What's new

Grapevine Sour Bubble BX4/1IX

shaunmulok

Don't drink and drive home, Smoke dope and fly hom
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great looking plants, nice and healthy, cant wait to get my hands on some Grapevine gear it is on the top of my list next to try, but until then i'll be watching:yummy:
Goodluck with the grow
Peace

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I appreciate y'all stopping by, and all the kind words!

I for sure do not find these plants to be of commercial quality, unless you are pulling the NY $100 eighths. This is connoisseur weed.
I chopped a tester branch from this first harvested plant last week. Stuff smelled like straight up candy after it dried. The smells before are subtle and a bit affunky. She be straight up dandy candy now.

Even as long green, the weed smoked very tasty, though a bit strong. This is heavy weed. Kushish fire. I can't wait to have some jar cured of this fired up.

Two issues...
My picture taking sucks. I forget all I try to learn. I'm to worried about growin pot I spose.
And, I have domestic issues getting some good shots right now. I can get some in, but I have a short window. But I will get some of each as they come down.
The first one is hanging. Next up, there is a pheno I call "black jack". Again, not a good yielder by any stretch, but the buds look oh so tight and colorful.

FIrst things first....
Chopped at 67 days. It has only about 5% amber, if that. It should go about 10 wks, but I liked the tester fine, so down she comes.
picture.php

picture.php

I popped a bud off of this branch (these buds pop off the stalk with barely a nudge anyway) to show how the CMH bulb effects just about all the plants I grow under it.
picture.php

picture.php

I took a back-up shot of the whole plant, and it sucked worse. Sorry.
(all the fans are gone)
picture.php

Grand Funk

Nice budz there HYD!! Ever get any that smelled of rotton salami?? Just askin' cause I got some original SB's and one pheno smelled like candy on the stick, and the other like someone shit in the deli cooler. Saved a bunch of clones of each so we'll see here in a few months if they out perform the seed plants.

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey, GF. Thanks for the kind words.
No, no meat phenos lol...
So far my SB is all candy once it dries. It is very subtle before that. Well, subtle compared to lots of other stinky strains.

picture.php

picture.php

That heavy dark purple of the leaves and stems can be mostly attributed to the UV's that my CMH is puttin out. It does that to nearly all stems that get real close to it for any length of time. Only seen one or two plants that didn't take the purple bleaching.
Well, I spose being that plant has been flushed for quite some time now, and it lives in about 65degF....that may have some to do with the coloring.

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
All of my SBBX4 1IX are down.
As circumstances would have it, I was not able to get pre-harvest shots of the last two plants. I will post up dry pics soon.

These plants do not yield for shit...OK, I got the bad out of the way. lol...
But I see lots of these kush type plants also suffering from low yield. This is connoisseur dope IMO.

The buds on three of these plants never did fatten up a whole lot, but they were very dense and hard nugs. One plant I grew in FFOF only, fattened up the best, and it was only in a 1/2 gallon pot! (shrug)
Smell was subtle until dried, then they take on a lovely candy funk smell. Intoxicating candy.

The smoke of the first chops is fine as wine.
Takes very little cure to get it very nicely smokable and flavorful.
First few pulls from a bowl are wonderful, and it takes on a much fuller heavier finish at the bottom of a large bowl...cough city.

Shit is hard to break up for a doob. Wants to ball up in a greasy wad, even when bone dry. I know I am going to savor the bubble I run from the trim!

The high...is indica-ish. Can put you to sleep on a whim. I am not much on indica, but this stuff is good indica.
I did have one sativa-ish pheno that the buds spiraled and foxtailed a bit, I am hoping it has a racier buzz. But so far I have to give this weed a solid smoke 8.

I have revegged the plants, and one kicked the bucket.
The others look like they will be fine, and I have them outdoors. Hopefully they will leaf before the middle of Aug and bud again.
I won't be keeping any of these plants. Not that they wouldn't make great personal stash...they just are not keepers, IMO. Although they were very robust, and produce some of the finest herb one could want.
I have too many other things going to dedicate the room to them.

It may have been that Rez was correct when he told BOG he needn't bx the sb again, and the the 3rd was primo. Once more may have jeopardized the vigor somewhat...as I have seen BX3's blow these away as far as yield is concerned. Just my observations....

shaunmulok

Don't drink and drive home, Smoke dope and fly hom
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for the update sound like a good smoke,
peace and good harvests

G

grapepunched

glad you enjoyed hoosier.
sorry they didn't pound it out for you,
lets see how CF1 and Teresa fare on yielders

peace!