What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Green House Seeds Reviews?

moondawg

Arjan a breeder ROTFLMFAO. Breeder of S1's lmfao.... I guess I can call myself a breeder too then.

Grew arjans haze along with bubba (hermie) kush(along with others ww,wr,nh,ssh) and they all turned out to be such a hi- quality smoke that I gave it away. Shit was trash... every fucking seed. I have no clue how a seed company with so many resources could release such garbage.

Trust me I had high hopes,(check my earlier posts of when i first joined this site defending ghsc to no end like a mindless lemming) biting the hype marketing of ghsc spending around 5 bills on their seeds only too find out it was a huge waste of time and money. (other than slh and tw)

You people defending ghsc should just save some extra dough get some og rascal or c.c. seeds then tell me what you think of ghsc. The quality difference is night and day, with multiple keepers in each pack.

Ive probably grown 2o or more packs of greenhouse seeds since 1999 and ive yet to have a single hermie. I dont ever see hermies because hermies are caused by poor enviromental conditions and grower inexperience. Always.

poor germination rates and hermies are grower problems, not breeder problems.

moondawg

One other point. I got a bubba cut in 97 and kept it for 3 yrs until calamity hit and during that time, igrew and witnessed numerous grows of the cut. I feel that much of the discussion about Bubba is misinformed.

Every grower that has ever grown Bubba has dusted it with somenthing and growers have been hitting bubba with pollen since day 1 in an attempt to replicate her character. Ive seen enough bubba and attempts to cross it to know that Ghs bubba is just that: bubba thats been crossed with something. I havent seen Cali's C.'s but is suspect its the same.

Whoever made the cross that Greehouse is now selling did a good job. The plant retains the bubba high and increases the yeild considerably. Its worth every penny theyre asking for it. My buddy bought and grew out a 10 pack and it was a nice grow which led me to order some. Worth every single dime, IMHo you cant buy better cannabis from anyone for 50$.

hempluvr

plant pimp
Veteran
Ive probably grown 2o or more packs of greenhouse seeds since 1999 and ive yet to have a single hermie. I dont ever see hermies because hermies are caused by poor enviromental conditions and grower inexperience. Always.

poor germination rates and hermies are grower problems, not breeder problems.

ummm...have u ever grow casey jones or anything thai? Well they tend to hermy WITHOUT any issues at all. The fact a plant throws a nanner does not mean there was issues with the room. Some strains just DO IT. Grow a casey jones cut and see for yourself. Or grow something with casey in it. So ya,inexperience and shitty growing SOMETIMES have NOTHING TO DO WITH HERMIES!!!!!! Go read a book or something. I saw uncle herman on their fem WW...that does not make me a shitty grower. It makes those fem seeds sensitive! Below is a pic of my SHITTY grows

picture.php

hempluvr

plant pimp
Veteran
One other point. I got a bubba cut in 97 and kept it for 3 yrs until calamity hit and during that time, igrew and witnessed numerous grows of the cut. I feel that much of the discussion about Bubba is misinformed.

Every grower that has ever grown Bubba has dusted it with somenthing and growers have been hitting bubba with pollen since day 1 in an attempt to replicate her character. Ive seen enough bubba and attempts to cross it to know that Ghs bubba is just that: bubba thats been crossed with something. I havent seen Cali's C.'s but is suspect its the same.

Whoever made the cross that Greehouse is now selling did a good job. The plant retains the bubba high and increases the yeild considerably. Its worth every penny theyre asking for it. My buddy bought and grew out a 10 pack and it was a nice grow which led me to order some. Worth every single dime, IMHo you cant buy better cannabis from anyone for 50$.

cc bubba is not a cross it is an s1..ghs bubba is BUBBLEGUM x whatever the fuck. GHS bubba cut is from Apothecary,and they did NOT have real bubba. They had that shit they gave ghs. Which in itself might be a nice strain but in NO WAY IS IT BUBBA KUSH. Simple as that. So,let`s get this str8..ghs bubba is real bubba kush then WTF is the pre98 bubba...shall I call that sour diesel? I think NOT! Plus for $50 go get some fractal genetics, or mandala..plenty of good breeders with cheap seeds. Breeders who tell you EXACTLY what is in their strains..not making s1 of whatever and calling it whatever they see fit...like I said,what shall we call pre98 or katsu if ghs has bubba?

