What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Green House Seeds Reviews?

Psi Haze

I am very impressed with them as being 'Strain Hunters', as well as their videos on YouTube. I would love to try some of their strains but I am a medical and non-commercial grower, my finance is limited. If GreenHouse made a donation of seed to a medical grower, like myself, I would grow a tree with oozing sap and tell all of my friends about it. - Just as nature intended. :)

chefbudz

i just planted 15 seeds 3 of them green house seeds super silver haze only 1 of the 3 popped the rest of the seeds from other breeders were fine. and the scratch off on my card was not even legible half of the lettering was very faint to the point where it could not be read green house seeds will guarantee their seeds but only if you buy them from them=( oh well guess i should complain to the other seed company i used??

F. Dupp

Veteran
I have grown slh, lemon skunk and the church. I liked slh and LS a lot and found them to be very good smoke, but unmanageable due to their height and branchiness or I would have kept them forever. I didnt care for the church, but a couple friends really liked it and it was a huge producer.

BadRabbit

I have grown slh, lemon skunk and the church. I liked slh and LS a lot and found them to be very good smoke, but unmanageable due to their height and branchiness or I would have kept them forever. I didnt care for the church, but a couple friends really liked it and it was a huge producer.

Yup. I found a pheno in an SLH pack years ago ... it is branchy, lower yield and takes forever to veg. But, I've been growing the cut for years because its some of the best smoke I've ever found. No lemon to it at all, just an exotic, hashy and uber potent smoke that I'll never willingly give up.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i just planted 15 seeds 3 of them green house seeds super silver haze only 1 of the 3 popped the rest of the seeds from other breeders were fine. and the scratch off on my card was not even legible half of the lettering was very faint to the point where it could not be read green house seeds will guarantee their seeds but only if you buy them from them=( oh well guess i should complain to the other seed company i used??

Always had good luck with the Super Silver Haze...nice ping pong ball sized nuggets.

Write them explaining they did not germinate...the most they can do is ignore you. Hopefully they'll do something for your troubles.

f4314n68

I grew church, outdoors. Best smoke out of 7 different strains. Big producer.

f4314n68

The people in here bashing GSH must suck at growing. I mean unless you're buying their 90's strains there's really nothing to bitch about. :dance013:

B

Bob Green

Shit man I wish I had all their SSH, Nevils Haze, and Widow reg beans from the 90's!

Oldschool Rhino would kick ass for sure!

If you find peeps bitching about 90 GHS stock let me know. Ill gladly take them!

f4314n68

Shit man I wish I had all their SSH, Nevils Haze, and Widow reg beans from the 90's!

Oldschool Rhino would kick ass for sure!

If you find peeps bitching about 90 GHS stock let me know. Ill gladly take them!
if GHS is such sh1t can you point me to the best breeders to get seeds from?

B

Bob Green

There is amazing seeds everywhere these days. Its all up to your taste?

I like Chimera, Cannabiogen, ACE, Archive, MNS, and a few other for my own gear. But I pretty much only buy reg seeds. These companies just fit the style I prefer.

I do have a GHS pack of Super Lemon Haze I picked up back in 2009 that I have a good feeling about. I have not heard any bad reports on them so far.

I have gotten a few bags of SLH that I liked alot.

f4314n68

There is amazing seeds everywhere these days. Its all up to your taste?

I like Chimera, Cannabiogen, ACE, Archive, MNS, and a few other for my own gear. But I pretty much only buy reg seeds. These companies just fit the style I prefer.

I do have a GHS pack of Super Lemon Haze I picked up back in 2009 that I have a good feeling about. I have not heard any bad reports on them so far.

I have gotten a few bags of SLH that I liked alot.
I have some Mr.Nice Guy SSH put away is that any good? I've heard of the drama between GHS and Niceguy lol so I'm wondering.

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Always had good luck with the Super Silver Haze...nice ping pong ball sized nuggets.

Write them explaining they did not germinate...the most they can do is ignore you. Hopefully they'll do something for your troubles.

The SLH varies, some is not so lemony, but it all is hazy.

I have just grown the train wreck, chemdog and bubba, 5 pack fem, chem took a long time, 11 week, longer than some SLH phenos, distinctive quality bud, away different to the same old same old Dutch gene puddle. The bubba and tw are s1's but in each pack there were great examples. One club owner looking at the tw declared it "unbelievable" and one of the best bits of weed he had never seen in his life.

Re the non germing stock, as the are selling so many seeds now all their stock is fresh, so any non germinating seed is down to poor care by a distributior or browser error. There is no difference between the current stock and that before, it was just the lies of a competitor.

