What's new

Greyskull's Perpetual Medical Coco Grow

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Disguised

Hey bro nice show. Your plants always look great :rasta:

I was wondering, does sweet raise your ppm much, and if so how much are we talking? Thanks man

G

Greyskull

Aloha Disguised :wave: Thanks for the kind words.

About the sweet/ppms... using the sweet the way I do from veg on thru week 7 of my schedule it does not raise the ppms much; the rez's final ppms are within the specific range I intended. However I do notice an unreal spike in PPMS when I flush. I've been doing a "sweet flush", which is water + 25-50ml/G sweet for the last 5-7 days. My 40g rez water starts at 350ppm, then when I add 50ml/G (thats 2000mls!) sweet the final ppm read out is between 1700-1900. *DOES NOT NEGATIVELY AFFECT THE BUDS TASTE LOOK OR SMOKABILITY* I was a little dumbfounded the first time I flushed this way. But I was listening/learning from a guy who'd been in Mendocino growing top shelf buds for 20yrs and he said "its how I do it". My buds burn clean and taste grrrrrreeeeeaaaaaat!

*UPDATE*
I was going to chop down the other 4x4 this evening but looking at the feed schedule I realized I had made an error in how far along the grow really is. I started flower (12/12) 7/30...making today (9/22) DAY 55. Chopping Wednesday will put the plants at DAY 57. I think they are looking ready. What do ya'll think?

Here's a couple of shots of the GDP. Its not the most dominant purple coloring but you can see it. And she smells sooo damn nice :yummy:

The Purple Kush has a very nice frost, doesn't she? I don;t really see a lto of color in her, but she does have a fruity aroma. We'll see :drum:

Look at the Sour DieselxBX3 just looks like someone spilled a bag of sugar all over her. :canabis:

Tomorrow the ladies will get a nice preharvest treatment - they're gonna lose all their fan leaves and as many water leaves as I can easily remove (pull out) by hand. I am gonna have a nice cache of finger hash when I'm all done. Will take some pics for sure.

G

Greyskull

Aloha!
So here we are at day 58 for my GDP/PK/SDSBBX3 table.:canabis:
They gotta come down tonight!

Last night (day 57) I did my preharvest - I took off all of the fan leaves & secondaries I could get by hand) so tonight will be a piece of cake. I am ust gonna need to cut each branch off, then run them over the Trimbox, and up into the closet they'll go.

Here's GDP before & after

Purple Kush after

SourDiesel X SourBubba BX3 before & after. I wish she was a better yeilder... but she is sooo goddamn solid & stinky!

*I heard my Cannacopia seeds have arrived - I am picking them up before I start my chop. Unofficially I have Chuck D (Sour Diesel x Deep Chunk).. we'll know more soon. stay tuned*

D

DEDHEDFRED

Always showin off........lol......Lookin good over there Bro........Tale care and congrats on the Chuck D comin to yer stable.......Peace...........DHF........ :joint: .........

S

slackerbri

GS,

That shit looks killer, way to go. I hope she smokes as good as she looks.

G

Greyskull

Damn am I tired. Had a homey come over yesterday evening and we made a few modifications to the flower room. We busted out asses.

*centered & installed (2) Sun System Cool Sun 6" reflectors
*installed 6" CanFan for venting lights
*installed wye for exhausting both the lights & the room
*built & installed support for exhaust fan & filter.
*installed insulated 6" ducting
*cleaned & sanitized both tables
*gave the BK/SDxSB/GR ladies their last real haircut
*swept & vacuumed room floors

When we were all done and all the girls were back under the big lights (they were in the veg room while we worked) the upgrades were immediately evident - the temp with both lights was 74 rh 47. I adjusted my old school super unefficient window a/c to "power save mode - low" (from med) and heade din to get to bed.... I started at 9pm and finished at 530am.

Maybe we tested too much of the drying Purple Kush, GDP and SourDieselxSourBubbaBX3... but either way we got it done. I am pretty stoked about the way the room looks now. Seems very "professional", if you will. I'll be upgrading the mylar later... and I still need to add CO2!!!

I love the way the room is looking. I thought adding the "seedless" stickers was an appropriate manuver.

Those plants in the 3g pots are huge. I swear they have their own gravitational pull... the MTF at least!

My little 400w MH is working those next in line & the mom's!