cr0n

ICMag Donor
Veteran
my experience with them has been positive. I have tried SLH and exodus cheese. Both were some of the best seeds I have purchased and I have ran a lot of different strains (at least 30).

moondawg

ummm...have u ever grow casey jones or anything thai? Well they tend to hermy WITHOUT any issues at all. The fact a plant throws a nanner does not mean there was issues with the room. Some strains just DO IT. Grow a casey jones cut and see for yourself. Or grow something with casey in it. So ya,inexperience and shitty growing SOMETIMES have NOTHING TO DO WITH HERMIES!!!!!! Go read a book or something. I saw uncle herman on their fem WW...that does not make me a shitty grower. It makes those fem seeds sensitive! Below is a pic of my SHITTY grows

View Image

I dont think ive grown anything with thai in it hempluvr. Yes, ive heard they have male flowers. One of my favorites, blueberry throws out a few male flowers along with several other strains i like. Those male flowers come after the 6th -7th week of flower and are a natural part of some cannabis and dont hurt a single solitary thing. So what if you find 5 seeds in your lb of smoke? Sometimes theyre sterile. Thats the nature of cannabis.

Regaurdless of the breeder or the nature of the seeds, cannabis plants produce male flowers. Thats not a hermie. A hermie is when a plant produces male and female flowers to the point that the plant is useless and a threat to the whole crop.

Ive grown tons of strains and plants that produced a male flower here and there. Include all strains in that category. NO. Ive never popped a GhSeed that hermied. It takes major grower manipulation and abuse to get a hermie.

hmm major grower manipulation.... rotflmfao again. You must only grow outdoors...

well explain why my ghsc trainwreck(a thai cross....), church, haw. snow, arjans haze and lemon haze did not hermie(but were well below ave. plants cept tw and slh), while growing along side the bubba kush, white widow, white rhino and nevilles haze which hermied so bad some had to be culled week 5.... all grown indoors in the same room under hps's in a ideal enviroment.... yeah i've been at this game a long time(20+ years, 17+ indoors) so i got shit dialed in.....

look i just tell it how it is and all i know is ghsc won't get anymore of my money.

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
moondawg are you saying a female that has bananas on it isnt a hermie or are you saying a male isnt a hermie... j.w

also hempluvr do you know if sour bubble is by any chance one of those plants that falls into that category? i ran some galadriel x sb awhile ago and most popped nanners that were not sterile. ( :) and no i dont think it was caused by me, rest of the room ((that happend to have the cheese and church in it)) was fine lol)

hempluvr

plant pimp
Veteran
moondawg are you saying a female that has bananas on it isnt a hermie or are you saying a male isnt a hermie... j.w

also hempluvr do you know if sour bubble is by any chance one of those plants that falls into that category? i ran some galadriel x sb awhile ago and most popped nanners that were not sterile. ( :) and no i dont think it was caused by me, rest of the room ((that happend to have the cheese and church in it)) was fine lol)

I highly doubt the sour bubble caused your plants to herm. The Galadriel has sour diesel in it. SD will toss a nanner or 2. SD is light sensitive in a big way. A light from a dehumidifier or heater can cause it to hermi. Also,people forget that the ph being off can cause a plant to freak out..medium getting to dry..there are LOADS of variables that can cause that trait to show.

moondawg-a hermi is a hermi...1 nanner or 35835989 of them. 1 nanner shows you that the "hermi trait" is present and obviously active...and mr.brunch is right...blueberry has thai in it =)

moondawg

Of course i am. If a half dozen male flowers makes a plant a hermie, then every strain availble is a hermie strain becasue the presentation of a few male flowers, especially in the last couple weeks of growing is certainly possible and indeed likely regaurdless of the strain.

If you grow 10 plants for a full season outdoors, there's about a 80% chance that one of those plants will respond poorley to the bugs and wind and produce a few nanners somewhere late in the season, but they can be hard to find on a 8' plant and certainly shouldnt qualify the plant/strain as a hermie.

A "hermie" is a cannabis plant that is confused sexually and produces equal amounts of male and female flowers which renders the plant useless as buds will never form. A cannabis plant that throws out 10 nanners in the 10th week of flower is following millions of years of evolution. Its part of nature's design, not a freak of nature.

Latest posts

Latest posts