What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GreenSanta's Pollen Chucking Lab

G

Gr33nSanta

You must have a crystal ball my friend because I am about to try some sativa and sativa hybrids, hybrids to start.

I am going to wait a bit on the pure sativas, but I am not shy to top heavily even well into flowering.

Before I start pure sativas I want to make sure I have pest under control.

I can not wait for the rainbow of new flavors in the coming months.

About to flip a room to 12/12, I have a few more days to decide whether to clone some of my old favorites or not, still leaning towards going back to full on from seeds, no moms.

After-all, this IS a pollen chucking thread... keeping moms is for serious breeders, not chuckers like me!

G

Gr33nSanta

At day 14 to 17 of flower, whenever feels right, i strip the plants sometimes leaving the lower fan leaves to harvest light if they are healthy and I also chop all the leaders that look like will get too tall, effectively reducing the overall height of the canopy. It appears counterintuitive to top colas at week 2-3 of flowers but I have had great luck doing it. Pretty simple right?

Also more veg time is required for this technique to work, you need many flower sites for it to pay off.

G

Gr33nSanta

Also, I often defoliate a day or so before flip.

Jackies, around day 50 or so, they still have a ways to go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91rxeShGvBQ&feature=youtu.be

attachment.php

SpaceBomb X Respect
attachment.php

Here is the new setup, trying to grow great cannabis without going over board with the lighting. So this room could use more wattage but let's see what it can do with proper canopy management.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC8s5zTJKvk&feature=youtu.be

So this room has 600 watts above, almost 600 watts side lighting. I am shooting for a 4' x 10' plant canopy.

This soil mix was a bit hilly billy, not my usual fresh wormcasting / perlite combo. Well it's mostly soil from the SIP I took apart and re-amended with a pinch of 4-4-4.

I defoliated them yesterday, I know I could wait longer before flip but you know me... tomorrow will be day 1.

So about to flip and I am still planning on not taking clones and let go of all moms, I already have a Les Fleurs Bleues mom put aside so I do not need to run the cloner for a while.

I am just babbling, dabbing and babbling. Later.

G

Gr33nSanta

Day 0 for the baby room, I set the timer and they will go to sleep for the first time tonight. They have been vegging very slowly, they all look happy but I think something was off with the mix, I hope they take off now.

A mix of random plants here, mostly clones from plants I am about to harvest for the first time so I am not sure if the line up is good. Last I checked in Jackie's room I was disappointed with the one that said Spacebomb X ?, with 10 days to go... and I have 2 of them in the baby room. Anyway, see what happens.

attachment.php

attachment.php

G

Gr33nSanta

Looking at this big fat bud with white hair, I realize that I have to wait quite a bit longer until harvest. Some flowers are so fat they might get botrytis... Lots of room for improvements but considering how many different cultivars are packed in there, it looks very good.

I applied a little more persimillis, one last time, because I have to resist the urge to harvest too early, I d love to give them 2 more weeks but realistically it will come down some time next week.

Luckily, they are starting to fade, definitely a good amount of good size flowers in this garden.

Day 58, a couple timer fuck ups is pushing the harvest by at least a week. Les Fleurs Bleues is typically fine to harvest at day 58 and it looks about a week behind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyzk2IsIXm4

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What's the one in the second picture?

Looks like she ain't a fan of summer :D

G

Gr33nSanta

What's the one in the second picture?

Looks like she ain't a fan of summer :D

oh man that weed is so good, so low yielding, I hope I get to make seeds with her clone since I do not plan on keeping moms for a while.

It's not the summer she does not like it's 2 timer fuckups. I do not even know how the second one happened, like someone offset the timers... must be a ghost in my house. Anyway, I look every day now to make sure the girls only 12 hours of light until the end. I think they were getting 15 hours (2 timers not on the same schedule...) but I do not know for how long or if one of the timer is slower.

I ll have to pay attention. I am looking forward to grow that cut again because it did not do that the first time and it is probably some of the finest smelling weed around! IMO :)

Also, temps in that room are pretty much on point, 80 degrees at lights on and well,... lately probably 85 at lights off! Luckily the nights are somewhat cool....

