What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Grow chronicles; Pics and comments

Muad' Dib

I going to update the thread (finally), but before I would like to make a small reflection on the events through that I have lived recently. Anyways it is not an offtopic, all is about cannabis.

Lately has been celebrated a cannabic cup in my area, one of many that are celebrated in so many places. This one it is organized by a non-profit local association, so it is not a business but it is becoming important year by year because the prestige to win a non commercial cup. I use to be judge in the hash cathegory, but this year in addition I have been giving a hand to manage the judgement and have had the opportunity to see many things, i already knew/imagined most of them but now I have had the occasion to suffer it.

Many people think that the authentic problem of the cannabic world is, as some people says, "the prostitution of a sacred plant"... But this is not completely true. We know that the commercial and bussiness interests are able to influence on the approach or in the point of view about the cannabis and this determines the way of interacting of every individual in this world. This is asumible and even predictable, it might say that there are people who uses the plant at the service of the economy, which in this world that we live is legitimate always when certain managerial ethics appear.

But another problem much difficult to manage than the cannabussines one is when the cannabis is not used at the service of the economy but at the personal prestige... And i'm not talking about the recognition of the others on the basis of the effort or the experience acquired after many years, but about feeding the ego.

On this contest, the judges are selected one by one because their experience, they don't must to pay nothing, they are just invited... And this is the origin of the problem... Oh guys, the ego is really a difficult thing to manage, people who believes herself importantly, people who believes herself more than the others, with rights for privileges, elitism, hermetism...

People that in a jury table where a few samples are valued, shows his own samples saying that the samples of the contest are a shit compared with his own, people who don't talk with his judge companions in the same table because he's a kind of god and the knowledge it is his private property... I have had the occasion to see how many persons of the cannabic scene, some of them friends of mine whom i consider to be good persons, were haughty and distants with other persons who should not have been prejudged by his knowledge or experience but for his human quality.

So... After this brick there are some conclusions about this world, or at least about a great part of it... Just a world of egos, elitism and inscrutability that sincerely i hate. I like the humble people who admits the mistakes and like to help the others and to share. I like the people who values the learning and those that they would like to learn... And I really don't like the people who labours to show himself as the best of the universe and how exclusive his genetics are.

Vibes.

Muad' Dib

So, here i go with an update... Finally. I was chopping many plants on the last month, some of them are old friends but there are some newbies that i'm testing in order to keep some pheno or not. I'll post it from the first i chopped to the last.

Somango 58 days

picture.php

She smell so strong, i'm very pleased with her because she's well frosty but it is not the best cut i've tried of this strain. The aroma it's tropical fruits with a citric touch.

Starbud Sister 65 days

picture.php
picture.php

A good plant that i'm going to keep at least for some time. I love the intense flavour of this resin, very good quality hash from her, very aromatic and tasteful.

Indiana Bubblegum x OT Moonshine #1 65 days

picture.php
picture.php

This is the first one of the three phenos from Mosca seeds, it is also the most fast, frosty and aromatic up to now. No bubblegum smell by the way, just fruity and sweet candies but not that bubblegum touch.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
I just went thru this whole thread. Really nice work man!! Love your variety, and choices of strains.

Muad' Dib

This one is the second pheno, i chopped her 1 week later than the first one, not because she needs a week more exactly but because i only have 1 day per week to trimming. There is not many differences between both phenos as you can see, smells are so similar.

Indiana Bubblegum x OT Moonshine #2 72 days

picture.php

Blue Moon #2 72 days

picture.php

Blue Moon #3 72 days

picture.php

These Blue Moon are 2 different phenos, just the #2 and the 3#... Unexplainably i lost the pics from the #1, just the one i like and i'm going to keep for some time, so it will appear by here in the future for sure.

Girl Scout Cookies?

picture.php
picture.php

This one is supposedly one of many cuts of Girl Scout Cookies but i'm not sure of that she's legit. She smell really weird to me, someone detect some familiar characteritic of the GSC?

Vibes

Last edited:

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
thank you for sharing your thoughts and feeling about the cannabis scene where you are. I think it is like that in many places. Whenever people make celebrities, then this prima donna mentality is encouraged. Your thoughts make sense to me and reflect some of my experiences.

Your garden looks mui magnifico. Your plants are delightful to look at and the descriptions of smells and flavors is nice too.

Very nice work Muad 'dib. Thank you for sharing

Muad' Dib

thank you for sharing your thoughts and feeling about the cannabis scene where you are. I think it is like that in many places. Whenever people make celebrities, then this prima donna mentality is encouraged. Your thoughts make sense to me and reflect some of my experiences.

Your garden looks mui magnifico. Your plants are delightful to look at and the descriptions of smells and flavors is nice too.

Very nice work Muad 'dib. Thank you for sharing

Hey my friend, c'est la vie... Do you think is it possible to stop the world and get off or i need to dismount afoot?

Thanks for comment, you are magnifico.

Vibes

Muad' Dib

Just a new update, i continue chopping plants.

Candy kush 79 days

This one should have been choppep 10 days ago. Smell is candy with a kush touch, no surprises, but a low rotten fruit aroma because she's so over ripe.

picture.php

Malawi 86 days

This is a classic, i run her in every ocassion. This time she was pollinated by an intrepid C-99 F1 Mosca male, so i've been collecting some seeds from the low branches.

The fact is that she might need a few days more to be completely ripe, but if I don't chopp her now I will not be able to do it even in two weeks and it would be too much.

picture.php

Jack the Ripper 63 days

I get this clone by a friend, it is not the first JTR from TGA that i grow and i don't like her specially but my friend insist me and well, i must to recognize that this cut is very well frosty. Anyways i'm not going to keep it.

Smells are complex, just a rare mix between sweet fruit scents and "commercial haze". Commercial haze for me it is that touch of common smell that you can find in a lot of commercial varieties like Jack Herer, Amnesia, etc.

picture.php
picture.php

Muad' Dib

Here 4 resin samples. I really don't smoke the herb the most of the times but the hash.

Above: Queen Mother, Girl Scout Cookies
Down: Candy Kush, OTM x IBG

picture.php

Last edited:

Muad' Dib

I'm taking profit of the weather, it is so warm. Right now the sun it's out 10-1/2 hours per day, so when the harvest time it will 12-1/2... It's ok for a fast winter flo. So I've planted some clones on these days. At the back, a beautiful young lemon tree enjoying the mediterranean sunset.

picture.php

Vibes

Hey mate!

Hey mate!

Hey Muab'dib, how r u doing mate?

Maybe I misread something but where are this SD coming from? are you still keeping it?
Also I'd ask you about Starbud Sister, I run a couple of strains with her in their lineages but I didn't keep any of them. What could you tell us about?

go!go!go!

P14.

Muad' Dib

Hey Panoramix the SD it is called "Riri", just a well known cut by here, for sure you've heard about it. Yes, she's in my harem, she's one of my favorite girls and also one of the few herbs that i like to smoke.

The Starbud Sister it's a selected cut from some Hortilab seeds (not mine). Medium well yield and a strong diesel aroma. My opinion about this plant is that the hash from her is better than the herb... I mean, the aroma is really delicious but the flavour seems to me a bit bitter, so i use to make hash.

Vibes

hey dude!
Yes I know and 'own' Riri's cut, hehehe. I asked 'cos I though maybe it could be some SD old cut we used to have and we miss a lot. It came to us from Mallorca...

P14.

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
Where are more pictures of your plants mi amigo? :) I look forward to seeing them. Good health to you.

Muad' Dib

Where are more pictures of your plants mi amigo? I look forward to seeing them. Good health to you.

Hey my friend, thanks for the support. This year i'm going to finish the indoor season before than the last, it will be just on the next month.

I'm just starting with the outdoor garden and i'm giving less attention to the indoor but i'll post some more pic.

Vibes.

Muad' Dib

Plants and the yard look great.

Hey Bmac, i'm just using that corner in order to take profit of the warm weather and the winter flo. The next month, after chop those plants, i'll start with the vegs... No more weed in the garden until the next winter.

It is not a good idea to grow weed plants in summer season because some helicopters use to fly over the area looking for that... But this year i feel myself a bit "guerrillero" so i'll go across the mountains and let see what i can do, i'll post some pics.

For your eyes only:

There is Lavender (the purple but not sure, let me check tomorrow), NYCD, Shiskaberry and Nebula. They are starting to flo and they look like some feed is needed.

picture.php

Vibes and thanks for passing by.

Muad' Dib

A little update... These 2 are near to the end of the cycle.

G 13 GN03 day 56

picture.php
picture.php

This is the only pheno that i keep from a whole pack of G13 GN03, the rest are in a better life. I'm not sure of that i'm going to keep her, she smells amazingly at this moment but let see what turn out at the end.

Peyote Purple day 56

picture.php
picture.php

This strain never cheat, always frosty, awesome smells and flavours... The only snag is that this cut has a very low yield.

Vibes

Muad' Dib

Hey there, the winter flo was very good at the end, i'm processing it to make water hash just on these days. I'll post some pic.

Meanwhile, i've started a guerrilla growing in the forest, if you would like to pass by the thread just click here.

Vibes.