I've received a test pack of Chuck D from Cannacopia seeds and am going to be starting them this week. I'll have a dedicated thread in the Cannacopia forum going for those beans. I am excited to see what happens...
Chuck D
We have used the original Sour Diesel clone in producing this hybrid seed with our highly select Deep Chunk indicas. The mother Sour Diesel was named High Times plant of the year in 2005, and she is truly some of the finest, dankest weed going. Serious smell control is recommended, but well worth the effort. She has a soaring up high with a surreal headspace, which is extremely satisfying. We are pleased to offer you this excellent Sour Diesel hybrid, as we are sure she will set the standard for Sour Diesel seedlines to aspire to. Yield is average (250-350 g/sq m)

Indoor flowering period: 9-10 weeks.

I wanna see how these beans do vs my SDxSBBx3...

Last edited:
G

gdawg

get that co2 brah!! hey where did ya get those hangers i seen a few pages back?

bambam

Looking real good man! Love the pics and hope to see the pkush and gdp dry bud shots. Looking into getting a GDP cut! How did she yeild for ya?

little-soldier

I would not bother using CO2 if I was you greyskull. I heard it was not worth the money, extra heat, extra weight (apparently 20%) and hassel. I don't know if you have shopped around but the burners and controllers are freaking expensive and then you have to completely seal your room including your ducking so no co2 can escape. But thats just my 2 cents :)
Also how are your ladies doing without the boost accelerator? Seen any difference yet or should I say is it worth the money spent?
keep it up bro and play it safe

G

Greyskull

gdawg said:
get that co2 brah!! hey where did ya get those hangers i seen a few pages back?

Aloha gdawg. I got those particular ones in a home goods discount store (similiar to Big Lots... Ikea has the same type of thing, only octopus shaped: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/80124638
)

bambam said:
Looking real good man! Love the pics and hope to see the pkush and gdp dry bud shots. Looking into getting a GDP cut! How did she yeild for ya?

Yo thanks for the kind words BB. I MUST SAY HOW DISAPPOINTED IN THE PURPLE KUSH I AM - only 30 grams. Not worthy of 30g/per in my garden :nono: Goodbye Purple Kush.... I want to chop dow the big old PK in 3g of soil 'cause I don't think she's worth finishing at the moment. :badday:

The GDP put out 50 grams. Thats more like it! :muahaha:

little-soldier said:
Also how are your ladies doing without the boost accelerator? Seen any difference yet or should I say is it worth the money spent?

Greetings LS! I really don't know if I need to run CO2... I am doing pretty good as is ...and sealing the room would be a pain in the ass. Even if I went with tanks... that would keep the temp lows. We'll see...

You know what - I am still adding the Boost. I just cannot seem to bring myself to not use it. The way it works with the way I run things I am totaly comfortable with its costs. I will tell you this: I am taking care of a friends grow op while he's on vacation. He's using Canna Coco A/B, Cannazym, PK13/14, H&G Roots Excel + some AN junk... his plants are week 5 and they are nowhere near my week 4 plants. In fact, my week 3 plants look better and more developed than his 5's... and we have the same girls running. CANNA BOOST WORKS IT IS MAGIC JUICE ANDS COSTS ACCORDINGLY BUT IT WORKS FOR ME! Pics later tonight/early tomorrow morning.

I am thinking of upping my runs to 20 per table with tomato cages rather than staked... gotta see how a table of 16 under the new Cool Suns does first.

ANyhow, I gotta go check on my friends kids.....

But before I hit "submit reply" I also have to say....

MY SOUR DIESELxSOUR BUBBA BX3 IS FUCKING AWESOME! I love this plant
:rasta:

Last edited:

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
Greyskull said:
You know what - I am still adding the Boost. I just cannot seem to bring myself to not use it. The way it works with the way I run things I am totaly comfortable with its costs. I will tell you this: I am taking care of a friends grow op while he's on vacation. He's using Canna Coco A/B, Cannazym, PK13/14, H&G Roots Excel + some AN junk... his plants are week 5 and they are nowhere near my week 4 plants. In fact, my week 3 plants look better and more developed than his 5's... and we have the same girls running. CANNA BOOST WORKS IT IS MAGIC JUICE ANDS COSTS ACCORDINGLY BUT IT WORKS FOR ME! Pics later tonight/early tomorrow morning.

Wow that's pretty impressive. His environment is pretty similar to yours? I haven't really been interested in adding anything to my feeding plan, but with a statement like that... seems like this BOOST is doing something right. I wonder if it would work without using the whole lineup.

G

Greyskull

FUCK! I forgot my key. Guess I'l have to take a big bong rip and check out some IC MAG for a minute before I head back...

Thanks for the kind words krushonkush. I will have those beans started sometime this week. Been busy....

donpuro said:
man.. MTF is my dream strain... if u dont mind me asking where did you acquire it? SB?

