What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Green Crack outdoor, @45N

dirty-joe

So, I had made a couple/few posts in other "general" outdoor topics, but I thought it time to start my own thread.

Anyway,
Green Crack, Apr 21 = day 1 (can show).
They went outdoors on May 21 for good.
Today Jun 15, Day 56.
In tires on ground 38" tall.
IMG_3241.JPG

In ten gallon containers, on the roof, 12 hours direct sun, 25-30" tall.

IMG_3242.JPG

IMG_3243.JPG

I took the two bottom branches off a couple plants today and see how quick I get roots. I might like to keep one of these over winter.

Last edited:

dirty-joe

Looking great!

These from seed?

What kind of soil mix/nutrients are you using?
Thanks,
Yes from seed. Got wet Apr 16, Apr 21=day 1

Soil, about 50/50 very old cattle manure, and maple leaf mold / compost (abt. 1.5 years old) plus a very little bit of worm casting, and some proper finished compost.

Container size, the recycle bins are filled to exactly 10 IMP gallons, the tires are approximately 15 gallon, and no bottom to stop the roots.

Nutrients, A very little cheap generic 12-4-8 (twice so far), and a heaped teaspoonful of pure nitro once when the stalk was about pencil sized. Ha which was only 15 days ago.
Pic from May 30, notice the white on the ground.
IMG_3235.JPG

The "stumps" are now averaging the size of my thumb. Going to give them another spoonful soon.

I also got some pelletized chicken poop that I may top dress with, again soon (if I do).

EDIT, to add, I just realized I like saying "Pure Nitro" haha. (though in truth is only 36-0-0)

Last edited:

dirty-joe

June 29, Day 70 update.

The outback.
IMG_3249.JPG

56 inches, I think they would have been bigger, but I near poisoned them to death just after last post.

The rooftop gang.
IMG_3252.JPG
These plants are awesome, well 3 of the 4 are. Left 40", center 36", and at least as wide. These get full 12 hours direct sun.
The one on the right kind of LSTed itself. The sprout was quit crooked, and I didn't plant it very deep.
IMG_3253.JPG
In the woods, 59".
IMG_3254.JPG
In the foreground is sour tang.
These only get barely enough light. It will be better next year.

St. Phatty

June 29, Day 70 update.

The outback.

56 inches, I think they would have been bigger, but I near poisoned them to death just after last post.

The rooftop gang.
View attachment 18727971 These plants are awesome, well 3 of the 4 are. Left 40", center 36", and at least as wide. These get full 12 hours direct sun.

I used to use those blue recycling boxes myself.

In my case for Rockwool indoors.

dirty-joe

Update, day 84.
First I only had managed to get one male from my early weed, and I collected some pollen form it the past couple of days, so there will be an early weed / green crack cross, in hopes of bringing the finishing times of the green crack down a bit, so exciting.

IMG_3261.JPG
The roof top gang are doing well, I pruned off another couple of gallons of leaves, and small branches. I'm torn to do so, I don't like to "pick" at my plants, inviting disease with every open wound, but I also don't want to grow small shitty buds...what are you going to do ?
Cutting off a big leaf, leaves a big hole.
44 to 51 inches tall
IMG_3263.JPG
Outback 66-68 inches
IMG_3265.JPG
In the woods 73 inches, foreground sour tang 5 feet.
IMG_3264.JPG

And the early weeds setting seed.
IMG_3266.JPG

Good Luck out there.

dirty-joe

Update, Day 91.
Everything humming along.
The outback 75" left, and 72" on the right. Left I call GC#1, and it has at least one more node than any other plant (22 nodes), it's stump is 2" diameter now, my biggest ever with two months to go.
IMG_3269.JPG

The auto's, about day 70 are finishing up. Note the clone to the right (from GC#1) is growing nicely, and will be coming indoors very soon.
IMG_3268.JPG

The roof top gang 49 - 54", continuing with the under brushing. I'm going to spread them out a whisker tomorrow, the beauty of planters, eh ?
IMG_3271.JPG

And in the woods 80", foreground sour tang 68". Had a "super bud" in the woods a couple of years ago that went to 8 feet, I'm hoping to beat that this year with the green crack, and think I might.
IMG_3270.JPG

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Very nice. I like your rooftop grow. ;)

I am at 43.5 in Southern Ontario a.k.a. a guaranteed WPM zone. When I saw the autos I thought . . . there is his wpm/budrot insurance grow. . . .

dirty-joe

Update, Day 112, 16 weeks.
Got a nice rain yesterday, just in the nick of time as all 3 rain barrels were empty.
Roof top gang 58-64 inches.
I did prune off a bunch more inner bud sites today (small bucket full), thought I was done with that. I don't want small shitty buds taking away from the bigger ones.
IMG_3309.JPG

Front right (Ms. bent stalk) is most developed, I'd say about 2 weeks into flower.
IMG_3312.JPG

The outback, foreground is 90". Stumps are getting thick.
IMG_3308.JPG

The green crack in the woods is 8 feet today, and probably has a bit of growth left as is just starting to flower. Will save the pic. of that till next time.

dirty-joe

Update, day 133, 19 weeks.
Outback, background 104 inches, flower starting to come along
IMG_3319.JPG

Roof top gang 60-66 inches, vertical growth pretty much done. Well into flower. I am concerned that they are "yellowing" a bit too much, too fast. I did add some tripple 20 the last couple of waterings, but kind of late to be adding nitro ?
IMG_3322.JPG

I like how most of the branches of "Ms. bent stalk" are all the same height.

IMG_3324.JPG

Her buds.

IMG_3325.JPG

One has the pink/purple pistils.

IMG_3327.JPG