What's new

GROW CONTEST WINNER: 30 Sour Bubble Trees, 20 Gallon Smartpots, 10K Sealed!

cannachef

By cook do you mean let the mixed amended soil above sit in a rubber maid at room temperature for a period of time? I was hoping to make the above mix, and than use it down the line a few months later when i do a transplant

that is 100% what he means. also making it now and letting it sit around for a few months is not only fine its great! though personally id go look up subcools super soil.

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorry for the extra late replys everyone

Bag- Goodluck, lots of keepers to got through in a single pack. Sour Bubble seed forever is also a plan of mine.

Funkybud- Thanks and welcome.

Turbo14- Everything turned out superb, I am still puffing away on it daily. I think last round really raised the bar, she could have only had flushed out a little better, working on that now. The smoke is crystal clean pure white ash, I just like seeing the colors she can put out more.

green planet- your welcome sharing is caring.

BOG- good to see you here, I know how you feel I am always proud of her, I hear nothing but great things every single time I light one up.

kushedphantom- thank you

motajardinero- thank you, attention to detail can save you alot of work.

kt420- seriously you could throw them into a beer cup, I bet I could whip one pretty far.

ceesmokegud- sour bubble or most of bog strains don't stretch to much, so somehting short and squat is your best bet. Also sour bubble is pretty damn tolerant to abuse, very easy to grow.

Pseudo- no real watering schedule, it does vary depending on what stage they are in. 1 batch makes about 50-60 gallons of mix. Try it you will love it. Thank you

Cannachef- you should believe in it! I did to! Sorry no supersoil experience myself.

Shrpshooter- thanks it was, some things to improve on for sure still dialing this thing in though.

sneakyg- yes thats what I meant. The plants do great right away in this I put fresh rooted cuts of anything in it. I actually have an ecsd on day 60 right now just loving it and we know how picky she can be.

Tonygreen- It went straight to the trash lol, seriously there was at least a quarter of hash stuck to it. I could have bent it sideways and stuck it on a flagpole and it would look like we are on the moon!

Turbo14- Yes and no, I have gotten to have sometime off lately which is nice! Harvest month is always a bitch because I am cycling everything else around to.

Burning Tree- Thanks bro and I will! I hope all is well with you

Alright IC it has been a while since I have given you any kind of update. I apologize but sometimes a break is nice and healthy. I have been taking some time off here and there but also staying busy as usual. Currently I am on day 43 of another sour bubble 20 gallon organic mix run under the 10K, so only a matter of days and the fun part starts again. This round I am only running 24, that is my new rotation to make room in the plant limits for my flip/flop rooms.

Last harvest believe it or not came in under the first one by 2 units. So I came in at 14.5. units. I attribute that to three things.

1= I went to air cooled hoods and I banged my small hoods down way to close to the canopy and did not get an even spread.

2= Plant shape really really matters with low numbers of sour bubble going for maximum yields.

3=Sour Bubble just is not the yielder I wish she was.

The positives though of the last run are I have her dialed in health wise, I could not ask for more perfect growth. The quality is through the roof and nugs were denser then dense. Somebody asked me how I, "managed to perfect perfection." Yields aren't as high as I would like, I am sure with higher numbers I could slaughter my record, but that isn't possible. So time to switch it up and go for big.

I have one more round in veg of sour bubble, 24 of them, replacing the current round when finished. I have come to the conclusion I am ready to run something more yieldy through to see what I can do. I am leaning on my grape bogglegum cut, she finishes in 8 weeks and bushes out naturally. Her only issue is she loves to yellow out early regardless of what you through at her. I am going to try smashing her with cal/mg but I suspect it is just her thing. She still yields good with great quality. If I don't run her then I am going to try and run katsu bubba kush and my Sour Biesel, 12 of each. Both yield good and are fun to grow. Decisions decisions.

The room no has 2 OG 8" vertical aircooled hoods hung up, 3 more are ready to go up, and after this next harvest I will install the remaining 5.

I do have one flip flop room currently on day 24 flower. In there I have 10 death bubble females in 7 gallon pots. The room is 5ft x 5ft x 80"H, a secret jardin 150 proII. In there I have 1K HPS in a yield master II. I purchased the OG hoods orginally for the flip flop but they are to damn big. I have the yield master hanign from it's triangles now. The death bubbles really has me excited, I am seeing way more variation then I expected. I have a few heavy Deathstar leaning and one real heavy sour bubble leaning. The rest are in betweens. The vigor is nuts, huge hollow ass stems on everyone. Out of 10 females something is going to be awesome.

The second flip flop room is going up anyday now, I have everything here ready to go, it is just waiting for plants. I have 6 of my east coast sour bubble aka Sour Biesel clones vegged out nicely in 7 gallon pots now for 3 weeks. I got a new 4ft 8 bulb t5 in the veg room that will constantly veg 6 plants for the next available flip flop room. The sour biesel clone is dank as fuck, her flavor is great, smell is awesome, high is great, vegs fast, bushes nice, not as floppy as ecsd.

I have ran about 10 females now from that specific female to male crossing and she stand sout above all. Also I have seen other females form another male. The male were bx4 sour bubbles and I was not happy with most the females. They were great but nothing like the bx3 I seen so I will most likely be starting over with that cross with my two new bx3 males. The clone I have now though is keeper status currently and she has out yielded 9 other strains in a side by side. 11oz+ off a 10gallon pot first time I grew her from clone.

Really right now the flipflop is going to be my fun rooms, the big room is to easy and slow so it gets boring, I like to have something always coming down it lets me experience more faster without messing up the mono crop in the big room. Plus my patients get more free weed more often so it benefits them, I wanted to be able to offer them more variety and exotci shit I won't run on large scale.

The next flip/flop veg round is going to be, one of each:

Ghost OG
SFV OG
King Louie OG
Chem 91
SFV/Chem D - Idos
Jedi Kush #2 - Ranger Rick

That will be a variety run, I have no OG experience so I am about to get learned up on their floppy stubborn asses but I have no fear, the ecsd is soaking the soil mix up right now perfectly. I don't normally run so much variety but these rooms are not about yield they are about flavor and searching for new cool genetics. Don't be suprised when my 2 sour B males I am keeping and testing out smack all those bitches up with some other ladies as well. More on that to come :)

Currently the orgy room is in full orgy mode. I am on day 52ish 12/12, I just removed the males, I let them go full nut on 3 ladies for 7 weeks. I have in there:

1 new bx3ish female
My keeper sour B female
1 bushy bx4 looking smelling female
2 stud bx3 males
1 spacey bx4ish male

I think I can tell the difference now after seeing 35+ seedlings through, and running different packs and releases. If not no biggie only keeping what I like. This run was an orginal release pack from Bog's return, I aquired them with the same order I aquired mine. They were gifted back to me from a friend whom I ordered them for. I only found 5 new plants, but I was glad to get 3 males. I will now have a nice stash jar of that release in f2 form for security and gentic conservation.

Next up in the bang chamber will be my favorite male dusted on ghost og, sfv og, king louie og, chem 91, ecsd, deathstar, Sour Biesel, jedi kush #2 if its ok with Rangerrick and sfv/chem if its ok with IDO. This will give me a nice pool to grow some beans out and see how the male performed, immediatley after the other male will go through the same orgy situation. My personal seed stash is growing, I am now using mini mason jars per strain :) Another project I plan to take on is I made a cross of a sour bubble bx4 male to the katsu bubba kush. The BX4 males I feel will be PERFECT to work on the katsu. I will take my f1s and begin a back cross to the katsu clone and see whats happens. Most likely I will be reversing the katsu first anfd making/running s1 to see how she does for the back cross test.

So yeah, right now I am in bean mode, popping them and making them. So badly I want to crack every pack I ever purchased. Eventually when I create something I am proud of I will be sure IC gets it. Long ass post if you read the damn thing holy shit thanks lol

Here is the bang chamber sour bubble f2 run, I love the male on the right. The middle on is actually very nice as well but I supercropped it and lost some heads. The male on the left is the suspected bx4 I threw out, to spacey airy of a structure. The females are in the back. I actually got real nice trichrome production, density, and size under the 6 bulb blue t5 light I am flowering these under.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Males for sure man, I am keeping and testing 2 out of 3. One female in my eyes isn't good unless she smells like red kool laid sour at harvest. The other female looks exactly like my keeper but has more of a mocha smell and her coloration is starting to say so to. She might be the mocha pheno which is nice. I am running her in my next run in the big flower with my keeper to check her out fully. The two males will be chucked on a bunch of shit and tested. The genes are preserved! Should be a nice amount of beans.

P.S. Poopy- I seen the trailer park boys movie, only part of it. Funny shit. I seen the part about man whoring for cheeseburgers lol

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
Get some of my genes in them tents and give me seeds...

i got some buddha, buddha jones, p 13 chem d xnl5 etc... etc.. and dont forget about me and some seeds i like mason jars too -=P lol... good shit bud looks awsome...

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I won't forget you man my seed stash is always open to you bro. I will slap your reclining buddha next round instead of something else, I would love to see wtf would come out of that. I am trying to imagine the bud structure and I can't. Do you have a katsu mom that is sizeable? I am getting ready to grab her back but could use some more cuts of her to run a whole round, not even sure if you hold her. We need to get to cracking these beans.

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
im not holding much right now... only thing i have cuts of is chem d x nl5 and motor breath...

o and death star...

its gonna be fun at your house im gonna get to popping seeds at the start of next year.. got two more 16 room runs then going back down to 12 and putting up tents like you... then its nothing but seeds... by not next yer but the year after i hope to run nothing but my own gear... but im sure thats far fetched lol...

haha yea dude i got all 7 seasons of trailor park boys man its worth a watch... i burn shit and watch during trim sessions... its hilarious...

whodare

Veteran
Omg, I really thought that was a female for a second. Fuckin nuts, literally.

Nice room, gotta read the whole thread, but fer reals ditch the fucking cheapo yield masters quick, they throw such a shitty light pattern. Check, the hydro source .com, they have the large ajustawing with cords mislabeled for 120 instead of 150 and free shipping. Killer deal really.

Beautiful garden though, you definitely rock it out, and I can't blame ya for using the cheapo reflectors lol got a few myself, building a good room out sure costs a mint ehh.

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I hear you whodare, for some reason over the years I have been stubborn about hoods. I have ended that and have 5 OG vertical hoods in now and 5 more getting installed before the next flip. That male is throwing some density for sure. It has been grown under blue t5 lights and in a 3 gallon pot, never fed anything not even cal mag with 0ppm RO water. I have literally just been spalshing water in there a couple times a week and Taaa Daa. All flower hoods will be upgraded soon.

whodare

Veteran
Keep it up man

I here for the show now.

Ready to see the og hoods up, I think they will make a big difference.

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
whats up everyone...

PK, damn man...that dudes a pimp...

that male at the end looks like the one I had... does it stink like a bag of sour bubble?

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Thanks for the update pk, I would love to see you do the half katsu half sour biesel run. I can't wait to see whats to come. The sour bubble is great though and I enjoyed her personally....

I

idoreallytry

shit bro you and i are cooler than big records and fat crayons so u make as many seeds with every cut i give ya,,,peace

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hell yeah Ido I will be over soon to go cut shopping if thats cool :) I know I have been saying it, just waiting for the right time so i don't go over or over veg them. The time is coming though. I don't know about old records but fat crayons, yes!