydro Hut, the HomeBox, they all have plastic cross joints..... the Hydro and the Dark Room above look like strong frames until you see the corners.

If anyone can correct me on this, go ahead...

Next I would say if you run ANS50 or 51 with a mag core HPS ballast, then you're killing yourselves not switching over to CMH bulbs, your resin production will go through the roof.

The only reason you shouldn't switch is a massive investment in HPS/MH ballasts of watt rating that take you out of the game.

If you're a newbie or someone looking to upgrade, if you run a 3x3 tent, get a 250W CMH and go to town, if you're in a 4x4 go for a 400W CMH, if you're in a 4x8 go for 2x 400W or 3x 250. Some people prefer penetration, others prefer multiple light sources.

And may I suggest that with a CMH since the vast majority of the heat travels upwards, that you switch to vertical bulbs (Philips MasterColor Retro White) as they have a proven safety record, so the normal concerns for MH or HPS of bulb shattering isn't an issue if you buy Philips.

Then you can simply hang it on a yo yo, install your main vent fan and filter at the top of the tent, and vent up and out.

Actually you could install one duct on the top, some duct work, your scrubber mounted and hanging from the studs above, duct work into the antic, inline blower, more duct work and bam, heat is gone.

CMH is wonderful kids, you can get your un air cooled reflector within six inches of the canopy with no burn, trust me I've done it.

Ok I talked smack on the other tent makers for their weak frames, but who of all the makers has the thickest canvas? From what I've read every single tent on the market has pinhole size light leaks due to the canvas being thin the silver lining material having holes in it.

so your saying a homebox is weak??? Or it's shitty???? I just ordered one, actually the smaller one 2x2x4, only for 100$.... It fits my space requirements.. I'm actually down grading from a two box set-up2x2x3 and 2x2.5x4, connected at the floor. That cost me some dough to make, but I always have it.. I really wish I had a camera to post some pics before I take err down, but it's coming down today.... Can a homebox support a sunsystem hood(basically the one you see in Funk bomb's pic)
Fuckbomb what kind of tent you rockin in that pic??????I'm about to do the same thing with my hood also.. Put a piece of plexy glass in err to seal it off and do the panty hose or dust filter over the open duct on the hood, and pull my exhaust thru the light to a filter. Cooling the light and filtering my room with one fan.... Then I have a fan inside the tent circulating the air. Do you guys know if the vents at the bottom of the tents have a screen or breathable material to block the light??? I think I'm going to have to modify my tent before I give her a go.>>>>

Latest posts

Latest posts