What's new

Great movie scenes

Petrochemical

Those slap rounds were fujen ridiculous i love that boy
Thankgawd he and trex are ok. Thankgawd pops was there to plug and get him to the er...my gawd

St. Phatty

Those slap rounds were fujen ridiculous i love that boy
Thankgawd he and trex are ok. Thankgawd pops was there to plug and get him to the er...my gawd

If the ATF wanted to be a Legit organization, they could always offer their labs to do a forensic analysis of the incident.

There is legit concern about the stability of Nitrated Cellulose (typical magnum powder), the presence of metallic impurities, etc.

And the import ammo may well contain less stable deflagrants than Nitrated Cellulose, when it's manufactured.

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
The Revenant

The cinematography of The Revenant captures the splendor of epic, frozen landscapes, and also the tough conditions of survival - and filming - in such a frigid environment.

The Revenant was primarily filmed in Alberta, Canada. The 11 months of shooting were notoriously complicated.

Mexican director Alejandro González Iñárritu (Birdman, Amores Perros) was very clear from the beginning: it would not be a green-screen production; 93% of the movie takes place in exterior locations.

23489197073_b7cd1123f7_b.jpg

All actors are happy having hot tea and relaxing in a studio between shoots. This would not be the case in The Revenant: the filmmakers were looking for remote locations to give the feel of wilderness in snowy virgin conditions.

44882586574_48c32d148a_b.jpg

Most of The Revenant was filmed in Kananaskis Country, an area of parks and reserves in the Canadian Rockies situated west of Calgary. The scale of the landscapes is overwhelming.

44693210115_b15cc4a976_b.jpg

The spectacular scenery of Alberta’s Bow Valley can become an extreme place in winter.

Lead actor Leonardo DiCaprio declared that, only in this movie, he had to do 30 or 40 of the hardest scenes of his career.

39083394880_6eb7358c47_b.jpg

The Revenant crew built the fort Kiowa in Dead Man's Flats near Canmore in Spray Lakes Road, with Castle Rock in the background.

44882586654_c2fd5d54fb_b.jpg

The strange church in ruins, the frontier fort, the Pawnee village, and the mountain of buffalo skulls were sets built for the occasion on location.

39083395920_16c4bcfd44_b.jpg

40184855714_54a3dc11b2_b.jpg

A battle scene was filmed nearby in the Indian Morley reserve, part of the Stoney Nation.

The reserve is located along the Canadian Pacific Railway, between the scenic Trans-Canada Highway and the Bow River, pictured.

46052970392_0d5ed9241f_b.jpg

According to Screen Daily, a crane and horses were transported up to 8,000 feet to shoot a scene near Fortress Mountain Resort.

44882586794_15a3291cba_b.jpg

40184855364_72e60a103d_b.jpg

Fitzgerald sees a meteorite streaking across the sky in the Badlands of Drumheller

39083394520_10a3b2dd6a_b.jpg

In British Columbia, the Squamish Valley was used to film the sequence of the bear attack.

According to YVRShoots, the shoot took place near the river in Derringer Forest.

The scenes with the group of trappers walking, hunting, and setting a fire camp were also filmed here in the Squamish Rainforest, in a place called Shovehouse Creek.

46562520341_66af200207_b.jpg

Now we move to the Kootenai Falls near Libby in Montana, USA. The dramatic sequence filmed here took ten days to complete.

This is the same location as the 1994 film The River Wild with Meryl Streep. According to this local newspaper, the director of photography edited the background of the falls with footage of snowy hills filmed in Argentina.

44693210015_d4551d502c_b.jpg

The last scenes of The Revenant were shot on the southern tip of South America. The small Olivia river near Ushuaia (Tierra del Fuego, Argentina) was the unplanned final set to end such an arduous and challenging production.

Film director A.G. Iñárritu stated that he will never again make another movie like this, because “I am a crazy man, but not stupid”.

SOURCE: https://www.atlasofwonders.com/2016/01/the-revenant-filming-locations.html

The Revenant

RMS

:smoweed:

armedoldhippy

Veteran

he LOOKS "thoughtful" sitting there staring at what is left of his rifle. i just wonder if he is thinking "that was pretty damn stupid, to do it TWICE! WTF was i THINKING?" or is it more like "i bet that will never happen again. i mean, what are the odds of it going "kaBOOM!" three times in a row....":biggrin: hell yes! GO for it, dude...:bigeye:

Latest posts

Latest posts