What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

!!!GRAVITY USER WARNING!!!

wikidcalibudgrl

:chin: that plant looks Awful dark too... over fed a possability?? :confused: & :yoinks: a $100 a bag for lava!!! OMG~ Use hydroton:wink: Hope this all works out well for you and your garden....

BlindDate said:
Because where I am from the lava rock costs $100 /bag.

$100/bag? Where the fuck do you live, inside a 7-11 twenty years in the future?
Perhaps the next time you're in California trying to get OG clones for $1000/cut (LOL), you should plan on stopping at a Home Depot.

And yes, I declare "shenanigans" on your post.

cid420

vern equinox maybe the crazy postal worker's took over his town and tax all mail 96% , dont be so fast to declare " shenanigans " :yoinks: :fsu:

G

dutchmasters advanced stops the stretch without the need for superbud

ive tested it a little lol

Last edited:

BlindDate

Veteran
Just kidding about the $100 Lava Rock...But seriously, DO NOT re-use media after a grow where you applied Gravity.

But for all the smart asses out there, go ahead and try it for yourself, and then come back here and post your sick plant pictures so you can get a flood of fools saying you have a nutrient/Ph problem.

I knew that....

It's a growth hormone that ceases verticle growth.... Then if you try to veg in there.....good luck! You will get little to no verticle growth... Hence the purpose of the product!

Why are you re-using medium?

Eel River Hydrogradens ROCKS!

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i wanna hear more results from people who tried to reuse their coco after using gravity.

im about to use this shit, but I dont know if i feel like wasting hundreds of dollars in coco. maybe the extra weight could compensate for my losses?

im thinking it might be isolated to just lava. there would HAVE to be more then 1 person with complaints other then you BD. no offense, just a stats kinda dude

Last edited:

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
PURPLEMAN420 said:
GRAVITY IS FOR THE END to make the buds more denser why did u use it so early?

havent used it yet... i got a sample bottle of it, and decided to do research before i used it..

:joint:

accessndx

♫All I want to do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom..
Veteran
These are the same cats that make Purple Maxx.....I used it because it had been given so much hype and I couldn't sift through all the B.S.. I decided to give it a whirl myself. I have been experimenting with its' use on Ed Rosenthal Super Bud. I only grew this strain out 1 time prior. It was just a test for future and bigger runs. The first time I grew it out, it was small, but healthy lush and green. It took 60 days to finish. I used Purple Maxx on 2 other Ed's in a second run. They are contained in the same ebb and flow setup with a few other strains that were NOT exposed to the Purple Maxx. What happened was interesting to say the least. Applications are supposed to be done weekly. I sprayed the gals down as indicated on the bottle (was even a bit more conservative). No problems....in fact it appeared that they liked it....and started producing what appeared to be more resin. Second application 1 week later....within a day or so of spraying....the coloration in the fan leaves changed to light green and appeared the way they should toward the end of the flowering process. Within a few days of that fan leaves were falling off like the plant was fully done in 30 days as opposed to 60. The white pistils which usually change to orange at the 6-8 week mark were fully orange and mature looking. From the looks of things the plant had accelerated its' entire growth cycle. After that I put the brakes on it....

The bottle stated that whatever is in it causes the plant to uptake nutrients more rapidly...hence less nutrients were necessary for growth. It warned to look for signs of nutrient burn...etc. The only thing that was listed as an ingredient on the bottle was: Organic acids and Amino acids.

The plants have "rebounded" a bit, putting off new white pistils and growth, but there is a uniform yellowing that none of the other plants have. Only the ones exposed to Purple Maxx.

I'm not sure if it directly caused burning of the leaves or if it in fact did make the plants more susceptible to nutrient burn.....but I'd be reluctant to try it again for now. The label also warned about using the substance in a reservoir for hydro setups...stating that "it hasn't been done before...but if you do....make sure you're NOT using an aerator or air stone". I have NO idea why that suggestion would be made....not aerating your reservoir is a bit silly because it's just oxygen...

