What's new

Greek Landraces exposed

R

red23

Am remember folks from island here was use jars that you could suck up excess
air and then they was digg them in a ground,living them for 6 months to cure..

Malawi curing gives a lot good answers and gives good info how and what to
do to enhance your weed..
100% I agree with you.Honestly I love edibles, and,I will cob cure first time this year.
My brother, conditioning your body is to me so important if you really want to get "old school" long lasting hits,and,cob curing sure gets you high and tripping

Little Maori in there
:)

Attachments

• IMG_1147.jpg
    IMG_1147.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 29
R

red23

100% I agree with you.Honestly I love edibles, and,I will cob cure first time this year.
My brother, conditioning your body is to me so important if you really want to get "old school" long lasting hits,and,cob curing sure gets you high and tripping

Little Maori in there
People always ask the question "what's your favourite strain?"
A strain that has evolved within a certain culture.History
I'm dealing with the greek gals

R

red23

Am remember folks from island here was use jars that you could suck up excess
air and then they was digg them in a ground,living them for 6 months to cure..

Malawi curing gives a lot good answers and gives good info how and what to
do to enhance your weed..
Politics has been the Balkan's downfall, and when that doesn't work, why is it they cannot leave religion out of it?
So many common things
Balkan Nation......Albanians with their speedboats, greeks with their sativas ,croats with their beautiful woman :biggrin: etc

R

red23

She is definitely making you learn a lot, I love how diverse the cannabis kingdom is :)
I think it was you that mentioned variety?
Growing experience, ok for now, but I've been smoking for over 30+ yrs N. and I still like to choose, pending what on I have to do/feel for the day, or even "seasonal" smokes.
After some sativa hybrids, just lately started mixing it with some Afghani off a friend etc
It's healthy mentally as well as physically to have a choice

Night4wings20

I think it was you that mentioned variety?
Growing experience, ok for now, but I've been smoking for over 30+ yrs N. and I still like to choose, pending what on I have to do/feel for the day, or even "seasonal" smokes.
After some sativa hybrids, just lately started mixing it with some Afghani off a friend etc
It's healthy mentally as well as physically to have a choice

I think that was me yes :)

I agree, having variety is a must if you're a everyday smoker. My Ideal situation is to have sativa for the day and Indica hash for the night. I have some Afghani curing now that I'll make into hash in the winter :)

Are there many indica varieties in Greece from what you know of?

R

red23

I think that was me yes :)

I agree, having variety is a must if you're a everyday smoker. My Ideal situation is to have sativa for the day and Indica hash for the night. I have some Afghani curing now that I'll make into hash in the winter :)

Are there many indica varieties in Greece from what you know of?
I really don't know N.
Actually D.S might be a bit of a help here
I am only familiar with Kalamata Red,Highland strain, and,that first gal sativa/hybrid?
Have tried that island strain I'm after, many moons ago, narcotic trippy, long lasting?,can't really remember, but ........trading routes,North Greece? and northern islands?Balkans had a lot of trading with Asia before even Alexander the Great,and,then with his contribution,I hesitate to speculate ........but
?

R

red23

I really don't know N.
I am only familiar with Kalamata Red,Highland strain, and,that first gal sativa/hybrid?
Have tried that island strain I'm after, many moons ago, narcotic trippy, long lasting?,can't really remember, but ........trading routes,North Greece? and northern islands?Balkans had a lot of trading with Asia before even Alexander the Great,and,then with his contribution,I hesitate to speculate ........but
?
Oh!! and one more strain.
Crete island has another gem.Another exquisite greek dynamite
And here comes a story,.Have tasted from source, and,from seeds taken from the island and grown North of Greece.Mountain regions
The second bud of the same strain, taken away from it's habitat was crap!
Had lost it.Maybe the grower?

Night4wings20

I really don't know N.
?

I'm sure there would something in the realm of hash producing indica. Possibly north eastern Greece, Turkey has been known for its hashish producing plants so maybe a cross over by trade there? Maybe even some from egypt? Interesting to speculate what ever the case is.

While on your travel you might find something special along the way that you weren't looking for :)

Oh!! and one more strain.
Crete island has another gem.Another exquisite greek dynamite
And here comes a story,.Have tasted from source, and,from seeds taken from the island and grown North of Greece.Mountain regions
The second bud of the same strain, taken away from it's habitat was crap!
Had lost it.Maybe the grower?

Maybe the grower or bad seasonal weather for cannabis? Not all landraces/heirlooms are top notch but they hold nostalgic feelings for the old heads, which I can appreciate :) You could probably grow it better if you have seeds of it or can get a hold of them? ;)

Plus one of immediate goals in terms of growing cannabis is preservation of old school genetics. I have plenty of time to grow other strains so for now focus is on preservation :)

R

red23

Things obviously are going faster than I thought.Had a little day trip
Underneath Acropolis ,if you are visiting the beautiful city of Athens
And there's one or two more around

Attachments

• IMG_1175.jpg
    IMG_1175.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 28
R

red23

I'm sure there would something in the realm of hash producing indica. Possibly north eastern Greece, Turkey has been known for its hashish producing plants so maybe a cross over by trade there? Maybe even some from egypt? Interesting to speculate what ever the case is.

While on your travel you might find something special along the way that you weren't looking for :)

Maybe the grower or bad seasonal weather for cannabis? Not all landraces/heirlooms are top notch but they hold nostalgic feelings for the old heads, which I can appreciate :) You could probably grow it better if you have seeds of it or can get a hold of them? ;)

Plus one of immediate goals in terms of growing cannabis is preservation of old school genetics. I have plenty of time to grow other strains so for now focus is on preservation :)
I admire people who dedicate time to preserve landraces.
With a limited amount of seeds, if anyone comes across a landrace, split them and maybe that way, if you give it a bit of a thought, might result to a better overall result, sort and longterm.(Human error, mites etc)
Yesterday ,second time in a year,I come across this one guys work(not a greek strain),and,I stand amazed

Attachments

• IMG_1166.jpg
    IMG_1166.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1167.jpg
    IMG_1167.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1225.jpg
    IMG_1225.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 32
R

red23

I admire people who dedicate time to preserve landraces.
With a limited amount of seeds, if anyone comes across a landrace, split them and maybe that way, if you give it a bit of a thought, might result to a better overall result, sort and longterm.(Human error, mites etc)
Yesterday ,second time in a year,I come across this one guys work(not a greek strain),and,I stand amazed
A bud for a bud
:biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_1471.jpg
    IMG_1471.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_6202.jpg
    IMG_6202.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 31
R

red23