What's new

Green Crack outdoor, @45N

CARCHOFA

Beautiful colours of the leafs shown at the last pic, it seems a decoration plant!
I love colourfull plants, you enjoy first watching them and then smoking their fruits.
Enjoy!

dirty-joe

Sept 7 update (a couple days late).

Not much change in the plants, but buds getting bigger every day.
Here's a couple shots of "pretty purple pistils".
IMG_3332.JPG

IMG_3333.JPG

Two of the 7 Green Crack plants are this color.
And the resin is building fast two, hard to believe what has happened in the last 5 days.
I've picked a lot of yellow leaves off the roof top gang, and will probably chop one very soon. Yeah, some mold too !

dirty-joe

Update. (day 152).
I decided to take one down today. Yes there was a little fattening up to do, but trichomes are cloudy, and weather man calling for a solid week of rain...and some heavy rain.
ksnip220919-1835.jpg

Just as insurance that it all don't rot.

I didn't see any mold on this one, but culled a few buds that had some black stuff on them.

I took pic, after I had already removed a bunch of the top, it was 61 inches.
IMG_3354.JPG

IMG_3355.JPG

IMG_3357.JPG

And one of outback, taken on the 14th, just shy of 9 feet, and already branches are breaking off. I've tied some support on some branches, we'll see.

IMG_3339.JPG

dirty-joe

Day 165.
I chopped the two outback plants today. There was a quite a bit om mold on the biggest one.
A full 8 hours of trimming, got two more plants for tomorrow. The first ones I cut are about dry enough for a "test".

The big branch on the right was only attached by a thread (I tied it back up), but still managed to get "juice" up it. That branch alone was about 7 feet tall

IMG_3368.JPG

The slightly smaller plant actually had the biggest buds, I'll get a pic. with something for size comparison.

IMG_3369.JPG

IMG_3371.JPG

dirty-joe

Wrap up.
Finally got it all dry, some of it hung for 3-4 weeks, it's just so humid here all the time. It got nearly dry at one point, then next day 98% RH.

Anyway, I lost one entire plant to mold, and a good deal from the biggest one out back, probably without any exaggeration at least a pound was lost. And that why you grow a little extra. Also when I started to get sick of pruning some smaller buds went with the trash.

So I got 3 and a quarter pounds 'in the bag'...in the cooler.
IMG_3377.JPG

That's a 48 quart coleman cooler.

Bud sample.
IMG_3379.JPG

Giving them a little 'burp' on a nice dry, and breezy day, I think 2 days ago.
IMG_3380.JPG

So I guess that's the end of another season.
Now we wait for cold weather, and hash we will make. The goal 100 grams.

dirty-joe

A good result despite the losses. Congrats. :rasta:
Thanks for the comments tobedetermined.

So how did you S. ON grow go ?

PS, yeah here on the east coast, you need to expect losses.
There is no such thing as "mold resistance", if a bug (esp cat. or inch worm) shits in your bud, there will be mold.

Last edited:

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
So how did you S. ON grow go ?

I have pretty much given up with outdoor. I am in the near-northern burbs of Toronto and my backyard just doesn't get enough sun or breeze. Every outdoor grow I have had starts with leaf-eaters that shred the plants early to retard early growth and then PM comes in mid to late August - just when they are nicely flowering. September arrives and budrot season starts. This year I started autos early inside but the shredding kept them too small for the effort required and I harvested an oz and a half from 3 plants. Pitiful. Mother Nature has won the war.

Mitsuharu

White Window
Veteran
So why don't you get them big/bushy enough before bringing out in the garden!? Do you know what insects exactly shred your leafs? Maybe a ring of water or some lime(where they stick to) around the plant would help... Or youse a mosquito net till flowering. Don't give up! 💪

dirty-joe

I have pretty much given up with outdoor
This year I started autos early inside but the shredding kept them too small for the effort required and I harvested an oz and a half from 3 plants. Pitiful. Mother Nature has won the war.
As far as the auto's go, a half oz, is not that bad for those that only have say a 70 day life cycle.
Some years ago I got some Dianafem White Widow auto XXL, they were 'advertised' as yielding 60 to 170 grams outdoor.

Quote;
Characteristics of White Widow XXL Auto cannabis seeds by Dinafem Seeds
  • Suitable for indoor and outdoor cultivation
  • Sex: feminized autoflowering
  • Genotype: Indica dominant
  • Cross: White Widow elite clone x White Widow Auto
  • Indoor flowering period: 80 days
  • Outdoor harvest time: from April to October
  • Indoor yield : 400-450 g/m2
  • Outdoor yield: 60-170 g/plant
I had 2 of them in the woods with a reasonable sized hole, with average soil, and pretty good light. I got about same as you a half oz each, in I think 70 days. I was pretty disappointed getting only one quarter of their lowest claim. When autos start showing pistils at 21 days you know you are not getting much.

Hey I found a picture it was 2017
IMG_2157.jpeg

Longer growing autos say 90 to 100 days can be quite a bit bigger say 1 to 3 oz, some 4 or more, start to flower at about 35-40 days. Super autos some call them ?