What's new

Greenhouse coming to Colorado?

cobcoop

Puttin flame to fire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I say let them Dutch growers come, as long as they keep growing that stale Dutch weed I'm not worried! And Arjan grows good smoke? Arjan and the Greenhouse haven't done anything notable since Shanti left 8 years ago. How is FEMINIZING anything you can get your hands on "Growing Good Smoke?" As for the Bulldog, well, it's a huge chain, but that doesn't mean they know how to grow.

I predict that the best weed will stil be sold at smaller locally owned Dispensaries where they have some house strains or really hard to find strains and they are run by people who care. Places like the Bulldog, or the Greenhouse, or Barneys cater to tourists mostly, so I'm not sure how they will adapt to Patients, but it's not the same thing, here your clients have to have a Dr. Rec, not a plane ticket.

Some people want the sizzle, some want the steak. And I agree though, quality will always come from the little guy who cares for his/her plants.

j-fly

Yeah

Yeah

I say let them Dutch growers come, as long as they keep growing that stale Dutch weed I'm not worried! And Arjan grows good smoke? Arjan and the Greenhouse haven't done anything notable since Shanti left 8 years ago. How is FEMINIZING anything you can get your hands on "Growing Good Smoke?" As for the Bulldog, well, it's a huge chain, but that doesn't mean they know how to grow.

I predict that the best weed will stil be sold at smaller locally owned Dispensaries where they have some house strains or really hard to find strains and they are run by people who care. Places like the Bulldog, or the Greenhouse, or Barneys cater to tourists mostly, so I'm not sure how they will adapt to Patients, but it's not the same thing, here your clients have to have a Dr. Rec, not a plane ticket.

I smoked some ssh that arjan grew in 1999 and it was fire. Your just hating on greenhouse cuz it's trendy. If you don't like feminized seeds, don't by them. Obviously a lot of people do like them. Hopefully soma will come over and teach people how to cure.

Moonshine*

Rare Dankness
Veteran
Ive gotten 3 dozen phone calls over the last 2 weeks from everyone including small growers with commercial spaces, big growers with huge spaces, Lawyers wanting to invest, investors looking to invest and even 2 calls from overseas investors (One in the Netherlands and one in Dubai).

Its CRAZY. Numbers being thrown around are in the 40-60K range for 10-20% of the biz upto 400K-500k for the whole thing. I opened my spot with my own 8K and have reinvested another 12K into it. I havent planned on having any investors but its looking like if you want to play with the big boys you better have deep pockets. Which I dont.

Greenmopho

Greenhouse would be better than bulldog. Bulldog sucks. Arjan grows good smoke.

The Bulldog stopped selling bud in Amsterdam all together years ago when they changed the laws in the Netherlands. They stuck to just being a touristy bar/lounge hang out serving alcohol and just allowing you to smoke joints, but not buy it there. I doubt they know shit about growing, they have been out of the loop for a while. If its called the "Bulldog", I'd be weary of Richard Lee and his cronies being involved, he loves the bulldog concept.

Fuck Greenhouse and Fuck Arjan, never liked there stuff when I'm in Holland. The Netherlands, in my experience (which is plenty actually), is much like Colorado in the sense that you really have to go off the beaten path to find the little local shops with the REAL good bud. Most of the big shops are just catering to, in their case tourists, in our case uneducated patients, either way, its making money off of people that will buy any kinda crap for bud as long as its legal!

Some people want the sizzle, some want the steak. And I agree though, quality will always come from the little guy who cares for his/her plants.

Ed Zachary

Ive gotten 3 dozen phone calls over the last 2 weeks from everyone including small growers with commercial spaces, big growers with huge spaces, Lawyers wanting to invest, investors looking to invest and even 2 calls from overseas investors (One in the Netherlands and one in Dubai).

Its CRAZY. Numbers being thrown around are in the 40-60K range for 10-20% of the biz upto 400K-500k for the whole thing. I opened my spot with my own 8K and have reinvested another 12K into it. I havent planned on having any investors but its looking like if you want to play with the big boys you better have deep pockets. Which I dont.

Wow, good for you i guess. But yea, tell me about it, I've been dealing with a few people that call me and want to just throw a ton of money at this industry, and its always weird explaining to them and turning them down.

Moonshine*

Rare Dankness
Veteran
Wow, good for you i guess. But yea, tell me about it, I've been dealing with a few people that call me and want to just throw a ton of money at this industry, and its always weird explaining to them and turning them down.

