What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Grow Lab: The quest for Infinite Resin

justiceman

Veteran
Here is a list of what I have been feeding them as of late.
Feeding(3/09/10)
200ppm cal mag
15ml humega
6ml Liquid Karma
(citric acid PH down)
ppm=450

Water(3/11/10)
200ppm cal mag
50ppm micro blast
(potassium bicarbonate PH up)
ppm =250

Foliar spray(3/15/10)
5ml LK
6ml seaplex

Feeding(3/16/10)
5ml grow
5ml infinity
1ml grow-n
5ml amino aide
ppm= 650

Thanks Kcar. Ya i have been following that nutrient schedule since that last feeding yesterday(found it on their website too). I did the beginning veg week 1 column and it came up to about about 650ppm. I think on the next feeding I will actually increase the grow a little bit more since they are definitely under fed. I am indeed vegging. They are going to be on day 8 very soon. My light hours are 18/6. Once again thanks for going to the trouble of finding that nute schedule and paying attention to my grow!

justiceman

Veteran
Day 14 Veg

Day 14 Veg

Good stuff.. keep it comin!

Thanks man! I'll be try not to disappoint. Positive vibes!

Hey everyone! So It looks like I was able to bring the Hindu's back to acceptable health levels! I am really happy as I thought I screwed up and was heading to a downward spiral of failure:help: Fortunately that was not the case. This is what I have been feeding them since the last update. They have really greened up and are exploding with growth. If i play my cards right everything should go smoothly from here on out.

Feeding(3/19/10)
200ppm Calmag
5ml grow
5ml infinity
1ml grow-n
5mlamino aide
PPM=700
(was 850, but I diluted it with R/O)
PH: 5.95
Temp: 21 Celsius

Feeding(3/23/10)
200ppm cal mag
5ml grow
10ml liquid karma
1ml Micro blast
1ml Roots Excelurator
Roots oregonism XL
PPM=650
PH: 5.85
Temp: 20 Celsius

Now lets see. I just picked up Nine 2 gallon smart pots! I will transplant into them before I flower. I am really excited about Smart Pots. I like the idea of the pots helping to keep the root zone cool during hot temperatures not to mention that it prevents root circling(indirectly causes denser root systems) as well as helps keep higher levels of oxygen in the root zone. Sounds excellent to me.
DSCN0003.jpg

Another thing I recently did was purchase a wire shelving unit so that I can create my own Shady Veg Station. I really like the idea, and thanks again Shady for putting the information out here! I was able to get a 54"H 18"D 48"W unit perfect for my closet. I won't be rushing its construction as I am not in dire need of it right now.. It is more like a fun side project that is until it really gets going and then It will obviously be incorporated into the whole Quest. I plan to use it for cuttings, seedlings, and a few small mother plants as well as small vegging plants. I aim to get a 4' 4bulb t5 fixture for the mothers and then either another 4' 4 bulb t5 fixture for the seedlings, and cuts or possibly just a 4' 2 bulb t5 fixture, but hell why not get the 4 bulb for both levels right?
(you probably see a 2 bulb t12 fixture. It is a piece of crap that makes new and old bulbs flicker so I won't be using it)
DSCN9998.jpg

Alright so now that the updates to new items and ideas are over here are the girls! Let me know what you think guys. Any questions, commentary, LOVE, and constructive criticism are more then welcome.
Day14.jpg

Day141-1.jpg

Day142-1.jpg

Day143.jpg

Day144.jpg

DSDFreak

The ladies are lookin so good man.. I too look forward to seeing how the smart pots work.. Plan on doing any training or pruning?

Kcar

There are FOUR lights!
Veteran
Wow! What a difference! They're lookin great! They're still looking a
tad on the lime-green side, but way better.

Kcar

There are FOUR lights!
Veteran
I have a 4' 4 bulb T5 and I like it and everything, but I also DIY'ed 3 2bulb 4' t8's from
homedep and they work just as good for .25 the money. Just make sure to
get the 6500K Daylight bulbs.

