What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Greenhouse shopping in Grass Valley - Forever Flowering vs Conleys vs Alternatives

MendoCruz

Here is the low down on Emerald Kingdom Greenhouse. I bought one. Took almost two months to get only the frame. Started to put it up and there wasn't enough parts. They don't answer your calls or lie to you when they do. After three month I never got all of my order and they threaten to send the cops to my zone if I call asking for my parts anymore. They fucked my buddy on his also. There was a review on FB about a guy being shorted 200' of purlin but they erased it , as they did my reviews. My greenhouse is only a manual dep now. FUCK EMERALD KINGDOM GRREENHOUSE! Cop calling fuckers!!!!!!

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
Here is the low down on Emerald Kingdom Greenhouse. I bought one. Took almost two months to get only the frame. Started to put it up and there wasn't enough parts. They don't answer your calls or lie to you when they do. After three month I never got all of my order and they threaten to send the cops to my zone if I call asking for my parts anymore. They fucked my buddy on his also. There was a review on FB about a guy being shorted 200' of purlin but they erased it , as they did my reviews. My greenhouse is only a manual dep now. FUCK EMERALD KINGDOM GRREENHOUSE! Cop calling fuckers!!!!!!

yea i have heard nothing but negative reviews about emerald kingdom, and four seasons is catching flack because they were selling those kits last year. even Obs bought an emerald kingdom and ended up selling it this year.

to clarify, the units i am using are NOT emerald kingdom, its a different company. four seasons themselves told me about the numerous problems with EK, namely that they were extremely hard to get ahold of once problems started arising.

anyways, for my current greenhouse, i have zero complaints so far. one of the relays stopped working for one of our light dep motors, and scott was here the next morning to fix and upgrade it, as well as leave us extra relays and parts in case it happened again. additional parts were supplied that would allow the motors to run w/o the control unit in case the connection gets shot.

it had something to do with the freak storms we had a few nights back, lighting and huge wind gusts and rains for 2 nights. one of the motors stopped working. that is why i recommend having the manual dep system around just in case, and knowing how to swap them out quickly.

HL45

Veteran
Wow. I have been emailing emerald kingdom and was planning on ordering from them. Looks like I'll be taking business elsewhere. Thanx for sharing.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
does anyone know where to find something similar to Forever Flowering DarkWall? the quote for purchase and install is running a little steep at $2600 per 80ft GH. i know the FF unit itself can be purchased for around 1k so I'm leaning towards that and attempting install myself. however my friend thinks that we can build them for $200 if we really took the time to figure out how its constructed. it seems pretty simple, a fan/shutter stuck behind fabricated metal curves and then powder coated black. we have a good friend who does sheet metal fab and could easily cut us the curved segments that block out light.

one of the motor timers took a shit the other day, only used for a dozen times and it crapped out, not a terrible deal because you just have to switch the electrical plugs to the one that works but takes the "automation" out of it when you gotta press On/Off manually. also a few other minor problems and tweaks that need to be made. one of the tarp rollers got caught up and ripped one of the ratchets off, not a big deal but just minor shit, and now the lightdep cover tarp is kind of uneven and folded in one spot. so far scott has been easy to reach and willing to help and fix everything for free. if you order i would request extras of everything, extra timers, relays, even motors.

FatherEarth

Veteran
does anyone know where to find something similar to Forever Flowering DarkWall? the quote for purchase and install is running a little steep at $2600 per 80ft GH. i know the FF unit itself can be purchased for around 1k so I'm leaning towards that and attempting install myself. however my friend thinks that we can build them for $200 if we really took the time to figure out how its constructed. it seems pretty simple, a fan/shutter stuck behind fabricated metal curves and then powder coated black. we have a good friend who does sheet metal fab and could easily cut us the curved segments that block out light.

one of the motor timers took a shit the other day, only used for a dozen times and it crapped out, not a terrible deal because you just have to switch the electrical plugs to the one that works but takes the "automation" out of it when you gotta press On/Off manually. also a few other minor problems and tweaks that need to be made. one of the tarp rollers got caught up and ripped one of the ratchets off, not a big deal but just minor shit, and now the lightdep cover tarp is kind of uneven and folded in one spot. so far scott has been easy to reach and willing to help and fix everything for free. if you order i would request extras of everything, extra timers, relays, even motors.

Poultry house light trap is where forever flowering got their breathe able walls and fans idea. Way cheaper than buying their stuff. Just be sure the poultry house one is total black out. Some offered for poultry have varying degrees of darkness....

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
nice man thanks for that link! yea we figured it was super simple, it even looks like they can be modified to include an evap system into the fins. didn't know they were plastic either….they are charging super expensive for them so we figured we might be able to fabricate ourselves.

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
That's FFG's business plan.

Charge hella expensive for all kinds of regular shit that is used in multiple industries...

Even if its true, I've had one of the higher ups at FFG tell me "Doesn't matter who any one buys a light trap from we still get a royalty check for each one sold!" Kind of reflects on their whole vibe...

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
Even with the fins being plastic the traps are heavy as fuck and do work excellent.

If you can buy them from ACME I would suggest just using them. Like you said you can also fit a wet wall to them.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
yea I've been watching videos on youtube on how to make a wet wall/big evap cooler and it looks super simple. also wondering if i should build a misting system into the ceilings to also help cooling i was told by a friend with a 100ft that a misting system is the easiest way to cool a long greenhouse.

Charge hella expensive for all kinds of regular shit that is used in multiple industries...

Even if its true, I've had one of the higher ups at FFG tell me "Doesn't matter who any one buys a light trap from we still get a royalty check for each one sold!" Kind of reflects on their whole vibe...

yea that seems to be the vibe i got from alot of the companies including conleys. they were charging 6k for a "light bar" which is just a long piece of conduit built into some metal pole with outlets lol. absolutely ridiculous, but unfortunately alot of growers are dumb and have too much money to blow so they will just blindly blow 70k on a GH with all the overpriced stuff, and then not know how the equipment is built out, etc.

HL45

Veteran
Wow is that the link for the breathable wall? I tried to find out where to get it even Google street viewed the place that they ship the breathable wall from out east to see if I could find the company. I ended trying to build some from corrugated roofing and flexible drain pipe. I ended up just buying some from ff

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
Wow is that the link for the breathable wall? I tried to find out where to get it even Google street viewed the place that they ship the breathable wall from out east to see if I could find the company. I ended trying to build some from corrugated roofing and flexible drain pipe. I ended up just buying some from ff

Yes it is.

I thought the assembly detail would be cool for any one interested in trying to build their own off their design.

They also have shutter fans and some other stuff.

Finally getting some use out of my shit box. I'm going to rip the auto dep system out of it this fall and switch it to one from Wadsworth

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
Between Wadsworth and Systems USA..I like wadsworth so far.but need to get out to colorado and really spend some time with both

maxmurder

Veteran

those guys are kooks- i wanted some last year and it took weeks to get them and almost as much in shipping from back east as the walls themselves.:wallbash:

furrywall11

Since we're doing reviews..

Gro-tech out of Penn Valley pretty much ripped me off for $1300. They also don't stand by their product. I would never do business with this company again.

They gave me the wrong size blackout tarp -- it wasn't wide enough--couldn't even reach the ground on the sides. I alerted them to the problem and explained I wanted them to come pick the tarps up. After all, I had wasted two days of my time hooking them up to the system as well as paid to have the tarps, which weighed 200lbs each, transported out to me. After at least an hour on the phone I was told they weren't sure they could be held responsible and they would call me back in a few days. Well, it's been a couple weeks, haven't heard anything and, I don't have time to waste on it anymore, hence the review.

Also, got a ton of bad vibes thrown at me when I tried to get them to expand on the design that they had readily sold me on when I was buying the system but now, once the package is paid for, screw you we don't answer questions about design. And it's not like I was trying to talk their ear off on the phone just a couple questions about CFM. Total 180.

redlaser

Veteran
Furry, I saw a greenhouse you were setting up in another thread that had both the intake and exhaust ran underground, how is that working for you? What size fans were those, they seemed like 10 or 12 inch vortex's.