What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

!!!GRAVITY USER WARNING!!!

BlindDate

Veteran
Well guys, this is what happens to your clones if you try to reuse medium that was subjected to Bushmaster Gravity from the last grow. Grown in Lava rock, washed the crap out of it and still!!!

Talked to the manufacture who confirmed the problem (Yet did not mention it in the instructions). And don't even think about using the stuff with Coco.

radium-

I prefer hydroton think it washes off a lot better than lava rocks... still looks like theres white salt buildups on that pic but that just might be the way the rocks look... are you sure tho that is the cause of your plants probs? Looks like overwatering or some kind of deficiency to me...

Sleepy

Veteran
wow... :yoinks:

will you grow that one out?

what is the dosage of the bushmaster?

how much was left in the lava?? :chin:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
yeah man please give us the details. wtf is bushmaster gravity? what does it do? apart from killing your plants?

G

Its a pgr, which means you can't 'wash it off' so you can not reuse the media.

BlindDate

Veteran
Thanx chodo. The bastards that sell the stuff gave no warning whatsoever. I spent 2 months going through clones wondering wtf could be happening. The first most obvious conclusion is a nutrient problem, but my nutrients were perfect. Now I will change all my media. I should also send them a bill for $100,000 which is what this delay cost. They say the Mafia was invented to be police for people who cannot go to the police, or in this case a courtroom. These guys need a visit.

Bushmaster is supposed to work the same as Superbud did.

Gravity is a flower hardener (adds weight).

If you use Gravity, never reuse the media and clean out your res, nutrient lines and anything that ever came in contact.

Last edited:

Bonzo

Veteran
Very sorry about your situation BD, that really sucks. thanks for the heads up though.

peace

bonz

TNTBudSticker

Veteran
Sure it didnt drop your PH ?

This happened to a Blueberry when PH went 5.2 from 7.0 .

.Never recovered..Now thats a PITA

G

Gravity may also be a pgr... but I think the bushmaster is what caused it. You should know what is in your products, halting vertical growth is not normal, so you would have to permanently (systemically) initiate this in the plant.

BlindDate

Veteran
I did not use the Bushmaster, only the Gravity. I've used Superbud in the past and have never had a problem on the next grow. There is something in Gravity that just cannot wash out of the pores. Anyway, the manufacturer confirmed a problem and said that they are going to change their instructions and warnings.

G

How much weight did the gravity give your first crop above normal? I'm about to try some, just got some ordered!

BlindDate

Veteran
To be honest, the difference was barely noticeable. Not at all worth the cost and hassle. At least for me. It also eliminated the nice fruity aroma that my buds normaly had.

Last edited:
G

With bushmaster I still have smell, only it comes later on, week 5. Rather than week 3... chocolate trip responded fine with smell at week 3.

mace_ecam

Playing with paclobutrazol is something i did once, that was enough for me to decide not to do it anymore, its a growth retardant.
Mothers threated with it would give freak cuttings, stays in the soil for a long time, not used in food crops except by cannabis growers.

darken

Humboldt County's Own Bushmaster and Gravity have worked great for me. Just use small measurements at first.

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
Paclobutrazol has been on the blacklist as a possible carcinogenic (causing cancer), but nothing conclusive has been established. Even if it's harmless, it's hardly a product you bring into your all organic zen garden.

Latest posts

Latest posts