What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Greenest’s Garden.

Porky82

Yeah I’ve had mates seeds do that as well, found them too late!
Now I just hack off anything in the bottom third of the plants so I’ve got a better chance at spotting them if they appear.

You got a plan b for the year?
Yeah I got 2 tents. 1 veg 1 flower.
I'll just let the seedy lot finish in about 4 to 6 weeks and see how badly seeded it is and decided what to do with it then.
If it's bad I'll do either a dry ice hash or bubble has with it.
I'm only seeing a few buds starting to develop seeds so hopefully it won't be too bad.

GreenestBasterd

Yeah I got 2 tents. 1 veg 1 flower.
I'll just let the seedy lot finish in about 4 to 6 weeks and see how badly seeded it is and decided what to do with it then.
If it's bad I'll do either a dry ice hash or bubble has with it.
I'm only seeing a few buds starting to develop seeds so hopefully it won't be too bad.
Fingers crossed for ya mate!!!
But at the same time, there’s nothing like a big hash run to make you smile…

Porky82

Fingers crossed for ya mate!!!
But at the same time, there’s nothing like a big hash run to make you smile…
Yeah got 9 decent sized plants so if it all goes to hash I should end up with a decent amount! 🤣
Next lot should be safe I've got Seedsman, Canuk and some good stuff of an Aussie bloke that I've run before and had no dramas with.

GreenestBasterd

Coming down Thursday which will be just over 9 weeks.

Spotted a few signs of mites as expected, it’s been wet and hot here recently and the product I use has a 6 week withholding period so makes sense.

This is the first cycle I’ve made a note of the date of flip and counted the weeks for years.

All stinking up the place so not fussed about cropping at 9 weeks at all.
IMG_6803.jpeg
IMG_6808.jpeg
IMG_6800.jpeg
IMG_6766.jpeg

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
Looks like you’re gonna get a nice return on your garden… it’s not like everybody hasn’t smoke mites at one time or another, right…

GreenestBasterd

I’m sure we’ve all smoked worse haha!

Just on a few fan leaves for now, I’d just rather take them before they take a hold.

I had terrible mite problem on an outdoor plant a few years ago, I hung it upside down and all the mites migrated to the bottom of the stem, pretty mad. Needless to say that went into the hash pile.
Looks like you’re gonna get a nice return on your garden… it’s not like everybody hasn’t smoke mites at one time or another, right…

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
Have you ever thought about washing your plants after you do a trim? I found using a very weak hydrogen peroxide solution and washing my flowers, and then air drying them with a fan amazes me at what is in the bucket after I wash my plants… I had a PM problem and I did that to make sure the flowers were clean and I’ve been doing it ever since

GreenestBasterd

Have you ever thought about washing your plants after you do a trim? I found using a very weak hydrogen peroxide solution and washing my flowers, and then air drying them with a fan amazes me at what is in the bucket after I wash my plants… I had a PM problem and I did that to make sure the flowers were clean and I’ve been doing it ever since
I’ve heard of plenty that do, but never tried it myself.
Even indoors I imagine there’d be a fair amount of dust and what not.
How much hydrogen peroxide would you add to a 20lt bucket of water?
Cheers

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
it depends on the grade of H2o2 you use to make the solution but you're shooting for no more that 1 cup per gallon of the store bought 3%...for your needs I'd go a bit lighter...you don't want to burn the flower, just kill pathogens and wash away the yuck...look at the carbon scrubber filter sock, that's how dirty flowers can be...

GreenestBasterd

it depends on the grade of H2o2 you use to make the solution but you're shooting for no more that 1 cup per gallon of the store bought 3%...for your needs I'd go a bit lighter...you don't want to burn the flower, just kill pathogens and wash away the yuck...look at the carbon scrubber filter sock, that's how dirty flowers can be...
Thanks mate!
I’ll grab some a give it a try. Cleaner the smoke the better.

I’m in a dusty old shed that doubles as a workshop/saw shop so you can imagine how quickly the filter socks get dirty.

GreenestBasterd

Held out to harvest until this evening, had a hot week ended with a huge storm!
It knocked out most of the powerlines in the area, thankfully the street I’m on has underground power supply.
The last storm in 2021 sent a tree through the house, smashed the mrs car and and dented mine, we got off lightly this time with a smashed fence thankfully.

Latest posts

Latest posts