The only thing that I see as good is something I built on 20K and my own back is worth more in a single year than I expected.

I dont want to have any partners or some schmuck telling me what they want to see happen to their money.

My big gripe from the get go has been these newbies who just hopped in on a scene with their 100K grows pumping out crap with their trust fund cash. Insted of investing that equipment and cash into a professional grower to blow shit up proper and the investors just be silent partners.

The only deal Ive had that was to my liking was a brand new fully zoned commercial industrial building you could park 2 semi's inside of. Fully zoned and up to code electrical etc. That I can have for 10% of whatever I produce each harvest of just buds. 10% Doesnt include trim leaf. This has been the only call Ive taken seriously.

THe point I was making was it has been a few interesting weeks since this 1284 happened.

MSM

sounds like great opportunities are everywhere in CO if you own a dispensary
good luck - i hope you find the right investor because then both of you guys will benefit
and i hope you flush out those profiteer growers
i hate seeing low quality medicine distributed all throughout california

cobcoop

Puttin flame to fire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We should pitch in and take a full page ad in the denverpost thanking Mr. Romer for putting Colorado residents out of business in lieu of out of state and international investment.

.♠.

Lets have some one write out an intelligent and well thought out piece.

I am more than willing to donate to the ad. I'm not on the front range with a lot of you but I will find a way to get my part of the cost to whoever is actually pulling the ad.

reading back i would like to revise my statement

the greenhouse produces great products and in no way am i comparing them to rockbrook I was just using it as an example of what is to come in CO and other states
i was just showing that we don't have to be scared of big companies because at the end of the day quality products always have a place in the market
i welcome some friendly competition
I would love to know what the greenhouses plans are
Do you guys think they are going to build one huge facility in CO or a bunch of small shops?
will they distribute in the current dispensaries they take stake in or set up their own branded shops?

Now that dispn's can be banned nobody but cg's are safe. They are going to be voting in Nov. to ban disp. up here, public vote.

Greenmopho

Greenhouse coming to Colorado?

Some people want the sizzle, some want the steak. I'm not pushing Kobe beef, but my Carne Asada is delicious!

C'mon can't we just agree that anyone WHO HAS TO BUY THE CANNABIS CUP IS A FUCKING DOUCHEBAG! Can't we all agree on that!!!!!??? ROFL!

Plus, I really don't think the SSH they sell is the same as it was before Shanti left, and I KNOW the Trainwreck they sell isn't Trainwreck, so how can you guys stick up for the Greenhouse? Phony seeds and unethical behaivor, but people still buy what they sell. I do hear great things about their Lemon Haze and a some other strains, but for me the SSH was the best strain I had ever smoked, and I just did a run last summer with it and wasn't the same, at all. Hadn't grown it since 2001, wish I'd never lost THAT mother!

funkfingers

Long haired country boy
Veteran
The old pre 2000 ssh from greenhouse is far superior to anything they come out with now..
I will say I thoroughly enjoyed a sample of SLH recently, but I'm sure the grower had a lot to do with it. With these new infused product manufacturer licensing, I really hope that a local individual realizes that it's a great opportunity to breed as well. Plus I would imagine you would be able to sell the resulting seeds as a "food" product.. Not to mention all the hash that could be made "edible".

Cant see how everyone hates'em. I have a Lemon Skunk that is my flagship strain. Everyone requests it time and time again, hard to keep up with it...hahaha! No really if people are buying and growing with excellent results who the fuck cares about the breeders personality.When I talked to Jorge he clued me in to how they make it happen, but it is still "Run What'cha Brung" type event. They just buy seats, not votes that would be impossible. All strain are numbered and all the judges take a first glance to make the list of ones to actually smoke. So if GH is making it that far they must be doing something right. Not to mention a hate thread against GH makes them stronger, makes people wonder why they are hated. I am confident enough with my own skills that GH could not take my money away.

P

Paco

Not to mention a hate thread against GH makes them stronger, makes people wonder why they are hated. I am confident enough with my own skills that GH could not take my money away.

Well said. Although, I have many reservations about GH and their products, what is more worrisome, if a progression of our industry into a Monsanto, Bayer Ag model is accepted by the community at large, we the growers will suffer. That said, i choose not to buy their products.

cobcoop

Puttin flame to fire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just to clarify this wasn't a GH hate thread. I was just trying to point out the big $$ interests buying up our scene (dispensaries) and putting local guys out of work because of the cluster fuck aka HB 1284. GH was just my best guess based on the article I posted. :ying: