What's new

Greenops goes pheno hunting: 30 + beans under 600w, Coco DTW

greenops

Good to know that it works for you.

In my case however, i feel like they def need a water only flush as i fed them heavier during flowering.. I notice that most leaves are rather on the darker side.

My current keepers are:

Cheeseberry Haze #1 - penetrating sour / strawberry milkshake odor, decent yield, mid to long flowering time

Deadhead #1- complex candy / citrus / lemon smell, doesn't stretch much, fast flowering

Chucky's Bride #1 and 2: The C99 lineage of this strain is very obvious in these two phenos. I grew one C99 seed before that has this exact smell of something tropical fruity odor. The Chucky's just have a Cheesey undertone. The buds are big and seem to be ready after 7.5 - 9 weeks of flowering.

Pineapple Diesel #3 - as i said before, very unique. Roadkill diesel funk with some sweet undertones. Buds arent that big bu decent yield. Medium flowering time.

Cheeto Kush #3 - very good yielding. All Cheeto Kushes have a similar, distinctive smell. But this one just has crazy fat buds and smells stronger than the others. Plus the odor is a bit more complex. Hard to describe, kinda earthy, penetrate your senses like coffee, some old cheese and a lil bit of citrus and paint lol. This pheno seems to need 9 weeks of flowering.

Under consideration:

Cheeseberry Haze #2 - The monster yielder of this batch. I forced all of them to grow short, but this one still grew big ass colas.
Problem is its super sativa dominant and long flowering. Prolly needs 10.5 - 13 Weeks.
She smells sweet and fruity, but simpler than the #1.

The mids and lows:

All Vortex! I removed all Vortex clones as they will def not make the 2nd round.

greenops

Day 93 from seed - Day 67 under 12/12 - Day 54 Bloom

Harvest season has arrived.
With my cool ass magnifying glass i got form the icmag cup i found a few amber trics on some of the plants.

I been flushing the Chucky's Bride 2, Vortex 3, Cheeko Kush 4 and Vortex 2.
They will get 8 days of no nutes.

I could harvest more than those 4, but i only got space for 4 in my small drying tent.
I'll chop another plant or two 3 days after the first harvest, then continue until i chop the rest down on bloom day 70.

A few strains can def go past day 70 but i gotta make room for the next run with the clones. Then I will have all the time to flower them out to perfection.
Also i need the flowering tent as a drying tent, so i picked day 70 as the majority of the late finishers will be ripe by then.

The feed is now down to 1.1 ec.

The clones grew to a good size and in two days i'll take cuts from them.
Which in my calculation should root just around bloom day 70.

Attachments

• Day 93, 67, 54 (12).jpg
    Day 93, 67, 54 (12).jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 9
  • Day 93, 67, 54 (2).jpg
    Day 93, 67, 54 (2).jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Day 93, 67, 54 (11).jpg
    Day 93, 67, 54 (11).jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 8
  • Day 93, 67, 54 (9).jpg
    Day 93, 67, 54 (9).jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 7
  • Day 93, 67, 54 (10).jpg
    Day 93, 67, 54 (10).jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 7
  • Day 93, 67, 54 (17).jpg
    Day 93, 67, 54 (17).jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 6
  • Day 93, 67, 54 (6).jpg
    Day 93, 67, 54 (6).jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Day 93, 67, 54 (3).jpg
    Day 93, 67, 54 (3).jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Day 93, 67, 54 (5).jpg
    Day 93, 67, 54 (5).jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Day 93, 67, 54 (13).jpg
    Day 93, 67, 54 (13).jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 8

"HEMPEROR"

Hey greenops just read your grow from the start to here and im impressed lad nice growing! atb for the harvest and i hope i can catch your next one from the start! respect..

btw if you want bigger pics wot i do is open another page then go into your pics! click on it so it goes large and copy the image url then flick back over to your thread and insert it into your update with the image tab! (post card) like this! hope that helps bro......:biggrin:
attachment.php

Buddler

Veteran
Nice work green your canopy looks great nice fade going on with the plants too your going to have some smooth smoke, got your timing and cloning figured out good on you ..B

greenops

Hey greenops just read your grow from the start to here and im impressed lad nice growing! atb for the harvest and i hope i can catch your next one from the start! respect..

btw if you want bigger pics wot i do is open another page then go into your pics! click on it so it goes large and copy the image url then flick back over to your thread and insert it into your update with the image tab! (post card) like this! hope that helps bro......:biggrin:

Thanks hemp. I knew how to do it before, i keep forgetting it lol
I'll prolly continue documenting my next run with the clones in this journal, so u can just stick around :)

Nice work green your canopy looks great nice fade going on with the plants too your going to have some smooth smoke, got your timing and cloning figured out good on you ..B

appreciate it Buddler. I been getting a lot of useful advice from u also from other threads. Yes i'm getting the hang of it. I see these 2 runs as my acid test, before i go find a better spot for a bigger project.

greenops

Day 98 from seed - Day 72 under 12/12 - Day 59 Bloom

Let me drop a quick update.

