What's new

grow room coming along?

what kind of ventng would i need for a 4x8x7 tent with 2 600 w hps with a carbon or phresh filter? 6" or 8" and how many inline fans?

If you can use the 8 inch filter it will be best,a 6 inch will suffice!
A phresh filer is a brand name of a carbon filter manufacturer

One carbon filter and one fan is all you need for exhaust!
Inlet can be filtered to keep bugs out....I will be using a car filter...cheap! Hepa filters are expensive!

Another reason I suggest a tent is that wall covering cost me $117.00 and tape cost $40.00 for two rolls......the tent costs about the same and a lot less work and no tack and nail holes in the walls!

Where would I install the carbon filter? I have a 65 pound capacity from the tent. Both lights alone weigh that. On the floor maybe?

My lights and hoods don't weigh near that! You must be including ballasts.
Ballasts should be on a shelf outside the tent!

The tent will already have at least 6 inch holes ready for filter,fan and ducting. Carbon above and inlet below.

Never have electrical componets on the floor.

When weight is an issue go for a filter that is thinner...some filters are two inches thick of carbon and actually flow less than the one inch thick versions.

If you go with the 38 lb 8 inch filter you can still use two lights and hoods....go with a high flow 6 inch fan and filter if you will feel more secure about it.

The tent makers know what their doing when they recommend a filter size which is usually a 6 inch filter in a midsized 4 x 8 x 7 room!