What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Grow room Nightmare

Czech Brothers

So i am brand new here and appreciate this site i hope it can save us from disaster.

My brother and i live in central Cali and we produce the jack herer for most of the dispensary's in santa cruz and san jose. he has 30 years plus growing and produces some amazing meds.. blue dream, big sur holy weed banana cush. we just started an new spot and have run into disaster. after setting the whole thing up with lights and ventilation and pro mix along with a few added supplements, ouir third round has ended in failure.
the plants begin strong and between 2-4 weeks the plants start showing a yellowing of new growth. the leaves slightly curl under but it's the yellowing and stunt of growth. like a nute lock out. we changed to a hydrologic DI system thinking it was the water. no luck the gartden is failing and we have a shit ton of $$$ sunk into this. does this sound like a broad mite problem? i will post some pix tomorrow. this is a photo i have from one of the smallest plants that i flushed yesterday hoping a iron deficiency is to blame.
This doesn't show the yellowing new growth but is what the very first stages of this. this is after 2 weeks being in the new spot??? any help would be greatly appreciated

Jimbeamkush1

I do not have 30 years experience and could easily sound like a idiot saying this.

Looks like the one time I over watered mine lol

Jimbeamkush1

not BM'S. lockout

this is exactly what it looks like to me. but i think he was saying they thought of that.

But with the droopy leaves and weakish looking plant thats why i was thinking its a combination of lockout and over watering

Czech Brothers

Jimbeamkush1 we tried to flush this plant... that may be what you're seeing there. it does not show the affects of new growth turning yellow and leaves slightly curling inward. Kcar what do you know about broad mite infestation in this region.. i see that you're local and we could really use some hope

Czech Brothers

not BM'S. lockout

When I've seen lockout it seem the tips of the fan leaves start to whither and brown. This seems like an iron deficiency or a light bleaching. All the new growth turns yellow and the fan leaves are the last ones to turn color and growth stops.

Kcar

There are FOUR lights!
Veteran
Could be Root Aphids. Do you have any closer pics?
It seems like only the new growth is yellowing.
Do you have any closer pics?

Kcar

There are FOUR lights!
Veteran
Also, what are you feeding them at what strength and what ph?
What are their day/night temps like? The RH%?

P

Pinnate

After more than 40 years growing on and off I still find diagnosis iffy ─ I'd check soil pH, though, just in case . . .

Czech Brothers

here are a few more pix

here are a few more pix

so after flushing the test plant 2 days ago, it looks quite a bit worse.

this it pre_flushing this is 2 days after

a few of these other pics i took this morning to give everyone an idea of what were facing and keep in mind, ths is the third round that has ended up with these symptoms. we've changed the soil every time and changed the water source, went from well water to DI . After taking everything out of the beds we've brought in a few in pots to see if there was a problem in the bed. like a chemical reaction with he plastic lining the bed. and within a few weeks all the plants start to brown and die. and when these effected plants are taken out of this environment they start to recover. My brother is starting to think there may be a natural gas leak. the soil ph is fine the water ph is fine after we add some nutes due to DI water that can't be ph'd. the million dollar question. could this be broad mites? the plant's do amazing when they first come into this room and t-4 weeks after all the new growth yellows and they stop growing.

i think there's something in the environment. still stumped

Czech Brothers

they look terrible and we have another round ready to go in but we have to fix this problem. we have an air conditioner , a dehumidifier and several fans as well as the hoods being separately vented. temp stays around 70-75 degrees. i read in a post somewhere that you can heat up your room to over 120 of 15-20 minutes and kill broad mites. has anyone ever tried this method?
I'm almost convinced it has to be these little bastards. these symptoms mimic nutrient deficiencies but we use quality ferts and are very methodical in using the exact same ferts in both grow rooms and our other room is cranking out huge flowers same water source too. thanks you guys for your help with this.

E

Eureka Springs Organics

MY condolences. This just sucks. Sorry for your problems. It is so hard to tell what the problem is via forum. I hope you guys get this figured out soon.

J

johndoe123

Are your walls painted surfaces? Poor ladies look so sad... I had off gassing do the same damn thing to me one time.

Czech Brothers

[/QUOTE=johndoe123;6187937]Are your walls painted surfaces? Poor ladies look so sad... I had off gassing do the same damn thing to me one time.[/QUOTE]

yes the walls are painted surfaces. What exactly do you mean by "Off gassing"?

Czech Brothers

[/QUOTE=johndoe123;6187937]Are your walls painted surfaces? Poor ladies look so sad... I had off gassing do the same damn thing to me one time.

yes the walls are painted surfaces. What exactly do you mean by "Off gassing"?[/QUOTE]

Are your walls painted surfaces? Poor ladies look so sad... I had off gassing do the same damn thing to me one time.

so now I did some research and realize that the plastic in the feeder tube may be diisobutyl and creating the exact problem were seeing. I'm going to look into that and post later. Thanks!

J

johndoe123

For me it was a cheap china tent that i used way back in the day. Google off gassing and cannabis.... Not trying to send ya chasing your tail but you got a lot of bad mojo happening all at once... Again good luck and keep us up to date.

Kcar

There are FOUR lights!
Veteran
It's not BM's. Their damage is quite different to what you are experiencing.
It really looks like offgassing. When offgassing was new, people thought
it was iron def. When I had offgassing from some N-G-W black hose,
I thought is was iron def. Same symptoms.

Latest posts

Latest posts