Nico Farmer

Authentic Strains Farm
GHS IS Not my favorite seedbank but I had grown her Cheese, and it was so good!
not like the others cheese I have tasted;
it was mostly sativa!
9 1/2 weeks ,
strong spicy peppered taste, more high than stone.

only one pheno cause only 1/3 seeds popped.

P

PNWorganic420

I just ran a pack of the following GH seeds to see if they workth ordering in bulk.
These are my findings.

I ran Bubba Kush, LadyBurn 1974, and ams.
The bubba was garbage. You had your choice between mutant runts or herms. 0 viable survivors
The lady burn was interesting but ultimately did not yield any keepers. IT had a grape perfume scent that was interesting. Only one of the seeds produced a non herming healthy female. But the resin production was not to my liking and it was also abandoned.

The AMS also had some herms but was the most stable of the three. in the end I shit canned it for no other reason than it was not interesting enough to grow again.

GHS is a great place to get some solid A- genetics but nothing I saw was mind blowing.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Bob green is dead on... in the 90s they were the best. .. id pay $1000+ a pack for there original hawian snow regs... but even gave up on trying to accomplish that.... only person i know who claimed to still have them was sotf420 n he disappeared... neway those few of u who have original gh beans... pop them n make more... ww nevilles arjans ssh n i had a himalayan gold all fire... some of the best gear ever made imo.... real shame things went so far into the other direction... its beyond repair now n avoid ghs like an aids ridden 50yr old hooker walkin outof a barn... much better things to spend ur $$$on...

StankyBeamer

Professional A$$hole
I am very impressed with them as being 'Strain Hunters', as well as their videos on YouTube. I would love to try some of their strains but I am a medical and non-commercial grower, my finance is limited. If GreenHouse made a donation of seed to a medical grower, like myself, I would grow a tree with oozing sap and tell all of my friends about it. - Just as nature intended. :)

At first I was too, until I went to the attitude to check out strain hunters line up hoping for Malawi seeds, only to find the same green crack, afgooey, and og lineage as anybody else. Why call yourself a preservationist or strain hunter and only release polys?

Ugh.

Ugh.

I guess everyone's mileage varies. I've had nothing but problems from their seeds. Their White Rhino was the first time I've literally thrown every single pheno right onto the scrap heap, complete crap. Awful flavor (burnt artichokes), poor resin, loose structure... this while every plant around them did great, so not a food/environment issue. (I have 20 years experience, my scene is dialed in.) Maybe there was a mix-up or something, but those genes were garbage. Pissed me off and lost me a lot of money. This was around 2009.

Their Lemon Skunk was mediocre at best, one 'okay' plant out of 5 females; definitely not medical quality, though. Loose larfy structure, lacking in flavor. Again, seemed to just be crappy genes. It may have been an unlucky draw. Just sayin'. Cost me big $ yet again. When every plant around them thrives and kicks ass it's hard to come to any other conclusion.

Their Trainwreck? Didn't seem to be Trainwreck, at all. I did get one nice plant out of 5; not sure what the hell it was, but def not Trainwreck.

I get that people have praise for GH, but I have none. They owe me a shit-ton of money IMO. Three strikes, I'm done with them. There are far superior breeders out there.

wut

wut

The people in here bashing GSH must suck at growing. I mean unless you're buying their 90's strains there's really nothing to bitch about. :dance013:

Pffft.

I've been growing for 20 years, have trialed over 100 strains in that time. And all I can say is: you must have really limited experience with the genepool out there to think 'there's nothin' to bitch about' with GH seeds. Or maybe you just have really low expectations. Which would be fine if you didn't come here and imply that unhappy customers 'suck at growing'.

So your comment seems asinine at best. I gave an honest professional assessment of my three (extremely costly) Greenhouse experiences.

Psi Haze

I know a bunch of people who don't want to pop $100-$200 looking for a keeper-seed. The California-Medical scene can find top clones, $8 each... Shit, man. It really takes the fun fun out of popping seeds!

Speaking of 'Cat Piss', I think there are some folks in Santa Cruz with some salvaged Malawi, oh yeah, she's good.. really fucking-weird taste, man. hint of skunk, sour but dry, like a cat piss basement funk with champagne poured on it, like a yard-dog slept on your clothes, and a strong smell of hash. sounds awesome, eh? Suppose to be 75% Malawi. sold high-dollar on medical scene 15 years ago. Not seen it in 10 years except for Santa Cruz, select. ;)

:rasta:

..legalization helped some linage strains remain alive, never forget that.

Last edited:

StankyBeamer

Professional A$$hole
What id do for a cut of that, drooling over here. I just ordered mangobiche from CBG to hit with a male from my dj blueberry pack, callin it blue mango haze. Nobody can take the fun out of seed popping for me:)