What's new

Green_Thumbs Current Projects

BigGreen

Veteran
Just keep it the way it is. You want the light on em all the time for what ya have. Just hang in there with the rdwc once you get the chiller your next grow will be retarded. I cant remember how long have they been veggin in the dwc?

green_thumb...

Strain Whore Extraordinaire!
Veteran
well they were put in the system as 2" tall cuts with maybe 3-4 1" roots on them on may 11th so were bout 29 days in veg? lookin good for what they are and the problems iv gone thru?

BigGreen

Veteran
They will love that chiller and now the aquashield can do its job.
Dam the pk is good do ya have one of those in there?

green_thumb...

Veteran
just one small one,the mites whiped a couple out and i kicked a buddy the rest before i had the mites bad. things are starting to clear out tho. might be throwing thebbk back in to the mix and take a few cuts as soon as it get a little better health wise.

green_thumb...

Veteran
So i said fuck the net for now gonna just bush em out for this run due to all the problems iv been having,iv cropped them all over and topped them its almost trippled the tops on each bucket.

in the dwc i bumped the nutes upto 900-1000ppm and the PH remains at 5.8,theyre loving the stronger mix too thinking i'll keep it up there til 2nd week of bloom then maybe bump it up to 1200ppm and maxing out at 1400ppm maybe we'll see how they take 1200ppm first.

anyways on to the PIX
CIMG7780.jpg

CIMG7781.jpg

CIMG7769.jpg

CIMG7779.jpg

CIMG7775.jpg

CIMG7776.jpg

CIMG7778.jpg

CIMG7772.jpg

CIMG7773.jpg

CIMG7771.jpg

CIMG7770.jpg

these are the roots on the blackberry x purple heirloom in solo dwc
CIMG7777.jpg

CIMG7774.jpg

and heres the GHS lemon skunk
CIMG7783.jpg

and heres the cropped over GHS Arjans Strawberry Haze
CIMG7784.jpg

green_thumb...

Veteran
hells yeah AS,they are gettin better and the chiller gets here tuesdaiy so i should be golden whit this grow after that,i do need to look into some sort of roll of insulation for a decent pice?

green_thumb...

Veteran
The room itself,its a upstairs room with no insulation and the other day it was in the 80's and my room was 90 with A/C a blowing too its only a 6200btu but that should be don a bit better then that right?

I figure if I were to tak up double insulated bubble wrap all over the walls and ceiling should do the trick?

toastfighter2

If you are going to go and insulate everything, you should look into reflectivex, or what ever the hell it is called. It is similar to the stuff they make sun blockers for windows of cars, but it has a layer of foam stuff in the middle and comes on rolls. I seen some at Lowes the other day, and if I didn't have a roll of mylar to finish off, I would have picked it up.

green_thumb...

Veteran
Thanks TF2,calculated what I would need and I'm in need of 5 rolls of 4'X 25',not too spendy up here,hope I can get it real soon cuz don't know how I'm gonna handel that room when outdoor temps hit 100+ cuz it topped out at 78 today and my canopy temps are 91 too hot.I don't even wana think about what I'd be in there in the dead heat of summer.

toastfighter2

They also sell it as just one thin sheet(like mylar, but stronger) that can be glued to foam board insulation, and it comes in a 4' wide by 125' rolls. For that matter, they have foam board that already has a reflective coating on it. I haven't really worked out the price difference, but I know that the foil coated foam board is roughly $32 a sheet(4x8), but unless you have a truck, its a bitch to move around.

BigGreen

Veteran
I think your gonna need a bigger A/C. So what fan and carbon filter are you using to scrub the room. Ya might wanna upgrade that to help ditch the hot air.
Remember to cut a shit load of clones right be for you flip the light to 12/12.
Good luck BG

green_thumb...

Veteran
wow thanks guys for the info,thinkin im gonna try and get 5 rolls of the reflectix 4'x25',i do think my A/C is small but i do plan to get one or 2 of those iceboxes or makin my own so that might be the extra cooling i'll need we'll see.

my carbon filter is prolly undersized too its a 16lb carbonair,i pulled the 4" flange off and made a box so i could hook it up inline with 6" ports on the box and right now its hooked upto a hydrofarm squirly cage fan,i have a 6" valuline drawing air from the attac like room thru both 1kw and 600w then thru the fan strait outside.

I really think that if i were to wrap my whole room,get the ice boxes and hook everything up to the best of my knowledge it would make a tremendous difference ya?

lol and BG i will be taking a bunch of cuts,i already have a ziploc with BG on it,the bbk isnt quite ready to get 10 cuts off of maybe like 2 but all the rest i can cut anytime hopin they all get bushier before the flip.

SO WHEN DO YOU GUYS THINK I SHOULD FLIP?? 2 weeks? 3 weeks?

green_thumb...

Veteran
thats the plan for now,just gotta figure out how to come up with 200 bux for some is all. im glad to hear it really works,my house is old and has 0 insulation other than the materials holding this P.O.S together so im hopin itl help being on the inside of the room and all. thinkin i should swap my rez tub with a cooler so my chiller has to work less was also thinkin bout wrapping the buckets too.

so could anyone chime in on maybe settin my room up with the ice boxes? should i have 2? or would one be enough? also could i maybe use a stainless or aluminum coil to chill the rez instead of cycling the nute solution thru it?

BigGreen

Veteran
From the looks you could probably flip em in a week. As long as you have them roots under control. I would really keep your nutes low right now like no higher than 700 ppm conv .5 so your roots can heel and your plants will blow up. Less is more in this dwc thing.
good luck

green_thumb...

Veteran
ok ok well i just added like 5-6 gallons of calmag and aquashield supplemented RO water that should weaken the mix yeah? i'll check it in a hour or 2 to give it time to mix in real good. so what should they peak out at strength wise? during bloom?

Latest posts

Latest posts