What's new
  • Podcast

Our video interview between Gypsy Nirvana and Soma is now available to watch in the podcast section. Click here to check it out.

Grow room accidents (serious)

methias

Just a little safety tip (pun intended) for anyone who might use sticks to support heavy buds.

Put a ping pong ball on the top of every stick in the pot.
You don't want to poke an eye out while inspecting or moving your ladies baked.

Vape on kids.

methias

Can I ask how your float valve failed? was it human error not fully engaging the thumb screw properly or the actual float failed?

Toilets have floats in them and rarely fail, so i'm interested to know how this happened.

:blowbubbles:
Not looking to burst anyones bubble but IMHO toilet float valves fail all the time. Toilets however have an overflow drain that allows the water to harmlessly (except for the wasted H2O) drain to the sewer instead of on the floor.. I believe that everyone has (at one time or another) needed to "adjust the float" to stop the flow of water when the valve gets stuck open because of water scale build up.

To prevent flooding when using similar valves one should set up a similar overflow drain to a sewer line or (like in the A/C industry) setting up a condensation drain pump to deal with overflow. Those pumps can be wired to an alarm to let you know that the fill valve is stuck on so you can correct the problem.
:tiphat:

Hope this helps.

Vape on kids

Fitzera

:blowbubbles:
Not looking to burst anyones bubble but IMHO toilet float valves fail all the time. Toilets however have an overflow drain that allows the water to harmlessly (except for the wasted H2O) drain to the sewer instead of on the floor.. I believe that everyone has (at one time or another) needed to "adjust the float" to stop the flow of water when the valve gets stuck open because of water scale build up.

To prevent flooding when using similar valves one should set up a similar overflow drain to a sewer line or (like in the A/C industry) setting up a condensation drain pump to deal with overflow. Those pumps can be wired to an alarm to let you know that the fill valve is stuck on so you can correct the problem.
:tiphat:

Hope this helps.

Vape on kids

Well I wouldnt so much say they fail in toilets all the time...they tend to stick sometimes. But I dont find that to happen nearly as often as you suggest. But I can hear when our toilets are running, as well as the water going down the drain in the basement.

Having a backup plan though is a very smart idea

nahual

Just a little safety tip (pun intended) for anyone who might use sticks to support heavy buds.

Put a ping pong ball on the top of every stick in the pot.
You don't want to poke an eye out while inspecting or moving your ladies baked.

Vape on kids.

sage advice. im off to find some tennis or ping pong balls!

Iamnumber

Serious Fire burned house - flames out of windows and structural damage (repairable but looks like 5 fig estimate quota)

News report stated that the fire started from indoor cannabis grow light.
No details given on HOW the fire started or what caused this.

Second grow area was found in storage building next to the house ( so I guess the grower had some experience ).

f-e

Mentor
A unit burnt down in Derby, lighting up the neighbour. It turned out he had a grow to. His unit in turn lit up the next one. Who it turned out.. had a grow. All 3 burnt down. Non of them knew the other units were growing.

I don't know, but imagine it was a wiring nest that somebody disturbed. It's very easy to pull an IEC out, if you don't plan your install properly.

All our lights come with cold condition IEC's. They cost pennies. The one's in your kitchen are hot condition. Our lights used to get them, and I never changed any until cost cutting made the switch to... printer cables.