What's new

Grow Room Build

Ty-Stik said:
The going is slow as the room is crowded with tools, equipment, grow equipment, lumber, drywall, a dog, visitors, scrog frames, hanging lights, and so on.

TyStik

I like the Scrog Frames. How about a quick how to on building them from start to finish :pimp3:

G

indicapimp said:
I like the Scrog Frames. How about a quick how to on building them from start to finish :pimp3:

Okay, here it goes: For each frame have 4 4x4's cut to 32 inches. Then cut 2 2x4's at 75 inches long and 2 at 36". Assemble the 2x4 frame with the 36 inch lengths INSIDE of the longer ones. Use 3 inch drywall or deck screws to assemble them.

Now cut the 2x2's to the same lengths as above and assemble the lower frame. Now that both the top and bottom frame are assembled take the 4x4's and attach them to the 2x4 frame with 2 screws at each corner, turn it up side down and attach the 2x2's to the 4x4's.

Turn it over with the 2x2's at the bottom, using pond liner, cut to 42 inches wide by 78 inches in length, lay it in and staple to the TOP of the 2x2's.

And finally using nylon trellis as depicted, staple down one side and stretch lightly and complete perimeter stapling.

There it is.

Have fun,

TyStik

G

Grow Room Build PHOTO UPDATES

Grow Room Build PHOTO UPDATES

I figured out the problem, my photo editing programs were TrialWare and only allowed 25 edits THEN pay through the nose for the service. I downloaded FreeWare from Komando.com: "IrfanView". Now we be cooking. Excellent program.

Here we go with the PICS of where we are at as of 1300 today.

Enjoy,

TyStik :jump: :muahaha: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:

Mr Celsius

I am patient with stupidity but not with those who
Veteran
Looking good. Did you customize those manifolds? It looks like it, because I don't know of a T that has a 6" output.

G

All parts are off the shelf and assembled or fabricated on site. The 6" units are saddle taps w/ dampers. Openings were made with an air nibbler ($9.99 on sale @ HarborFreight.com). Shear cuts leave ragged edges and can inflict nasty wounds for the unskilled worker.

TyStik

PS: I buy all of my goods from contractor wholesale suppliers, saddle taps are not usually in stock at Lowe's and the like.

G

Update-95% complete

Update-95% complete

This would be me-----TYSTIK

Entering the grow build the first room is the Clone table on the right, door to the Bloom Room, overhead intake to exhaust crossover duct, veg area to the left under a 600HPS w/ a 6" fresh air intake thermostat controlled inline at the floor. Note the vents, they have a mate on the other side near the floor. Exhaust in the Bloom Room plus the 6" fresh air fan evacuates hot air.

Ballast closet and timers, timers will be hung Thursday on the board to the right. 2 20 circuits were run from the main for dedicated power.

Clone table with Hanna TDS/Temp/Ph Meter attached. The probes are in the mixing barrel. The laundry sink was installed in the closet with Cold Water and drain to the outside. Final hook ups on Thursday.

This is the view entering the Bloom Room. Fresh air is drawn into the vertical duct on the left, distributed through the lights and exhausted out at the right (out of view).

Fresh air 10 inch intake.

CanFanCarbon filter with 8" CanFan Inline. The unit recirculates at this time, during summer temps it only requires being inverted with the fan at the bottom and exhausting outside. Note the vent, air is push-pulled from the adjacent Clone/Veg area. A separate 20A existing circuit handles the fans/accessories and a New 20A circuit will handle the A/C yet to be installed.

And finally we have the 10 inch CanFan hood exhaust, note the A-19 Johnson Controls remote bulb thermostat on the wall next to it. This functions the fan when temps exceed 81F, the probe is attached to the black stick poking up through the SCROG netting and is adjustable to plant height.

I will have a total Cost on the project in a few days. There was no charge for building it, except for Diesel Fuel for my truck. All materials were acquired at deep discount, 25/15/10% off and passed to the client.

All of the Cloned Hindu Kush girls (16) and baby clones (16) were also provided at no charge. The client is a caregiver for patients and active in the Cannabis Community Caregiver Program.

Everything works as designed, an AC will be installed in the next couple of weeks in preparation for warmer temps.

This has been an enjoyable project and I had the good fortune to have a client that listens and lays out the Bucks to get it done. The Next project will begin in about 10 days, and I will keep you posted on the progress.

Regards,

TyStik :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:

G

unreal.. wow. dream room. when I graduate from an enclosure to a room, I plan to do it like this. nice work. and once again, wow.

n dubbya

well Ty, what can I say...fuckin nice!!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Ty-Stik again.

Last edited:
S

strain_searcher

Nice job Tystik. I will have to settle for a cab but you are a very good carpenter.

G

100% Complete

100% Complete

The Client was handed the proverbial set of keys this afternoon. With a Very Big smile she shook my hand and used a few choice words to express her satisfaction, naughty but nice.

The total for this Build came to $4,855.00, and included everything. Labor was at No Charge.

Regards,

TyStik

:muahaha:

Barley_Mob

:jawdrop: simply amazing! seeing grow rooms like this just makes my grow look insignifcant!

U trully are a gro room guru :respect:

G

Hey Barley_Mob, an honest and diligent effort that gives positive result is NEVER Insignificant. Size matters? I guess, if the old lady had 5 kids----or the grower is in it for the money and not the satisfaction that comes from a successful grow.

TyStik

Latest posts

Latest posts