What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Green Mountain Seeds distribution agreement with ACE Seeds

vermontman

@StrongTree those ladies are beautiful, well done - mine just turned 7 weeks yesterday. Started to get a bit hungry so gave an AACT yesterday and should last the final 4 weeks.

The vegging plants are Green Mt. Grapes for outdoor this season. Green pheno on left, purple on right.
Again looking quite spectacular @jroadytoady!!!
Just cropped back my clones, ready for mountain life!
Well Heck It's SPRING!!!

vermontman

Hi folks! :whee:

Another week along and the Zacatecas are still chugging away.

View attachment 18985680 View attachment 18985681

I'm going to raise the light a little bit (315w CMH) and drop the feed a little. I'm getting a few burnt tips now.

I'll say approx 4 weeks and these could be close to how I like them. It may be time to let them know autumn is on the way for them and then ride them in to the chop nice and easy.

But I'm very happy with these so far and I think I'll go a little lighter on the feed next time.

Any feedback or tips are more than welcome!

Same time, same place for an update next week then? :good:
Hey good buddy!
So looking forward to you and every ones progress going to be on the road for a while, but every ones posts mean so much to me.
THANK YOU ALL!

Indika

Zacateca Setzlinge
1000052358.jpg

1000052370.jpg

moose/MI

Wanted to drop in and say I'm on board!

Just finished reading the whole thread for the second time.
Always been a lurker but the chill vibe of this thread, Vermontman and most everyone here encouraged me to sign up.
I've enjoyed all the stories and will contribute a couple of my own when i have time.

I'm of a similar age as Vermontman, grow outside on a similar latitude, had similar life experiences back in the mid to late 70's.
This will be my 3 season back after a 40 year break from growing. Sungrown organic. I'm excited about the possibilities.
I'm having lots of fun chasing old weed memories and getting caught up.

Attachments

• 20240408_162144.jpg
    20240408_162144.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 80

vermontman

Wanted to drop in and say I'm on board!

Just finished reading the whole thread for the second time.
Always been a lurker but the chill vibe of this thread, Vermontman and most everyone here encouraged me to sign up.
I've enjoyed all the stories and will contribute a couple of my own when i have time.

I'm of a similar age as Vermontman, grow outside on a similar latitude, had similar life experiences back in the mid to late 70's.
This will be my 3 season back after a 40 year break from growing. Sungrown organic. I'm excited about the possibilities.
I'm having lots of fun chasing old weed memories and getting caught up.
HELLO! @moose/MI!
Just heading back to the North country, will be a several days trip. But thank you so much for your patronage, and certainly for your post! I cannot wait to see everyone's progress, as well as your future posts.
Cheers all!
IT'S SPRING!!!!!!

BumSplodgeBrownPants

Cheers @vermontman !

Bit of an early weekly update this week.
I found a very small calyx/bract type thing on a lower leaf earlier on the plant with the yellow tips, under the loupe it looked like it really wanted to be a male flower on the inside of the thing. Anyway, a couple of spots of pollen on the leaf, but a licked finger and a quick wipe clean and it's gone.
I've checked the plant over with my glasses and a headtorch and cannot see anymore strange parts. I'll be keeping a beady eye as I've got a Purple Pakistani Haze at about week 3 flower and I could do with keeping it seedless. But what will be will be.
The plants look clean, but have been pushed quite hard.
They have been overferted, my fault for not being able to get my usual soil. So next time, I'll use coir and A+B and have full control over the grub, because they've really made me happy growing them.

Hopefully plain sailing now till the finish. :greenstars:

Ohh, nearly forgot the picture.

DSCF1077.JPG

DSCF1074.JPG
DSCF1072.JPG

Still full of grub, I may drop the base feed to 1ml/L and keep on with the pk booster for 2 weeks. I normally have my plants looking a little lighter at this stage.

That reminds me, I need to get some more castor sugar for next week's pictures. :whee::biglaugh:

vermontman

Cheers @vermontman !

Bit of an early weekly update this week.
I found a very small calyx/bract type thing on a lower leaf earlier on the plant with the yellow tips, under the loupe it looked like it really wanted to be a male flower on the inside of the thing. Anyway, a couple of spots of pollen on the leaf, but a licked finger and a quick wipe clean and it's gone.
I've checked the plant over with my glasses and a headtorch and cannot see anymore strange parts. I'll be keeping a beady eye as I've got a Purple Pakistani Haze at about week 3 flower and I could do with keeping it seedless. But what will be will be.
The plants look clean, but have been pushed quite hard.
They have been overferted, my fault for not being able to get my usual soil. So next time, I'll use coir and A+B and have full control over the grub, because they've really made me happy growing them.

Hopefully plain sailing now till the finish. :greenstars:

Ohh, nearly forgot the picture.

View attachment 18991016
View attachment 18991025 View attachment 18991026
Still full of grub, I may drop the base feed to 1ml/L and keep on with the pk booster for 2 weeks. I normally have my plants looking a little lighter at this stage.

That reminds me, I need to get some more castor sugar for next week's pictures. :whee::biglaugh:
Awesome update there!
Just getting settled in here, and its planting season is on1
So super busy here!
CHEERS ALL!

vermontman

3 green mountain grape F2

Pretty, robust, uniform, good vigour!

View attachment 18992216
Hello @ilovegrowing!
Great to see that they are still uniform as F2's!
Awesome job there! As I said earlier you have all inspired me to pop some Mountain Gold seeds. So today oy the paper towels they went! Also I acquired another Oaxacan Gold IBL strain that I may use as a limited release Oaxacan Gold line. We will see if my new Oaxacan has merit. Pics will come as things progress
CHEERS ALL!
Thank you for posting!!!

moose/MI

I was only going to grow a Purple Satellite and GM Grape both fems outdoors this season. Wasn't really set up for more.
But this thread hooked me and I decided to pop a pack of regular Mountain Gold also. 😉

It's been over 40 years since I have made any seeds. Decided I'm not getting any younger and I'll just have to make room for the best female somewhere.
Pack came with 12 and I dropped one.
Hopefully I'll get a few males to choose from these 11.
Sungrown Organic - 42°N

Attachments

• 20240424_105822.jpg
    20240424_105822.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 17

jroadytoady

Hello @ilovegrowing!
Great to see that they are still uniform as F2's!
Awesome job there! As I said earlier you have all inspired me to pop some Mountain Gold seeds. So today oy the paper towels they went! Also I acquired another Oaxacan Gold IBL strain that I may use as a limited release Oaxacan Gold line. We will see if my new Oaxacan has merit. Pics will come as things progress
CHEERS ALL!
Thank you for posting!!!

A limited release definitely catches my attention - fingers crossed!

jroadytoady

My Mountain Gold ladies are turning 10 weeks on Friday ... still debating on whether to chop or wait another week.

Took a tester last week and it definitely hits the spot :biggrin:

1 is pure bubblegum, another is bubblegum plus terpitine, and the 3rd is Fruity Fuel with a hint of bubblegum.

I let these ladies get too close to the lights (20" from 600w hps) so some stress on tops and dry(ish) resin but anything below canopy is like touching pine sap... they're that sticky.

Interesting foxtails on the head buds but couldn't get them to show up well in the pics.

Attachments

• 20240424_123535.jpg
    20240424_123535.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 51
  • 20240424_123624.jpg
    20240424_123624.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 50

Latest posts

Latest posts