What's new

Green_Thumb's Terrarium Project

green_thumb...

Strain Whore Extraordinaire!
Veteran
Once you flip to flower, you should start trimming daily. Start below the screen for the first week make you sure you trim it clean so its not wasting any energy. Then after the first week before the 3rd week I would just chop any nodes that seem weak or are barely above the screen. I didnt and TRUST ME I sure wish I did. I have some nice colas going but the littler nodes aren't going to produce shit and wasting energy!

troubleguy, you're right on, trimming and pruning makes a HUGE difference

Did you top the wreck in veg or just trained it?

Its actually still in veg and shes just been trained flat, If you go back to the first page you can see when I broke her over then down the line tied down til she went into the terrarium.

green_thumb...

Veteran
I was gonna say something about daily trimming too...i think it'd be better to trim 2 or 3 times total, because the plant does need time to recover from it. I usually notice a day or so of slowed development after a large trim, but it makes up for it by taking off after that.

Iv noticed that as well on my last grow, I think i over trimmed cuz they started growing 1 finger leafs. with the TW iv trimmed big 1 to 2 times a month and the occasional water leaf pluck.

ALSO, some pix from today, let me know if you guys noticed growth since the last pic update?
CIMG5016.jpg

CIMG5017.jpg

And eyeclops pic of the lil TW tester in dwc at 9weeks
PIC003.jpg

toastfighter2

That is a bigger terrarium than I thought when I seen the title. That set up would be super easy to add CO2 to. Imagine the kind of SOG that you could do in there with a Lazy Susan, and a little bit of Dr Bud Greengenes style, not that you are doing anything wrong with the Scrog, I just find that it takes forever, and I always end up running out of smoke long before the next batch is ready(I still run out, but only because I have to wait for the next one to dry). I run perpetual, one in/one out a week, but I am looking at doing two a week. Yep, pulling two of these a week would make my really happy.
picture.php

green_thumb...

Veteran
That is a bigger terrarium than I thought when I seen the title. That set up would be super easy to add CO2 to. Imagine the kind of SOG that you could do in there with a Lazy Susan, and a little bit of Dr Bud Greengenes style, not that you are doing anything wrong with the Scrog, I just find that it takes forever, and I always end up running out of smoke long before the next batch is ready(I still run out, but only because I have to wait for the next one to dry). I run perpetual, one in/one out a week, but I am looking at doing two a week. Yep, pulling two of these a week would make my really happy.
picture.php

Right on man those look like decent sized colas, I just today set up the yeast method Co2 generator so we will see how it works out.

Also im currently looking for one of those Christmas wreath rubbermaid containers cuz they are pretty big and do a shooting target style SOG DWC :woohoo: :woohoo: it ought to be interesting so keep an eye on future terrarium grows

toastfighter2

A lazy susaun is one of those jobbers that you set in the middle of of a table and it spins in a circle( you could make one from two pieces of plywood and a chair swivel<< http://tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:9x4zTlw9GeWAiM:http://www.daiso.com/Swive_plate-2s.jpg >> ). DR Greengenes style is a, well, starting a bunch(he does six at a time I think) of 3-4 inch rooted clones each week, all in small containers. You should do a search on his name and check it out.
BTW, that isn't just a cola, that is the whole plant, and it was hard to find a spot to cut it down at(buds from netcup to tip of stem)

green_thumb...

Veteran
oh shit that looked like a good small plant, And i was thinking bout using an old record player modded to turn 2-4rpm if my next run in the terrarium is soil

toastfighter2

After suggesting the lazy susan thing, I was thinking about how to make it spin(because it is supposed to be good for your plants to move) but I am not sure if a record player would have enough torque to get it moving(or at least reliably). A servo motor w/a controller would work perfect, but it would be on the steeper side. A power drill(I know, you don't have on) with a rubber wheel would turn one of those lazy susan things, an it would be easy enough to replace the trigger with a dial type rheostat(better than taping it in place)

green_thumb...

Veteran
Well after reading your ideas iv thought of using a lazy susan mounted to the floor and make a wooden pedestal with a round base about 4.25ft diam and mount that to the top of the lazy susan, then mount a small 12V motor solid to the floor with a small foam rc wheel on it against the round base. i think im on to some improvements for my terrarium also i think im gonna use a hula hoop for a frame for a new better scrog screen

green_thumb...

Veteran
Well a little update,week 13 veg feeding her Fox Farms Big Bloom at 3tsp per gal with the light on 24/0 iv been having to feed once daily 3/4 to 1 gallon,the very main tips are poking like 1.5-2 inches above the screen the ones in the middle are maximum 1 inch away from the screen im thinking bout flipping to 12/12 when i get that 1000w hps at the end of the month.

So any way as you can see in the first pic I had to get In to the mood to garden
CIMG5053.jpg

Top view with some 600w light scavengers being bubba kush,blackberry kush and random
CIMG5025.jpg

CIMG5046.jpg

Side view
CIMG5047.jpg

CIMG5042.jpg

My yeast Co2 generator
CIMG5048.jpg

Where the tube disperses the C02
CIMG5049.jpg

The random seed,im so havin fun with plant
CIMG5028.jpg

CIMG5029.jpg

And my TW DWC tester i started flush today
CIMG5055.jpg

CIMG5068.jpg

christen23

Looks good.. did you ever decide on what nutes.. i just looked at the Vita grow and there HELLA cheaper than the Super Natural that i am going to use this summer.. just may end up trying the VITA grow out..
PEACE
~POE~

green_thumb...

Veteran
Christen23: Thanks and yeah my buddy hooked me up with some Fox Farm Grow Big and shes liking it a lot, In fact I just upped the dosage another 1tsp.

Mr Tony: I'll sure try that I'm always open to new ales, when i got that Great White i also got another ale from LostCoast Brewing called INDICA, BTW very good!!! a bit stronger that the Great White but still very good

green_thumb...

Veteran
Oh crap!!! almost fogot an update :joint: :joint: :joint: silly me...

Ive noticed a lot of growth, I think the yeast Co2 is workin.

Ive been feeding her twice daily once In the morning and once at night, I have the light on 24hrs and Iv been feeding with fox farm big bloom at 5 tsp per gallon every other watering.

I'm trying to figure out when I should flip but I dont have the nutes i want to get yet :wallbash: I actually dont have any bloom nutes other that the flora series 3 part nutes and I dont want to use those, What do you all think? :1help: when should I flip?

PIX!!!
CIMG5122.jpg

CIMG5119.jpg

CIMG5128.jpg

CIMG5129.jpg

CIMG5042.jpg

CIMG5125.jpg

See how all the tops are starting to fill in the screen in the middle? earlier I counted 52 tops :yoinks: :woohoo: above the screen and 15+ bout 1in under the screen, EFFIN Crazy

Agent-Smith

Now aren't you glad you didn't flip 2 weeks ago? :D

I would say you should flip anytime between now and 1 more week. Depends on how the stretch is on this girl. If the stretch is crazy then flip now, if it's slow, give it another week.

green_thumb...

Veteran
Now aren't you glad you didn't flip 2 weeks ago? :D

I would say you should flip anytime between now and 1 more week. Depends on how the stretch is on this girl. If the stretch is crazy then flip now, if it's slow, give it another week.

Yes i sure am man, You think i should? What about nutes? All i have is the Flora series 3 part and i just found some supernatural bloom terra but i dont know if either will help or do harm. Im only a newb

Agent-Smith

I use FNB and it's basically the 3 part GH without the grow. 0-8-16 :D

Like I said, if it's a stretcher, flip now, if not, wait a week more. I see she hasn't stretched out a whole lot in the last 2 weeks but I'm sure she'll fill the screen once you flip.

I think that since you are newer to growing you are worried about too many variables. Just relax, smoke a bowl, and flip the light. Don't worry about nutes, you have what you need. Don't make it harder than it needs to be LOL, just watch them grow. :D

And yes, a LB is certainly possible.

toastfighter2

Before you flip your lights to 12/12, you should think about taking a few clones from her, and giving it a few days to heal up(it looks to be one of those monster type plants that you always look back and go"dam, I wish I would have kept that going").

Latest posts

Latest posts