Anybody else experience this or have input regarding the disclaimer not to aerate reservoirs?

Weedninja

Hey access, long time no see:)
Maybe because it is designed to be a foliar spray, it has a spreader/sticker in it that foams. I use Ivory dish detergent as a wetting agent and once I accidentally poured water containing it into my bubble cloner. The results were pretty comical.

- ezra -

.strangelove.
Veteran
DONT USE THE SHIT!

These types of products are for the money grubbing type of commertial grower who could not care about anything except weight, giving no regard for quality, or for the end user. So much of this crap bud around, you can spot the buds that have been treated with this type of shit. Straight away I can tell what I am looking at, and the finished product is worthless. I would not smoke it if you paid me.

The buds come out super dense and spongy, like a hard sponge type of texture, totally fucked. No smell, taste like shit. This is what happens with the use of this type of product. If you want weight, please dont resort to this, use good quality nutrients, some PK boost, and CO2 and you will have the weight without turning the buds into poison garbage!

humble1

crazaer at overgrow 2.0
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i think there was a call for folks who've used all three products.
never re-use coco subjected to gravity or bushmaster, unless you prefer stunted plants.
one buddy gave me the best report i've heard yet on reusing after those two:
yield was the same, plants were just half the height...... on OG.
purple maxx isn't as durable in the media, especially if you use it in conjunction with regular flushing.
p.s. phosphoload works like Bushmaster at a reduced strength.
that said I usually use a touch of two out of three, depending on strain.

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
So does anybody think if i used Gravity and @ 1/2-1ml/gal and also used purple maxx at 1/4 -1/2 strength, that i would get a higher yield without reducing quality? Also...Because the doses are so low, do you still think enough of it would stay in the media to affect plant growth on the next run?
Im at 3rd to last week of flower and i cant raise my lights higher so the leaves are slightly yellow and the margins are pointing up. It says not to apply to stressed plants, just how stressed do they mean? A lil bit of light burn on the leaves has only ever made my buds more resinous, although it does stress the plant and reduce yield. What do ya think bout all this guys?

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
i have used em..... my buds tasted fine.. grew fine.... smoked fine... a lot of haters in here. with any new product start small app. and use your instinct.. so the stuff isnt for every one, i enjoy them, but they are not neccessary for growing top notch dank. i tried to see a yeild increase on strains, when i run out, i will try to notice a decrease. but at all time healthy. and unless you are super broke or extremely remote... quit being so cheap and buy new medium for every run. for the price, that kind of piece of mind when growing is worth every cent.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
I just got a sample bottle of Gravity from a friend who got it with a 400w MH system he won in a grow shop raffle and he gave it to me cuz the guys at the shop said not to bother with it so I'm the test dummy which is fine with me.. It's funny my buddy was shown how to grow one way from a friend who works at a shop and since it works ok he's scared to try new things but me I'm all about finding a cheaper way to get quality buds so I'll post what my results are cuz I'm testing it on a strain I've ran a few times now

Retardo Motabon

Seenyourmember:0
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've personally found both Gravity and Bushmaster to produce different results depending on the strain. I've used both on about 8-10 different strains with mixed results. My old skunk cut loved both. Flavor was just as good, finished 7-10 days quicker and buds were more dense. No loss of aroma. On Willies wonder, both products beat the crap out of it. Blue Dream, no positives, no losses. On L.A. Confidential, the buds and stems were spongy soggy like as someone mentioned earlier in the thread. The dried bud smelled like fan leaves, and had much less flavor. Honestly I never finished smoking that plant. It wasn't enjoyable. After playing around with both products for a year on and off, I've stopped using both. IMO these products are like buying a dream. If you don't want all the stretch, get better lighting, tie them down, or change the veg cycle. If you want a yield booster during flower, there are plenty, plenty that list whats in the container too.
RM

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
That plant looks more like it was overfed with nitrogen out the ass.// can you explain your growing conditions like PPM how big the plants were when they started this issue and what the ppms were how often fed and so forth?