What's new

Green Mountain Seeds distribution agreement with ACE Seeds

vermontman

Sure! Nice read, thank you Sir!

Here is the link for my lazy potheads :LOL:
You are most welcome and thank you!

moose/MI

Residential/Legal/Outdoors/42°N

Here's both my Purple Satellite and GMGrape Fems at 4.5 weeks.
Straight Hp since they popped on 4/20 except for some weak tea recently.
I up potted from solos 9 days ago.
Gave them a fim 3 days ago and I'm getting antsy to put them in their 30 gal living soil homes.

However I haven't run old school genetics in 40 years.
I'm only back a couple seasons but I did real well last year. I'm just kinda going with it.

Looking to keep the girls manageable but still pull a pound a plant. 6'?
Even though it's a legal state there are a slew of other silly regulations that I'm technically foul of.
But it's worked for 2 seasons now.

So manageable is the goal.
I do a hide in plain site kind of thing in between my girlfriend's 3 massive flower gardens that have been here 20 years.
Lots of size, color and distance to dazzel and distract the eye.
It's worked well over the years since reading about planting cosmos as a distraction back in the late 70's.
Was that Mel Frank? 😃
If you look at the garden picture close you can see one from last year.

I shared all that for some advice.
Technically I have between now and the end of June to plant.
I'm leaning towards planting now and training to keep manageable.
That's always been my style.
However I could feed them and keep them restricted for a length of time too.

Any advice? I'm a little worried about the 3' of growth at the bottom before the plant starts that I see in some pictures.
Thanks

Attachments

• 20240522_093642.jpg
    20240522_093642.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 66
  • 20240522_092500.jpg
    20240522_092500.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 48
  • 20240522_101731.jpg
    20240522_101731.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 58
  • Screenshot_20240522_103323_Discord.jpg
    Screenshot_20240522_103323_Discord.jpg
    391.8 KB · Views: 66

BumSplodgeBrownPants

Gave them a fim 3 days ago and I'm getting antsy to put them in their 30 gal living soil homes.

I'm only back a couple seasons but I did real well last year. I'm just kinda going with it.

Even though it's a legal state there are a slew of other silly regulations that I'm technically foul of.

I do a hide in plain site kind of thing in between my girlfriend's 3 massive flower gardens that have been here 20 years.
It's worked well over the years since reading about planting cosmos as a distraction back in the late 70's.
Was that Mel Frank? 😃

Any advice? I'm a little worried about the 3' of growth at the bottom before the plant starts that I see in some pictures.
Thanks
That flower garden is great! Good luck with these. :good:

Thanks
You could top em, I did mine and they bounced back without noticing much! I also tend to cage mine and use the cage as a support and for training since the Autumn gets so humid. Looking great, your plants last year look better than mine so take my advice with a grain of salt!

moose/MI

You could top em, I did mine and they bounced back without noticing much! I also tend to cage mine and use the cage as a support and for training since the Autumn gets so humid. Looking great, your plants last year look better than mine so take my advice with a grain of salt!
Thanks,
I did Fim them 3 days ago. It's a form of topping. At the 5th or just beginning 6th node.
This weather were experiencing it's just giving me an itch. 😆

I started 3 weeks earlier this season than last. I knew that it was going to be warmer and selected genetics accordingly.
But then the weather came 5 weeks early and erased my early start. 😒 😃

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240522_083554_Camera.jpg
    Screenshot_20240522_083554_Camera.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 10
Thanks,
I did Fim them 3 days ago. It's a form of topping. At the 5th or just beginning 6th node.
This weather were experiencing it's just giving me an itch. 😆

I started 3 weeks earlier this season than last. I knew that it was going to be warmer and selected genetics accordingly.
But then the weather came 5 weeks early and erased my early start. 😒 😃
Yeah I feel that! I put mine out in pots on top of the bed so I can pull them in if weather gets hard!

LMAO, I have always been a LST indoors kinda guy, outdoors I am still learning a lot! I actually now see that I kinda FIM'd and once the hail risk passes I intended to train the plant to grow more out using some LST! So I also fim'd I guess, I cut basically at the top on very squat plants, I had em inside under a LED. I suspect that also helped them be easier to harden off to the sun.

Last edited:

vermontman

Was that Mel Frank? 😃

Thanks
Hello @moose/MI!
I here you about hiding cannabis plants in plain site I certainly have done that in my past Whatever do in your gardening and training, please keep us posted. Oh and by the way spectacular garden!

vermontman

I have 6 PBB in my run at the moment. Bought the seeds end of 2022. They are looking great. Unfortunately the male is herming and I had to kill him. View attachment 19007493
Hello @h.zimmer!
Hope all your ladies work out great, to bad about your boy though, you are one of the later ones to post on Pineapple Banana bud since I stopped putting them out. Please keep us posted.

