What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

greek landrace strains

orfeas

Veteran
Unknown or Legendary - Greek Kalamata
We don’t often hear about strains from Greece. Harsh domestic drug policy stamped out much of the domestic cultivation back in the 1980s. The sad result? You can’t really find Greek Kalamata anywhere.
very few Greeks haunt this place...no wonder you rarely hear about them cultivars...plenty of old farts out there growing their thing but either ignorant of the net or won't bother talking 'bout it let alone share pics and all...so sheer speculation is what one can come up with...
were you in Greece in the '80s?

:tiphat:orfeas

allaround

very few Greeks haunt this place...no wonder you rarely hear about them cultivars...plenty of old farts out there growing their thing but either ignorant of the net or won't bother talking 'bout it let alone share pics and all...so sheer speculation is what one can come up with...
were you in Greece in the '80s?

:tiphat:orfeas

cheers, just got back from kalamata and the rest. and i agree, there is still a growing scene. So sick of people's inability to understand privacy in greek culture and safety due to a certain lack of it lol.

ctg

Veteran
Looks lovely, some day I may make it to Greece. Being of Greek blood and never having been there is a bummer. Have heard stories of killer Greek herb hope someday to experience some.

D

dino0907

Greek landraces

Greek landraces

Tripy,fruity,special...

Attachments

• IMG_2697.jpg
    IMG_2697.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_2699.jpg
    IMG_2699.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_2700.jpg
    IMG_2700.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 30
D

dino0907

Greek landraces

Greek landraces

Attachments

• IMG_2746.jpg
    IMG_2746.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2749.jpg
    IMG_2749.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 27
D

dino0907

Before the Egyptians,Greeks all trading,in the region, was done by the Phoenicians.If you have a look at their sailing/trading routes you might understand a bit more who they came in contact with.As a trading nation I look for something to bring back which I do not have back home.40yrs ago a favourite of mine in Greece was Lebanese Red hash.I take the word red and Crete has its own red,Kalamata etc and therefore I can assume that Greek sativa has African origins.

D

dino0907

Later on in Greece's history,Asia must have had an influence.Ikaria island is known for its good strain.?

D

dino0907

Greek landraces

Greek landraces

Under 'primitive' conditions,my second Greek Sativa produced this kind of budding.And thats when the trip started.

Attachments

• IMG_2774.jpg
    IMG_2774.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 29
D

dino0907

The clarity of the trip is extremely addictive.Thats why you don't hear so much about her.