The timers fuck up for sure affected this crop, Id be harvesting 3-4 days from now on a normal run, a bunch of moms in there that I have ran a long time are about a week behind.

I know it can mean more yield but I need weed ASAP!

Badfishy1

oh man that weed is so good, so low yielding, I hope I get to make seeds with her clone since I do not plan on keeping moms for a while.

It's not the summer she does not like it's 2 timer fuckups. I do not even know how the second one happened, like someone offset the timers... must be a ghost in my house. Anyway, I look every day now to make sure the girls only 12 hours of light until the end. I think they were getting 15 hours (2 timers not on the same schedule...) but I do not know for how long or if one of the timer is slower.

I ll have to pay attention. I am looking forward to grow that cut again because it did not do that the first time and it is probably some of the finest smelling weed around! IMO :)

Also, temps in that room are pretty much on point, 80 degrees at lights on and well,... lately probably 85 at lights off! Luckily the nights are somewhat cool....

The timers fuck up for sure affected this crop, Id be harvesting 3-4 days from now on a normal run, a bunch of moms in there that I have ran a long time are about a week behind.

I know it can mean more yield but I need weed ASAP!

Dankrupt is real fam....

G

Gr33nSanta

Dankrupt is real fam....

I forgot it was even possible! I never fully run out, I do not remember the last time, I always seem to have a stash of this and that in some corner of the house but the problem is that almost all that I have left is an ounce of the Les Fleurs Bleues daugther which has too much CBD in, and a little brick of hash. Down to less than a gram of rosin and no trim to make more! I am DANKRUPT! lol

On the bright side of things, I only have to make that hash and rosin last for 2 or 3 days as I ve started chopping lower buds in Jackie's garden, I actually went back for more this morning to make sure I can last 7-10 days now.

I went in with the head lamp, just missed the lights on, and it looks pretty alright, plants are fading and maturing nicely. In the past, I could have easily pulled the plug on this garden right now but I am going to give it the 4-5 days that it needs, well another 10 days would be epic, but....

G

Gr33nSanta

I think today is only day 11 but I felt it was getting a bit too thick in there, also a lot of energy was spent on too many lower flower sites so I opted to defoliate early and see what happens. I might do another light defoliation around week 4 if some of the upper leaves get big again. I hope I did not stunt them in their final stretch.

This could be a pretty decent round. I only have 2 runts on the front row the rest should do decent, decent amount of flower sites let's hope they fill in.

attachment.php

G

Gr33nSanta

I did it again, could not wait. I am so impatient! It was day 7 and it was getting thick. So I guess this round we have 2 experiment on the go, one room got defoliated heavily on day 11 and this one shown below defoliated on day 7.

I think one of the reason to wait until day 14-17 for defoliation is to prevent stunting them during stretch so I might have fucked up, once again, time will tell. I am excited about what I am seeing so far...

This room has time to bounce back, both room might require additional defoliation.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Green Santa

I wish I did not over react and deleted all the pictures, Id spent a lot of time uploading them and they only existed on here.

The important stuff is still very much in my memory but ...

I did not follow the forum rules and I shared private info with someone that was supposed to send seeds my way to test, said person went MIA and never to be seen again, I got paranoid, some shit was going down locally at the same time and made me feel as though I should delete everything.

Some time went by, life has not changed much, I always thought the journal was an important part of keeping the grow a hobby, which is what it is for me, a hobby. I miss posting here and checking here on the daily, now that I have some time off I might do some catching up, anyone cares to know what is going in my garden?

Green Santa

Ah look at this, I thought Id have to wait to post pics but looks like I can, more to come in the future, some of the latest close ups shot I took here, nothing special, long flowering sativa taking forever!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• S20191024_0024.jpg
    S20191024_0024.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 18
  • S20191024_0026.jpg
    S20191024_0026.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 19
  • S20191024_0033.jpg