May have 1 male starting to show nanners out of 9!? I am guessing it is my own inexperience with identifying males maybe, I planted the fabric pots in the final beds kinda so I can pull out the males easier and the plants in 1gallons can just grow through.. Never tried that before will be interesting!
Ideally I would post some pics, but gotta sort some stuff to do that safely first :) They all are growing great though! Be interesting to see how pot growing in a pot in a bigger pot does :p

vermontman

Green Mountain Grape Fem @ 36 days
Rain was coming ... I decided to pop her in a 30gal container.
Organic, living soil and a good dose of mycos. We got a nice soaker rain afterwards. 42°N
Showing loads of purple in the stem
Hi @moose/MI!
Looking like she is ready to push!
Last week I took a ride into the Mountains of Vermont just as a day trip. About an hour or so west of here there was a roadside nursery, mostly perennials and basic annuals but towards the back of the one of the greenhouses in plane site was about 6 canna in veg. So I struck a conversation with the young lady owner and I gave her a card she saw the Green mountain Grape on my card and she responded, this is yours? I said yes that is my work she went on to reply that the Grape is the plant she recommends to all her customers as the best grower for our area. She does not sell plants but will except donations. My brother who is on F5 of GMG grows many other growers strains, but says the Grape is his all time favorite go to herb. Feels nice indeed to see people liking my life's work.
CHEERS ALL!

vermontman

May have 1 male starting to show nanners out of 9!? I am guessing it is my own inexperience with identifying males maybe, I planted the fabric pots in the final beds kinda so I can pull out the males easier and the plants in 1gallons can just grow through.. Never tried that before will be interesting!
Ideally I would post some pics, but gotta sort some stuff to do that safely first :) They all are growing great though! Be interesting to see how pot growing in a pot in a bigger pot does :p
Hi @rebelfarmer!
As long as the roots have a place to go they will do just fine with love and attention, but please keep us posted! Really looking forward to your pics!

moose/MI

Hi @moose/MI!
Looking like she is ready to push!
Last week I took a ride into the Mountains of Vermont just as a day trip. About an hour or so west of here there was a roadside nursery, mostly perennials and basic annuals but towards the back of the one of the greenhouses in plane site was about 6 canna in veg. So I struck a conversation with the young lady owner and I gave her a card she saw the Green mountain Grape on my card and she responded, this is yours? I said yes that is my work she went on to reply that the Grape is the plant she recommends to all her customers as the best grower for our area. She does not sell plants but will except donations. My brother who is on F5 of GMG grows many other growers strains, but says the Grape is his all time favorite go to herb. Feels nice indeed to see people liking my life's work.
CHEERS ALL!
That's great!
Only thing holding me back this season is location.
Last season I tried growing with a partner and that turned out to be more stressful than it was worth.
It worked out but I wouldn't want to do it again
I originally went with all fems of your work because I could and it was just easier for my situation.
But then I got pulled in by the mountain gold part of this thread. 😍
Haven't made seeds in 40 years and I figure I better get on it.
I have a fem Grape planted, a fem P. Satellite to plant today and a pack of MG regs going to pick a male/ female to make seeds.
If Grape turns out to be
the one I'll run it next year in regs.

Attachments

• 20240530_112240.jpg
    20240530_112240.jpg
    921.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 20240530_121803.jpg
    20240530_121803.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 16
  • 20240530_121743.jpg
    20240530_121743.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 16

h.zimmer

Hope all your ladies work out great, to bad about your boy though, you are one of the later ones to post on Pineapple Banana bud since I stopped putting them out. Please keep us posted.
They are doing great and start throwing out their pistils. Really nice uniform growth. Two of them are more christmas tree shape and one is a little bit bushier with stronger side branches.

Attachments

• PBB.jpg
    PBB.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 17

moose/MI

This is my pack of Mountain Gold regulars that I'm searching. 11 total
Goal is to pick a choice M/F combo and pollinate a branch to have a few seeds.

They will be 6 weeks Saturday. Transplanted from their solo cups into 1/2 gallons 3 weeks ago.
They are looking good. Nice stems.
Some showing purple.

I looked through them today and think I found 1 male. The last 2 pictures.

My question is would you just keep on like I am?
Would you throw them in the dark for 72 hrs. to jump start the process and then bring them back outside?
Hours of light today here at 42°N were 15.04.

I would like to up-pot my keepers when I can.
The sooner I can decide which 2 I'm keeping the sooner I can destroy the other males and rehome the extra girls.

Any tips or advice would be welcomed.

Attachments

• 20240530_112227.jpg
    20240530_112227.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 25
  • 20240530_112254.jpg
    20240530_112254.jpg
    795.7 KB · Views: 24
  • 20240530_112302.jpg
    20240530_112302.jpg
    936.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 20240530_112315.jpg