Harvested the first batch on bloom day 57: Chucky's Bride #2, Cheeto Kush #4, Vortex #2 and #3.
They're now hanging in a small tent that has just enough space for about 4 plants.

Day 98, 72, 59 (16).jpg

Next up i'll chop Chucky's Bride #3 tomorrow or in 2 days.

On Bloom Day 63 i'll harvest the Pineapple Diesel #2 and #3, Cheeto Kush #3 and Chucky's Bride #4.

The Pineapple Diesel #3 with the fruity roadkill funk scent already has a good amount of amber trichomes. Hope she's not already degrading.

The Cheeseberry Hazes still have white pistils everywhere.
Cheeseberry Haze #1:

attachment.php

3 days ago I took cuts from all the 1st gen clones/moms that i had vegging in the Darkroom 100 tent.
I got rid of most moms after i took cuts from them, except for the Chucky's Bride #1 and #2, Cheesebeery Haze #1, Deadhead #1 and Cheeto Kush #3.
I'll keep four of them to be flowered out in the Darkroom100 tent under 250w hps when the new cuts are ready to move in the DR120 tent.

The new cuts are currently receiving ambient light. I got a CFL bulb near them when it gets dark outside.
Now, when should i move the new cuts in the DR100 tent, where the remaining moms are vegging under 250w HPS? I heard that clones don't need much light in the beginning, so when will they be ready for a some HPS?

Attachments

• Day 98, 72, 59 (2).jpg
    Day 98, 72, 59 (2).jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Day 98, 72, 59 (7).jpg
    Day 98, 72, 59 (7).jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 8
  • Day 98, 72, 59 (15).jpg
    Day 98, 72, 59 (15).jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Day 98, 72, 59 (8).jpg
    Day 98, 72, 59 (8).jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 7
  • Day 98, 72, 59 (9).jpg
    Day 98, 72, 59 (9).jpg
    111 KB · Views: 6
  • Day 98, 72, 59 (1).jpg
    Day 98, 72, 59 (1).jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Day 98, 72, 59 (13).jpg
    Day 98, 72, 59 (13).jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 5
  • DSCN0477
    DSCN0477
    79.2 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC00062 resize
    DSC00062 resize
    145.1 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

greenops

Day 98 from seed - Day 72 under 12/12 - Day 59 Bloom

So, the following phenos have been harvested and jarred:

Chucky's Bride 1
Chucky's Bride 2
Vortex 2
Vortex 3
Cheeto Kush 4

attachment.php

The Vortex were very easy to trim. Nice chunky buds... and actually i'm very pleased with how they smell now! I frowned upon them when they were still growing, as every other strain was overpowering them. But as soon as they dried, a fruity, berry, creamy smell is coming through. I'm kicking myself that I didn't keep a cut!

Vortex 3:

attachment.php

The Cheeto Kush 4 has the smallest yield I ever had. It didn't even fill half of the small jar.
But the funk is still there, I can even sense some chocolate along with the fruity pebbles scent. Another reason for the poor yield could be that this plant was in a very dense packed part and didn't receive much light.
Now the Chucky's Bride 2 yielded very nicely. Buuuut, both CHBR 1 and 2, kinda lost there dank smell after drying. It now smells like wood, with a lil bit of brandy. Hope the cure will bring it back. They're still around 68% in the jar...

The reward for long hours of trimming:

attachment.php

Now hanging in the drying cab:

Pineapple Diesel 2
Pineapple Diesel 3
Cheeto Kush 3
Chucky's Bride 4
Deadhead OG 1
Deadhead OG 4

Day 106, 79, 66 (3).jpg

I know I said before that the tent only has space for 4 plants, but i realized that I used to scrog and therefore used to hang bigger plants.

Now i'm running into some problems.
First, my beloved Cheeseberry Haze #1 is throwing nanners. I saw them first appearing about 4 days ago. Since then I been plucking about 5 nanners everyday.
Now I'm wondering what caused her to go hermie. If you remember, the Cheeseberry Haze #4, my early favorite, went hermie early flowering. Could it be the strain? But coincidentally both phenoes are also in the same area of the tent. Could be light leak, although i can't see any leak.
Would it still be worth a try go grow a clone of her out? I mean if she tends to go hermie during her last week, then it isn't so bad right?

My bigger problem is my current batch of rooting clones.
A week after the cut, the first clones started to die. I had about 10 clones already die on me. All the same way. They just fall over. The part of the stem that is in the rockwool just gets soft then bends.
Not sure what's causing it. Temps are around 23C, RH in the dome is 90 - 100%. The dome has an opening which is open. I cleaned everything very well before I started the process.
I did some research on found one post where a someone suggested that it could be the alcohol on the blade, that maybe it didn't evaporate when the cut was made? Could have happened in my case, as I did use alcohol to clean the blade after a few cuts.

attachment.php

Alright so I'm really hoping that my desired clones will push finally root.
The rest of this grow will be chopped this saturday.

Day 106, 79, 66 (6).jpg

Peace out!

Attachments

• Day 106, 79, 66 (4).jpg
    Day 106, 79, 66 (4).jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Day 102, 76, 63 (35).jpg
    Day 102, 76, 63 (35).jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Day 106, 79, 66 (1).jpg
    Day 106, 79, 66 (1).jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 3
  • Day 106, 79, 66 (2).jpg
    Day 106, 79, 66 (2).jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Day 106, 79, 66 (5).jpg
    Day 106, 79, 66 (5).jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Day 102, 76, 63 (31).jpg
    Day 102, 76, 63 (31).jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 6
  • ChBr (2).jpg
    ChBr (2).jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 6
  • ChBr (1).jpg
    ChBr (1).jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Miraculous Meds

Hi GO,

Im under the same impressions as u concerning late hermy tendency. If the quality is what u want and the problem is minimum I think its worth keeping. Of course this is very subjective.

Ur clones would do better at 80% rh and a little more dry with the rockwool cubes. They stayed too wet and stem rotted.

On the vortex: Ive read a lot gotta keep backups of everything till u get a chance to smoke test. Looks like u got plenty of other winners to focus on though.

I like ur description on the deadhead, did u take that one down yet, and taste test?

greenops

Hi GO,

Im under the same impressions as u concerning late hermy tendency. If the quality is what u want and the problem is minimum I think its worth keeping. Of course this is very subjective.

Ur clones would do better at 80% rh and a little more dry with the rockwool cubes. They stayed too wet and stem rotted.

On the vortex: Ive read a lot gotta keep backups of everything till u get a chance to smoke test. Looks like u got plenty of other winners to focus on though.

I like ur description on the deadhead, did u take that one down yet, and taste test?

Well damn, the Cheeseberry Haze 1 has thrown more nanners today than in the previous days combined. I'll take her down on Friday. I would today but I think she hasn't been flushed enough yet.

This makes me rethink if i should use her cuts for the next run.
If it's in the genetics then i could risk messing up the run. But if its environmental i would hopefully prevent it.

I know bro u told me before about the moisture. I dont know how i forgot about it. I'm keeping the clones uncovered for longer periods now.. But shit, a lot of top leaves look very dehydrated and shriveling up. At least their stem is still stable.

Yup I took down both Deadhead OGs yesterday. Will manicure them in about 5 days... but prolly wont try them until at least after a 1 week cure.

Buddler

Veteran
Hi G O i would just chop that haze ive had them throw nanners late in flower but if you chop when they start showing up get some good smoke as sativas are better with clear trichs more cerebreal worth keepin and runnin again dialin in imho , also cloning is easier in coco for me anyways worth trying.Nice bud shots .B

greenops

Hey Buddler. I took her down yesterday.. thanks for the tip about the next run.

Can u tell me how u clone in coco?
What solution do u use to soak the coco, when do u rewater?
Do u use a dome?

Also, should i make the cut under water? That's something i read a lot but i have never done it.

Buddler

Veteran
i use small party cups punch holes in bottom pack coco in make a plug then water plug till soaks thru bottom holes let cuts soak in water for a hr or so dip in rootin powder make hole in coco plug with a chop stick or what have you insert cut then pack coco around stem. I use dome for first week or so..I dont cut under water but as soon as i take cut it goes in a glass of water .

greenops

Alright, so u don't put anything in the water just straight tap? pH'd or un-ph'd?
I may give it a try, plus i got some rapid rooters too which i will try.

Buddler

Veteran
Alright, so u don't put anything in the water just straight tap? pH'd or un-ph'd?
I may give it a try, plus i got some rapid rooters too which i will try.

Straight tap but i have real good water no ph ing keep them in a good warm humid space for a week or so start checkin for roots.:tiphat:B

greenops

It was a good idea to harvest in batches. The trimming didn't feel like a struggle this time.

3 Cheeseberry Haze plants were harvested last on their 71st day in bloom.
I also switched to 400w MH for the last 3 days.

They have all dried nicely and are in the jars curing.
Today i took the time to weigh em and here are the numbers in g:

Vortex 1 = 42.7
Vortex 2 = 26.2
Vortex 3 = 50.8

Deadhead OG 1 = 18.1
Deadhead OG 4 = 17.1

Chucky's Bride 1 = 30.8
Chucky's Bride 2 = 62.0
Chyuck's Bride 4 = 13.0

Cheeto Kush 1 = 8.5
Cheeto Kush 2 = 42.2
Cheeto Kush 3 = 36.4
Cheeto Kush 4 = 7.0

Cheeseberry Haze 1 = 49.3
Cheeseberry Haze 2 = 73.5
Cheeseberry Haze 3 = 26.3
Cheeseberry Haze 6 = 22.6

Pineapple Diesel 2 = 11.4
Pineapple Diesel 3 = 29.7

Total = 567.60 g

man, whats wrong with icmag today? cant upload any pictures. stay tuned, i'll upload pix soon

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts