What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Green_Science 21x600W Nft SeaOfGreen

GReen dreAM

Veteran
Well done Green_science !!

It will be hard work during harvest.... hand job or electrical helpers if u know what i mean..heh ?

Good luck.

_Dude

33 days of veg for a SOG? I don't think I've ever seen anyone running a SOG with that kind of veg time. I'm surprised no self-appointed expert has barged in and told you you're doing it wrong.

Green_science

33 days of veg for a SOG? I don't think I've ever seen anyone running a SOG with that kind of veg time. I'm surprised no self-appointed expert has barged in and told you you're doing it wrong.

Dude admittedly, this technique would have to be labelled some what of a hybrid, with the training, topping, super cropping, and veg times I do, however as you will see if you stick around, this method definitely results in a sea of green, which is how/why SOG has its name (not veg times), this setup uses 8 plants per 600w, tightly bunched as you can see from some earlier pictures.

Oh man, not self appointed experts....... again..... I always encounter these guys. :huggg:

E

ekomsi

I understand your explanation and thanks for your response. I'm going to take my infered theromoeter when lights come on I think a light or two might be to close.

Your room already looks like a sea of green more so then most no veg high plant number tables I seen.

Twisted pleasur

Veteran
Looking good. I see NTF sweet. Ive never tried this method but it intrests me. May I ask what temps. Do you try to keep your rez. Have you had an issues with root rot?
Do you do anything to prevent it?

Thank You
T~P

Green_science

Looking good. I see NTF sweet. Ive never tried this method but it intrests me. May I ask what temps. Do you try to keep your rez. Have you had an issues with root rot?
Do you do anything to prevent it?

Thank You
T~P
Thank's, I keep NFT reservoir lower rather than higher, 18-20, of coarse colder water holds more oxygen and that is partly my reason.

I always use root products and enzymes and fortunately never had root rot, cooler temps, lots of water movement, keeping rez/roots in the dark, enzyme/root products and plenty of oxygen/space, root rot and the diseases that come with it are not of concern

mack 10

Veteran
love'n it. do you know which cut of Blue cheese you run? I have 2 diff ones. one kinda looks like yours. can we get some single plant shots, over the next few weeks as well as a few canopy shots if you get the time,all your shizz is looking tight, I might add.
peace out.
mack.

redbeard909

nice setup and grow, that's an excellent idea the recirculating rez's, I just started using nft as fed up of the pebbles, I got 6 separate small ones on the go with 1 plant in each going to scrog them. do your rez temps stay at that temp naturally or do you cool the water?

Green_science

Mack10 pretty sure it is Barneys, gonzo just a room, rebeard909 they stay that temp, if anything I heat them a little, there is a lot of solution there for the room to heat up, plus intakes are close to a few rez'z, a neat trick if you are having problems is to get a decent air pump or 2, and put it somewhere cold like near a window, that will help keep rez cool