What's new

Greyskull's Coco Grow

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Greyskull

Day 15.
Dumped and wiped clean the rez & table. Refilled with 40g H2O PPM 385.
Added my nutes at 75% strength from last batch...
Coco A 150ml
Coco B 150ml
Cal/Mag+ 100ml
Multizyme 120ml
Root Accelerator 40ml
Sweet 150ml

Then I gave them a nice flood. With the 40g rez flooding a 3x6 I only get 2.5" of flood... I need to upgrade to a 70g and I will be able to get the full 4". Soon... next run will be better. ((the twaeking has begun))

pufpufgiv made a celebrity appearance, watching me tend my farm. I love the labor part of tending. AT least right now... while I don't have all my tables going... but that's what its all about.

G

Greyskull

Been a few days since I have updated. and thought I would share the bad news....
SPIDER MITES. EEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I first saw them on my purple ice plants. Not to worry though. Greyskull has sought council from a norcal jedi and was given the "tri-fecta" solution... Total Release Pyrethrum bombs, Safer Soap, and Neem. Because mites can develope immunity to treatments 3 methods are needed to make sure they die when you act upon them.

Part A is use 1 TRP every 3 days to rid the current mites, their eggs/hatchlings, and finally any surviviors. The TRPs are a little over $20 per, but they are all organic & totally safe for fruits & vegetables at all stages. If I am unlucky enough to find mites again in the garden, I need to move to...

Part B, Safer Soap. Its OMRI listed and pretty easy to use. Spray on the plants twice a week with the lights off to kill the bastards. There is also a weekly regiment that wil help discourage mite infestations...

Part C is a spray treatment of Neem Oil/lemon dishsoap/h2o.

I did bomb #1 on 2/14. Bomb #2 is in action as this is typed... should be done in 45 minutes. When its done I need to go in & turn on the fans (I let them run 30 mins) before I run the lights. I'll be happy to post some fresh pics of my dozen MTFs in there new home.

G

Greyskull

Bloom Time!!! Week 1 begins...

My plan for bloom is pretty basic - DON'T CUT THE GIRLS DOWN EARLY!
The flooding plan is to start with every 6 hours and adjust from there. I am probably going to be adding 5g h20 per day... changing the res every week.

Here's the nutes mixed last night.
Coco A 175ml
Coco B 175ml
Cal/Mag+ 175ml
Sweet 80ml
Multizyme 80ml
Root Accelerator 40ml
(total ppm 1130... difference of 745)

I picked up a General Hydroponic Dual Diaphragm Air Pump and 2 med GH airstones. DAMN ITS LIKE MY NUTES ARE BOILING!!! :D

I am hoping to pick up some canna boost to add to the nute mix... the shop I went to to replace a blown ballast (oh yeah, I frickin blew a 1000w ballast while testing my hps lights! BITCH) didn't carry Canna...

G

gdawg

hey grey good luck with those lil bastards. its been awhile since the fockers beeen in my garden but i keep an eye out for em always. i been workin on installin the air coolin for 2 more 600's and a shitty hood i swapped. also switched from a 4" to a 6" fan. i used my 6" exhaust line from my filter to run out the hood air so i am now runnin a sealed system. i'll be dialing it in for the next few nights and take some fresh pics.

G

Greyskull

gdawg - Nice move going up to the 6" fan... how's the sealed system working for you?

I am pretty stoked my 4"ho canfan is able to cool my 2 1000s really well. One flange is still open on (acting as the ventpoint) the far reflector. I am going to have to seal that up pretty soon to keep the smell of my girls from going out with the hot air,

So heres what it looks like with the lights on, TRAY A full.

You can see the 4" high output CanFan and ducting; it vents out the roof.

I over "supercropped" this one... check out how the stem is split. This baby is still pumping... one of the bigger plants thus far.

When I hooked up boths lights to test the 240v power this ballast immediately "popped" and started smoking. Lucky for me a local shop was open for 15 more minutes at the time it happened and was able to get me a new one. Crisis avoided.

G

guest5703

When I hooked up boths lights to test the 240v power this ballast immediately "popped" and started smoking. Lucky for me a local shop was open for 15 more minutes at the time it happened and was able to get me a new one. Crisis avoided.

Oh shit that sounds gnar dude!!! Thank goodness no fire or anything happened, things are looking good I hope to see you get a better picture when you get those fat buds! PEACE

mtf-shaman

so i spied this thread and thought i might stop by.........sorry to hear of your problems, seems they happen in three's........still looks great........

on the mtf, flowering times for us were about 56-60 days under a 1000w in the closet grow, she pulls a hefty punch and packs a nice cola!!

G

gdawg

:wave: dang grey glad nothing burnt up with the ballast. gottta say i love my galaxy digitals bro. just got last months power bill, 110 bucks real depressing cuz i had most of my lights off last month. usually runs around 160month durin the winter time but just added a couple more ballasts so i am thinkin more like 200 next month. hmmmm wonder how much 1200 more watts would run me..... heck with that i can't hardly keep the stank down now! has your curl issue gone away? when ya startin that co2? your room is tight brah happy farmin!

G

Greyskull

Yeah the curl is pretty much gone. The 5ml/g Cal/Mag seems to have done the trick I think.

I still need to buy the CO2 generator. I don't know if it will happen this round or not. I REALLY want it to, I just need to find a way to make it happen... it'd be the icing on the cake.

I pruned off some of the lower growth to open them up a little bit. Nothing to major... just wanting to promote good air circulation at the bases.

I think the color of my plants screams "I like Canna", but I can't say for sure until we're all done blooming.

I have finally hung up my ballasts (they were perched on the floor) and have all my cords and cables running out of the way. Its nice to be able to move around, especially when real estate is at a premium in the room.

G

Greyskull

JUST TOTALLY SCORED!
I just picked up a pair killer clones - BX3xSour Diesel !
I am going to put these bitches in some coco tonight and getting them ready!
Will post some pics later on...

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
Great thread....I take my MTF (love her sooo much) to around 56...last run I took her to 53 days....I'm a few weeks from flowering a MTF....so I'll be glued into my seat here
You're doing a fine job :wave:

:lurk:

G

Greyskull

Aloha mtf-shaman, RealSupreme, & -VT-. Glad to have you along for the ride.
Hopefully we don't get a lesson in how to screw up your grow!

So here we are at week 2 of bloom. The plants are streching still (they've grown 4" since flipping the lights) and still look pretty much like vegetating plants. Next week we should start seeing some flowers.

Until then, heres some pics I took when I was checking on my girls...

I ended up hanging my ballasts on the ceiling.

I bought a 6" fan today... to place on top of my CanFan 33 filter and continously scrubb the air in the bloom room clean. I am still undecided on where I am going to place it permanantly...

Here's the top view of MTF 1/12.

And here's wat the room looks like when I first open it up.

I really like the Canna/H&G/Botanicare program I am using. I think the results are pretty sick thus far. Hey, all you Canna users! I found this link and its the poop: http://www.canna.nl/english/index1.html

Mahalo to all for checking in!

rootfingers

Greyskull said:
JUST TOTALLY SCORED!
I just picked up a pair killer clones - BX3xSour Diesel !
I am going to put these bitches in some coco tonight and getting them ready!
Will post some pics later on...

Are we talking SBBx3? If so, that sounds like a tasty fuckin strain. I shudder when I think of the bubble a cross like that would produce.

G

Greyskull

rootfingers said:
Are we talking SBBx3? If so, that sounds like a tasty fuckin strain. I shudder when I think of the bubble a cross like that would produce.

You are correct rootfingers - Bog's Sour Bubble Bx3 crossed with Sour Diesel. Supposedly not the highest yeilder, according to my homey. We'll see... we're growing those bitches for the head.

G

guest5703

Hell yea the head is all it's about!!!! I'll pack you up a bong rip of my kush for a bong rip of your sour cross! Nice first opening shots they look lovely bro, keep it green man!

G

Greyskull

Here are some fun little shots for all ya'll peepin your heads in.

CLOCKWISE FROM UPPER LEFT: empty (soon to be new mama MTF), Nirvanas Papaya, and the pair of sbbx3xsd. The focking warped little retard in the middle is a seedling I got from one of my cousins: Amnesia HazexWoody Harrelson Kush. I am hoping it pulls out of its mutant crack head phase soon.

Here are some clones I took chilling in the ez-clone. Cut 2/22. 42 Grape Romulan, 18 MTFs. This is the first time I have filled up evey slot on the ez clone. Things look good so far if you ask me. The solution in the tank is simply 10g filtered tap water (ppm 385) ph 6.0.

And a reservior just boiling with fresh O2! Air stones are the only way to go, especially with recirculating systems.

Last edited:

rabid

Woody Harrelson Kush!!!

Woody Harrelson Kush!!!

Woody Harrelson Kush!!!
That is great...please let us know how it turns out. I'm a big fan of that guy!!! Does he know he has a strain named after him???
I'm still laughing...

Status
Not open for further replies.