What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Competition GROW CONTEST WINNER: Phillthy's Perpetual Padded Room

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Strawberry Fields is supposed to be "extinct" from what I know and I have never really researched the KKSC too much but a few people have noted it has leaves alot like Sweet Tooth, or SPG more notably. The Swt #4 line is more SPG leaning but in the Swt #3 line there are plants that have a berry aroma that probably could be called Strawberry. I know for a fact there are raspberry phenos. Maybe we could ask Kyle Kushman if he would spill the beans, wherever he is.

Phillthy is making the cross right here in this thread just go back a page or two he says he dusted a KKSC bush with Swt #4 pollen from a choice male. Phillthy might be making something legendary right before our eyes. The real KKSC clone is not easy to find and verifiable pure Swt #4 is even more rare! This might make a great medical strain for people with anxiety, depression, PTSD, stress / tension and more. Very sought after traits to have!
:party:

M

medfinder

this plant is actually the sister to the frosty one. it is about 4.5 to 5 foot tall from the floor...

picture.php

had to remove the third sister today do to extreme plant testicular development. thats 7 total from the 2 packs of seeds. ouch. only had one other plant from the entire room hermi due to the heat. have to keep the temps down in order for my frosty haze bitch to stay fem. i mean i HAVE to see this flower out...lol took 6 clones and hope at least one roots. took them in flower but seeing how i got a sourbubble bud to root (bless the ezcloner) i dont think i shall have an issue. besides i have revegged enough to be certain this will live on if worthy.

hit another CB plant with tooth pollen :joint: i flowered cb small in order to get it ready for pollen so i may hit a few in order to get a good amount of seeds to share with the community. CB x SWT should work well since it is all blueberry and grapefruit. time will tell ;)

have a bunch of bud sites with dying pistils on the KKSC bush. should have no problems harvesting a rack of seeds there. blueberry, grapefruit, strawberry... what a mix. we all know KKSC and SWT are frosty bitches that yield well, respond to topping well, and finish flowering in 9 weeks or less. really excited about this cross.

cloned the male to see if i can keep him going long enough to pollinate an LUI lady. we shall see.

Crazy...trich overdoze!! cross that one with the sourbubble 4!

did u save any males?

like always sir..ur doing icmag proud!

B

blancorasta

Phillthy is making the cross right here in this thread just go back a page or two he says he dusted a KKSC bush with Swt #4 pollen from a choice male. Phillthy might be making something legendary right before our eyes. The real KKSC clone is not easy to find and verifiable pure Swt #4 is even more rare! This might make a great medical strain for people with anxiety, depression, PTSD, stress / tension and more. Very sought after traits to have!
:party:

so are some of these beans gonna; make their way, to the bay?......phillthy?

peace

G

guest3901

im sooo glad this room is padded...more reason to smash me head against the wall...
ahhhhh...crap im bleeding through me eyes again...
oh well...another day in paradise.

Phillthy

Seven-Thirty
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks guys. i know you are down to grow some tooth x cb arawn ;) i'll never forget you called the keeper cb plant from the 4 ladies i had early on. you told me to watch that plant and sure enough....

i want to send in some beans as freebies for sure. i got my favorite plant in my garden out of a pack of freebies donated by arawn and feel it only right to contribute. big ups a!

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've been saying it since you first told me about the KKSC x Swt#4....

IT WILL BE EPIC....please, PAY ATTENTION folks. There are few things I've REALLY promoted on this site. Carolina Blue, yes. Chem D x NL, yeah...she is fire. Highlighter's Honey White, and yes....KKSC x Swt#4. These genes are ALL community made, community DONATED, and community grown. I honestly think those of us sorting through the best of OUR best (meaning what we find in our own gardens) are producing the next generation of cannabis. The big breeders do their part for the masses...but if you are looking for MEDICINE...my goodness, people PLEASE, listen to the experience of the PATIENTS. (i.e. the COMMUNITY). The ones growing and producing seed for MEDICAL benefits and NOT for profits...are making pure gold. THIS is where the BEST cannabis is. PERIOD.

For those that complain about seed prices....HOLY HELL....GO TO THE SERVER FUND on Seedbay. More outcrossed elites enter those auctions than you could ever possibly imagine. And not just some random plants either. But you know so and so's cut of such and such, that you know you will never get a hold of...well, someone is making seeds...and they are going to hit the Server Fund at one time or another. (like our brother Phillthy, here...) You just gotta check it regularly....

Kyle Kushman...actually has NOTHING to do with Strawberry Fields.

For those asking..."Strawberry Fields" was from first from Vermont, if I remember correctly.
The old man was growing it, I think the story goes for 12 or 15 or 20 years (yeah, I know, big difference in time, but it's been a bit since OvG was around) ANYHOOO... the old man was a strawberry farmer and also had a bit of a thing for cannabis. So he grew each year outdoors, and placed the plant amongst his strawberry patches. He didn't want the cannabis plants to be obvious so he began staking the plant down and stretching it out (kinda LST) and leveling it out, height wise, with his strawberry patches. This went on for years, and as he kept doing this, he noticed certain changes in the plant. It got to be easier to train...the branches got lankier, the smell of it began to resemble that of the strawberry patches. (now we know such things to be explained by the phenomenon of epigentic drift) WELL...this special plant...now so greatly honed in to this very particular environment and method of growing, was sent or taken to Amsterdam and crossed to a chosen haze plant. The result became known as "strawberry cough".

NOW enter Kyle Kushman...sorting some beans...and his chosen cut, now known as KKSC, was the best example by structure and growth patterns to resemble the few known traits of "Strawberry Fields". His selection was quite indica dominant...

What I don't understand, is why there isn't as much talk about S'creme. aka Strawberry Creme...another VERY special plant that has been chosen and kept by ClearBarbedFunk (CBF). The S'creme plant holds many of the same traits as the original "Strawberry Fields" as well...also selected from within the Strawberry Cough genome pool (I'm not certain on this...don't quote me here). But to the very best of my understanding...it is the most accurate sativa representation found to date.

There was a release of a few things from CBF early last year that used his S'creme mother. One was an outcross to grapefruit (interesting, no???!!!!). From that outcross, he did a Bx1 of his S'creme. Shortly there after, there was another release of Chem D x S'creme Bx1 (yes, a Bx1 male) made shortly after that first release. I was LUCKY enough to snag a couple packs of each release, and still hold them in my vault until the appropriate time. If you guys want to see some more amazing plants...do a bit of research on S'creme.

The point being, WHATEVER Strawberry fields was or is, if anyone still holds the original plant, is quite impressive and some of the most cherished and beloved modern hybrids, came from and old man growing his strawberries and his genuine love of cannabis.

Anyway...sorry for the trip down ye ole' rusty memory lane...but I simply LOVE the history and stories that revolve around this plant. (cannabis) It is quite magnificent!!!

dank.Frank

Last edited:
B

blancorasta

came from and old man growing his strawberries and his genuine love of cannabis.

Anyway...sorry for the trip down ye ole' rusty memory lane...but I simply LOVE the history and stories that revolve around this plant. (cannabis) It is quite magnificent!!!

dank.Frank

i love genetic lineage stories

haha ive grown my alaskan ice and done the same thing in my strawberry patch goin on two seasons, maybe i'll keep doin it for the next 20 years or so and recreate strawberry fields. J/K

so is CBF a member here? S'creme sounds interesting.

thanks bro!
peace

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Okay Frank well then now I want it even more my mouth is just watering. I love the strain lineage story too! So whatcha gonna call it Phillty? ~ Strawberry Tooth? People might expect it to smell like strawberries by the name but knowing the aroma the male Tooth usually imparts in crosses it's likely gonna smell like pink grapefruits maybe with a healthy mix of the strawberry haze? Might smell like something totally new that has never been smelled or tasted before! I bet that cool old man (if he is still alive) sure would be glad to know his special plant is still in there alive genetically & going strong. :joint:

:plant grow: <== me and my future KKSC x Swt #4 beans

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Fragadisi" - a combination of the genus names of strawberries and grapefruit...

blancorasta - yes, CBF is a member of this site. His seeds when available, which is very infrequent, are sold on Seedbay under the pirvate / breeder section, and were listed under Cedar Berry Farms...

Glad you guys enjoyed the history...

dank.Frank

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
now we know such things to be explained by the phenomenon of epigentic drift)

DF explain epigentic drift to me please.... i could google it but let here some knowledge from you lol...

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Essentially, it is the result of a plant adjusting itself to thrive in a particular environment. When a plant is subject to consistent environmental conditions, it will "change". However, these changes / traits, will be carried over if the plant is taken to another environment. However, due to the change in environment, the plant may now suffer and get weak and begin to show a loss of vigor or resin production or might start growing slower...

However, NONE of the changes EVER took place on a genetic level...at the molecular level, the plant is still EXACTLY the same. So it is simply "drift"...not truly a weakened plant or a plant living its last of days...but rather, it is out of the environment that it had custom tailored itself to....

Does that make sense? If not...try reading this thread. I say try because it gets DEEP!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=167789&highlight=epigenetic+drift

dank.Frank

B

blancorasta

Essentially, it is the result of a plant adjusting itself to thrive in a particular environment. When a plant is subject to consistent environmental conditions, it will "change". However, these changes / traits, will be carried over if the plant is taken to another environment. However, due to the change in environment, the plant may now suffer and get weak and begin to show a loss of vigor or resin production or might start growing slower...

However, NONE of the changes EVER took place on a genetic level...at the molecular level, the plant is still EXACTLY the same. So it is simply "drift"...not truly a weakened plant or a plant living its last of days...but rather, it is out of the environment that it had custom tailored itself to....

Does that make sense? If not...try reading this thread. I say try because it gets DEEP!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=167789&highlight=epigenetic+drift

dank.Frank

i only read this post here, and was about to ask if this is similar to epigentics? LOL fuckin A, good thing i read a few posts back in the topic review first.

DF,
thanks man, ive seen some listing from cedar berry farms before too Damn! i had no idea what i was looking at SHIT! oh well ill keep my eyes peeled.

thanks again,
peace

B

blancorasta

i dont know exactly how accurate it is, but when i try to explain the very little i know about the human epigenome i use this analogy.

think of a specific gene on a specific part of the chromosome. now think of that gene as the electrical circut in a vehicle. If that were the case the epigenome would be like the fuse panel. Dependant on environmental factors the epigenome can adapt the function of a gene without changing the gene its self, by (removing and replacing) EDIT: moving specific chemical tags.

These chemical tags are like the fuses, you remove a fuse here and the panel orders the circut to behave accordingly, add a fuse there and another change is made. its the same in the epigenetic, genetic relationship.

Its what explains alot of cancers, how environmental factors can result in malignant diagnosis which is a cell that has a detrimental genetic defect causing it multiply and multiply with out dying.

It explains how genetically identical twins still remain individuals, and interesting enough identical twins have the exact same epigenome at birth. But as time goes on and they have their own life experiences, their epigenomes drift futher and further apart, further differentiating them.

It also can explain why we share over 98% of our genetic map with chimps but are obviously very different, its why we can be so closely related genetically but so distantly related in reality.
And why we ourselves as humans can be so different when we all share pretty much an identical genome. the subtle epigenetic differences is what creates variety.

if this is indeed how it works? Dank frank???

then i think this makes it fairly easy to grasp the basic mechanisms at work at least

please feel free to correct, or just prove me down right wrong LOL

peace

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hahaha...wish I truly understood it all myself, because I can't honestly say I do. I simply have a very basic knowledge in regards to such things...

I can tell you, if you read through the link I posted, you'll come across the ICmag members that REALLY do know such things far beyond my feeble mind can comprehend...

But I will say your analogy makes it pretty understandable, given its correct...lol.

dank.Frank

Phillthy

Seven-Thirty
ICMag Donor
Veteran
toked on some of the chemd x williams wonder today. proper stuff. you could call it chem 5 or chem e LOL. i mean it fits right in. funk funk funk is the smell when dried. you can smell it through the entire house. not as stingy pungent like the d but more offensive then chem4. when toked the smell comes through in the flavor but it is pleasant. i can only say it is a mix of chemd, chem4 and a christmas wreath...hahahaha. 1/3 of a joint and my ass as laid out. potent and on par with the chems for sure.

on another note... i bred the lower 3rd of this lady today ;)

picture.php