P.s. I see you spent some dough on the Roots Excelurator... Good choice.

justiceman

Veteran
The ladies are lookin so good man.. I too look forward to seeing how the smart pots work.. Plan on doing any training or pruning?
Thanks man! I love the way the look on this post compared to the last. I can't wait to use those smart pots and examine the root system after harvest! As for training I have done a little bit of LST in the past. I am unsure weather I am going to LST them this time or not though.
Wow! What a difference! They're lookin great! They're still looking a
tad on the lime-green side, but way better.
Thanks man I am happy they came back! They have been getting more food lately. The run off is about 900ppm(1.8EC) I would assume that they would be greener with that much food but they are not showing any signs of burning so i might as well up the dose a little bit because as you said they are still looking a tad on the lime green side, but at least they are healthy and growing correctly now haha.

I have a 4' 4 bulb T5 and I like it and everything, but I also DIY'ed 3 2bulb 4' t8's from
homedep and they work just as good for .25 the money. Just make sure to
get the 6500K Daylight bulbs.

P.s. I see you spent some dough on the Roots Excelurator... Good choice.
Interesting concept. 3 2bulbl 4' t8's. I may have to look into that and see whats up. I hear the Roots Excelurator is key, and what I really like about it is it's one of the most "affordable" root stimulants because of its dilution ratio:jump:

Look good, I'll take a seat.
How tall are they going to get before you flip them?
Thanks for stopping in. I am thinking that I will let them get not much higher then 15 inches. Something around there, but it depends on how bushy they are. If they aren't bushy enough then I will LST them to keep somewhere around that height for veg.

Tuning in...beautiful setup. Those ladies are starting to look better already. Cheers!!!!
Thanks man! I know I am so glad I started feeding them more and they were able to come back.

Kcar

There are FOUR lights!
Veteran
You might want to FIM them about now, or not. I really believe it increases yield.

Y

YosemiteSam

There you go man. Looking good. Really looking forward to seeing how the trial goes.

I used one of the SP 3Ks on a table with two other HPS 600s (one 600 out of 3 was the SP). I think I can honestly say trichome production was greater although I saw a small decrease in yield (I had a couple of screwups along the way so I don't blame the bulb).

Anyways...hope you have great luck with them.

justiceman

Veteran
You might want to FIM them about now, or not. I really believe it increases yield.

So you like FIM, and topping? I haven't actually tried those teks out yet. I have been to scared to chop part of my plant off. Do those techniques really provide greater yield lets say in comparison to LST?

There you go man. Looking good. Really looking forward to seeing how the trial goes.

I used one of the SP 3Ks on a table with two other HPS 600s (one 600 out of 3 was the SP). I think I can honestly say trichome production was greater although I saw a small decrease in yield (I had a couple of screwups along the way so I don't blame the bulb).

Anyways...hope you have great luck with them.

Thanks man I can't wait to try out this 3k! so you used a 3k in the past ay? Would you say that the plants directly under the 3k looked more perky, and healthy then the others under the HPS? Did they possibly produce more floral fall colors?

Day 16 *update*
Alright guys so It seems my girls are starting to require more frequent watering. So I gave them another feeding today, but from here on out I plan to do Feed, Water, Feed, instead of just Feeding only.

Feeding(3/25/10)
200ppm cal mag
5ml grow
5ml amino aide
5ml infinity
1ml grow-n
15ml humega
PPM=800
PH: 5.92

I also decided to LST all of the Hindu Skunk so here they are. I love LST since I don't have to cut anything haha and yes it's because I'm a scaredy cat but LST still diffuses hormones from the top If I'm not mistaken.
note: Too all you beeline users out their I ended up using beeline twine for the LST. So I rep beeline for smoking and LST :tup:.
Day16.jpg

Day161.jpg

Day162.jpg

Kcar

There are FOUR lights!
Veteran
Yeah, I FIM from a very young age, or just top while taking clones.
If anything gets out of hand in flower, I just HST it. I can't wait to see
how the LST works out.

Also, whats beeline?

justiceman

Veteran
Yeah, I FIM from a very young age, or just top while taking clones.
If anything gets out of hand in flower, I just HST it. I can't wait to see
how the LST works out.

Also, whats beeline?

I may have to try out that FIM tek when I get my veg station going. I here the potential for bud sites increase compared to normal topping. If done correctly how much of a recovery time would you say FIMing has.

When you say you just HST if anything gets out of hand in flower does that mean you just top, or super crop them?

Beeline is organic hemp wick dipped in organic beeswax. It is used as an alternative for lighting your herb in order to get away from the possible harms of butane. I like it because it makes my herb taste better IMHO.
Beeline vs. butane...

Inhaling unnatural toxic chemicals is not fun. Yet everyday smokers unknowingly take daily hits from their toxic butane lighters and matches.

With each puff youre inhaling the following chemicals (and many more)

Antimony trisulfide
Urea formaldehyde
Powdered glass
Silica
Potassium chlorate
Sulphur

Why would anyone want to be directly inhaling these toxic chemicals?

They dont they simply arent aware.

There are many side affects of inhaling such chemicals, which Bee Line users can look forward to avoiding. They include (but are not limited to)

Headaches, Disorientation, Drowsiness, Muscle Weakness, Lack of Cordination, Birth Defects, Depression, Iirrability, Inattentaiveness, Damage to Brain, Nervous System, Spinal Cord, Heart Kidney and Lungs

Just type in beeline Hawaii on google and their site will tell you everything you want to know if your interested.

Damn dude I am liking your t8 set up. I am starting to see that t8's are indeed quite formidable. Is that last picture a 2 lamp 4ft t8?

Kcar

There are FOUR lights!
Veteran
2 4' 2 bulb fixtures on the left and one on the right. The cheapy fixtures($9) on the
left are better because they don't have a reflector, just a 6" wide white box 4' long.
So you can fit more next to each other. The other has a reflector and was $20 and
comes with the cord attached. $7.50 for 2 6400k bulbs (32w)

You didn't use the beeline to tie your girls down, did you?

justiceman

Veteran
2 4' 2 bulb fixtures on the left and one on the right. The cheapy fixtures($9) on the
left are better because they don't have a reflector, just a 6" wide white box 4' long.
So you can fit more next to each other. The other has a reflector and was $20 and
comes with the cord attached. $7.50 for 2 6400k bulbs (32w)

You didn't use the beeline to tie your girls down, did you?

Nice price on the lamps for sure! I may just try out t8 instead of t5 but im not sure yet.

I did indeed use the beeline to tie my girls down.

By the way here are some pictures everyone! The tops came back and are reaching towards the light now. I also have some pictures of the LST tie in action.
Day171.jpg

Day172.jpg

Day17.jpg

Kcar

There are FOUR lights!
Veteran
Hey those are looking great!
They're really starting to take off.

Yeah, if they get too tall I just soften them up a bit and break them over.
If your in too much of a rush, you can snap them clean off...

justiceman

Veteran
Hey those are looking great!
They're really starting to take off.

Yeah, if they get too tall I just soften them up a bit and break them over.
If your in too much of a rush, you can snap them clean off...

Hey thanks man! Good to know I can break them in a pinch without suffering to much stress.

Day 21
So I have now hit the 3 week mark of vegetation. I must say that at first the hindu's were going a little slower then other plants I have experienced in the past(or maybe I was just anxious) but they are certainly coming through now. I am really glad they are turning out just fine, because I sure was worried when I started underfeeding them in the beginning. They just got a feeding today and here is what it is. Basically a half dose of everything except I added some Cannazym in the mix and of course humega will always be at full dose.

Feeding (3/30/10)
200ppm cal mag
2.5ml grow
2.5ml amino aide
2.5ml infinity
.5ml grow-n
9ml Cannazym
15ml humega
(citric acid PH Down)
PPM=620
PH: 5.91
Temp:21 Celsius

So I have some unfortunate news concerning my plans for flowering. I gave Sun Pulse a call the other day so that I could go and pick up a 3k 600w lamp, but they told me they were not in stock and they were still waiting for a shipment from overseas. They told me they would not be in stock for at least another 2 weeks(their site says a 3k 600w ships in 4 weeks), so that means that the Hindu skunk flowering will just have to be under the good old 600w Eye Hortilux, however I will buy the 3k as soon as it's available so that I can hopefully use it for the next quest. I won't lie I am a little disappointed I wasn't able to get the 3k for this round, but that's what I get for not making sure and buying it earlier to be safe. Should have just picked it up when i got my 6.4k:tumbleweed:

Well anyway here are some pictures for you guys. I hope you like them! The Hindu's sure have grown since last week! I am debating whether I want to flower them now or give them another week of veg.
Day212.jpg

Day21-1.jpg

I positioned them so they could all be closer to the center
Day215.jpg

Here is close up of one of the little hindu's
Day211.jpg

justiceman

Veteran
Day 28 Veg(Last Veg Shots)

So The day has come for the Hindu's to go into flowering. As I mentioned earlier do to a lack of availability I won't be able to use the 3k Sun Pulse this time around for flower:mad: so I will be using my good old 600w Eye Hortilux for flowering again. I am going to purchase the 3k as soon as its available though so I can use it for the next quest.

I also have another update to the quest witch didn't turn out as favorable as I had thought due to a very foolish mistake concerning measurements. I transplanted into bigger pots about 3 days ago. I had meant to transplant into my 2gal smart pots from my 3.4l pots as mentioned earlier in my journal however when I put the root ball inside one of the SP's I noticed it was sticking up over the edge by about 2-3 inches. I would have been ok with that If their weren't tons of pearly white roots exposed as a result. So I had no choice but to put the smart pots aside for Quest 3 along with the Canna Coco and so I transplanted them into 6l pots. Here is a picture of the pot size comparison. It goes from 6l, 3.4l, and 2gal(7.5l)SP left from right.

Day2812.jpg

I have some Root shots for ya though!
Rootshotstransplantday244.jpg

Rootshotstransplantday243.jpg

So here is what I have been feeding them as of late. Pretty basic feedings. I'm excited to see what the Bloom, Big swell, and Peak have to offer in terms of flower production this round. So far I have noticed that the Soul line is quite potent so It should last a decent amount of time.

Feeding (4/2/10)
250ppm cal mag
5ml grow
5ml amino aide
5ml infinity
.75ml grow-n
9ml cannazym
15ml humega
(potassium bicarbonate PH up slight like)
PPM=850
PH: 5.9
Temp:20 Celsius

Feeding/Transplant(4/4/10)
250ppm cal mag
2.5ml grow
2.5ml amino aide
2.5ml infinity
15ml humega
Roots Oregonism xl
(citric acid PH down)
PPM=550
PH: 5.94
Temp: 20 Celsius

Feeding/Flower(4/6/10)
250ppm cal mag
2.5ml grow
5ml bloom
2.5ml amino aide
5ml infinity
5ml big swell
15ml humega
PPM= 750(850 original but diluted with R/O)
PH: 5.92
Temp:20 Celsius

So I just got a new camera recently and I took these last veg shots before flower. I hope you like them!
Day286.jpg

Day281.jpg

Day288.jpg

Day284.jpg

Day283.jpg

Day289.jpg

Day282.jpg

Ah those were the last pictures of the Hindu with 6.4k light. I sure do like that light. I gives off a great spectrum just for looking at the plants, and they sure seemed to respond to it well. Here is a picture with the HPS on.
Day2811.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts