Greyskull

heres my little donor bitch....
once i have one in soil its a 'mom'
until, donor bitch

picture.php

picture.php

bterzz

Veteran
Hey GS, I must have missed your post..good looking mom.

I am pretty sure I ruined all 15 green cracks lmao with my pruning technique. This round I trimmed all the lower branches a lot earlier then in the past (even though this is my 2nd attempt lol) and I'm starting to think I cut off WAY to much.

Literally, from what is there now, I cut off 80% of the lower branches. This girl REALLY likes to branch off, and I got rid of it all. I am hoping for nothing but big massive colas.

Everyone else can be the judge of that. As you can see some PM starting to buildup, thats half my reasoning to trim off everything. The other half..big top colas :)

J

JeffSpicoli

Havent checked this thread in a little while

Cali - I honestly think youre green ice really is green ice... It seemed very similar to green crack, but the smell/taste had a subtle difference to it.. Didnt seem as strong sour apple candy sweet smelling.. Like it had that same smell, but almost with a winterfreshness to it.. Haha, kinda hard to remember.. But i do remember thinking youre Green Ice smoked like a very GC dominant hybrid..

Im sure if you really wanted to know, i doubt it would be to hard for you to get ahold of a GC cut to run side by side with youre 'GI' and see if they are the same

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
cali's smoked very similiar to gc, but there was a subtle diff...everybit as frosty as gc, if not more....the gc is soooo pungent, and all cali's girls have serious aroma, but the gi was just a lil diff

J

JeffSpicoli

ya his GI almost seemed like his has more of a frosty white color, and not as neon phosphorescent green, and not as bright of orange hairs.. These could be enviroment differences... But i think its just a really kickass hybrid..

GreenCrack seems like a good strain for breeding projects

bterzz

Veteran
any comments on if I trimmed way to much off? They're only in 4 days of flower so they got some more growing to do.

Brastaman

hiya bterzz.

its my experience with GC the way to achieve large cola's is to have her at LEAST 20" when you flower her, she doesn't stretch at all so it should be okay and try to limit her to a main stem or three. It's her main stems that get the biggest. Because she is so naturally branchy she needs to be consciously cloned and trained from the beginning for desired end results.
I love the GC cuz shes a hardy strain that pretty much grows herself. She can take a beating and still produce oozy buds of resin goodness.

That's one thing i don't like about not monocroping some grow quicker than others. The greencrack doesnt get very tall very fast but she'll be the first to finish.

good luck.

bterzz

Veteran
lol the "not very tall very fast" statement sure is true! This bitch is hard to grow vertical!

I decided to only veg her around 8 inches before flower, because, well, I got 15 in a 4x4 area.

I'm glad I didnt veg longer then I did but maybe next time i'll run a complete GC run with 18 rather then 36 and I can veg them out a bit larger.

Thanks for all the help everyone!

JBlaze

A very trusted and respected grower(my guru) told me that green crack(the cut he grew) was a selected pheno of Martian Mean Green. Can anyone confirm this? I have never had the chance to get my hands on MMG beans. If someone has grown both can they give their opinion?

JACKtheREFFER

No Longer a Human Watering Can
Veteran
looking good man ..... she does like to branch out ... not so vertical but she love horizontal growth i think youll have plenty of good nugs .... i chop a shitload of underbrush off mine all with no negative side affects

bterzz

Veteran
Hey Jack! 999 posts huh? Pretty cool!

I will take pictures tonight they're starting to take shape. I cut off so much under-growth lol it was crazy.

JACKtheREFFER

No Longer a Human Watering Can
Veteran

immediately after these pics were taken i transplanted into 2 gallon pots and into 12/12.....>>note not all of those are green crack ...but the first pic the ones in front are GC

and in this pic a different group on the second day of flower they are the 7 in front,,,, 2 large brown pots and 5 smaller 2 gallon black pots ... others in the pic are further along

bterzz

Veteran
I think my girls were far to small for the flip, I dont see me yielding an ounce per plant in the 2 gallons they're in

EDIT: Thanks for the pics Jack!. Lookin good. And you say you're getting those big nugs off those bad mamba jambas? Thats pretty impressive! Do you see me getting a decent yield off of the picture below? That is like 2 days int 12/12, after trimming ALL the lower branches a you can see.

Latest posts

Latest posts