Thats a very good question. For some time I was not sure if I should post this or not... but I'll just leave the amount I paid to your imaginations. Buts its the whole whopping story, and it weaves a little, but it is the truth.

A little background to set the table. I used to own & operate a medicinal cannabis collective & delivery service in so cal until just recently. I can tell who is legit and how is harry hobby.

In late Sept a patient that had recently moved from north washington to my area of so cal joined, and after visiting him a few times he approached me with a question I'd heard many times before - "do you take donations?" He explained that he was a grower when he lived in washington, and that he could supply me with some "starts". My first thought was here we go again... you have to understand my phone was ringing 5 times a day with some stupid kid saying "I have clones of OG KUSH for $20 each". I know the growers I chose to work with had paid $5k for pre 98 bubba kush, $5k for bannana kush, and was offered a 4x8 table of ready to bloom og kush for $20k...

Anyhow, I asked him starts of what, and he said that he could get me white widow, northern lights - at which point I interupted and said dude I can get some beans form nirvana and be merry. He then continued and said he could also get Matanuska Thunderfuck brought down.
I knew right away he was either full of shit, or the man - and I could be like Link in the Legend of Zelda and be about to get the Magic Sword. When he said $xk for the plant, I figured he was legit. He was from the right area/region, and seemed to be quite knowledgeable as a grower, and not many people going around claiming to have cuts of MTF available. As we were discussing the specifics of the deal he had me open box after box after box of pictures of him and his grows up in WA with the plant. From what he tells me, its the only plant that got him high with all the meds he had to take daily (dude was very very very messed up). It was then I asked him "is this really MTF? Where did you get this plant that is not supposed to exist".

As Yukon stated in a thread a long time ago, if is real, there will be a story, and here is his:

25years ago he was in a bar with some friends when a lady was running her mouth about having the best marijuana in the state. Well my source and his buddies "were in the business" and wanted to see what all the talk was about. She took them back to her house to meet her old man. My friend and his associates loved the smoke, and asked the guy "how much for the plant?" The price for the plant was ridiculous - they had to agree to buy 5lbs at a price of $300 per 1 oz (and this was the 80's!), and when the bill was paid the plant was theirs. All but 2 of the people who heard the proposal left the room cursing, but my source and another guy agreed to the deal. When the contract was up they were given a cut of the magic plant. Subsequently a few years later it ends up the guy who provided the cut to my source had lost his entire crop & mothers to spider mites.... shucks. but my source had been growing it up until he moved to so cal in sept. When the cut was given to him by the "old man" it came with a PALMER DOLLAR coin, from the 1977 Rodeo & Scottish Games (the state fair in palmer, AK) for authenticity.

When the plant was delivered the coin was passed onto me. As were the spider mites....

bounty29 said:
Wow that's pretty impressive. His environment is pretty similar to yours?

Its pretty close... he has 4 600's and 2 1000s though. His room does run a little warm (86-88 max lights on) compared to mine (which stays 75-80 lights on), but he helped me do my upgrades last weekend.

I am out the door to go tend his garden now for sure..... C-ya!

G

Greyskull

Another update....
Damn have I been busy.

My table of 11 bk + 5 sdsbbx3 + 5 gr just started week 4. All but the gr's are in 1g/6" pots. They are looking pretty good to me. This is my first time using the smaller pots.

The other table just got loaded with 9 sdsbbx3 + 4gdp + 3 mtf. The average height of each plant is 20". I decided to not use staked this time - they are kind of a pain in the ass to get set up. I bought the 42" tomato cages, cut them down to 33" (12" circumference), and loaded them into the pots. Hopefully I'll get good results with the cages...

My 3g plants are now week 5. They were looking great until my stupid stoned ass went ahead and way way way over watered them. no they are all droopy :badday: I know they just need a few days to perk back up but goddamnit..... :cuss: They were looking really strong - especially my Bubba... never seen her this frosty this early. Goddamnit... :bashhead:

................. MTF..................................... SDxSBBX3 .............................. BubbaKush ..............

I do have some good news to offset my little heavy handed hiccup...
I started soaking some beans!

I am doing a test grow for Cannacopia (new company)... they sent me Chuck D, which is SourDiesel x DeepChunk. But the SD isn't just any SD - it was named High Times Plant Of The Year 2005. From the looks of things, these beans have a serious pedigree. Lets see... wonder how she compares with my SDxSBBx3. I have been holding onto a very special bagseed I collected a few years ago from the best Sour Diesel I've ever smoked. I figuered "what the hell" since I am doing a seed grow might as well throw in a little extra something... 'cause never know what you are gonna get from seeds. MAYBE I'LL FIND SOMETHING VERY SPECIAL :chin:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts