What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Grape Licorice Cookies (Special Bagseed)

ManyManySpliffs

Hey guys!

Just received my free pack of beans for the photo of the month and as fate would have it, I ended up with some Grape Punch and Blush (Blue Kush) from Bog seeds.... I actually laughed out loud. Maybe the universe is trying to tell me something. :biggrin: Looks like some pretty killer flower times on these guys too, which is very much welcome. Maybe I should change my name to "The Grapenator" :laughing:

Hahahaha.. I am the Grapenator! (in my Arnold Schwarzenegger voice) :biggrin::biggrin:

Sport Farmer

Veteran
picture.php

X

picture.php

=

picture.php

:woohoo:

Sport Farmer

Veteran
Yo Happy Times!

Oddly enough, also a bag seed... So I have no clue what he was, but he had some monster fan leaves for his size and was super crazy vigorous... smelled a little of skunk early on but later had no significant odor. More plant life smelling then anything... Probably not one I would keep around if choices were had, but I thought what the hell, lets see what happens with him. I had some extra GLC clones I didn't need and tossed him in a cab with those...

Looking forward to seeing what they reveal... I imagine some very interesting creations may follow. I got a full tent ATM, so I'm waiting for things to clear up before I pop a bunch and see what happens... fingers crossed! Who's goin' with me? :D

Sport Farmer

Veteran
Hello Friends!

Been getting around to my beans I created above and here is a girl that resulted from these beans... All I can say is HOT DAMN!!! The bagseed cross was a great success for me. The smell of the lady is soooo sweet and candy like. I cant even wait to get some of this in my pipe. Unreal smell. It has some minor GLC notes in there, but it's something completely different. Just mouth watering smell... The sativa male really added something special to this combo and I'm glad I kept him around and let him have some hot plant sex with the GLC. :biggrin:

The best part is... these pics are at day 60 and she got a late start flowering probably due to not being mature enough yet.. So I didn't see any flowers for about 22-23 days in.. So I'm estimating she's probably 55-60 day finisher.

No name yet but emmm, so sweet smelling. Cant even describe the smell. My initial reaction to the smell is grape Big League chew, but something else is in there that is fruity. Gonna start another batch of these beans because I'm really loving what I'm seeing so far.. The first run was all males except this one lone girl.. that was a little sad.. lol but I'll continue lookin for what else lurks!

I think the message here is... grow out those bagseeds... you never know what can happen.

Anyway, here she is!

picture.php

picture.php

Sport Farmer

Veteran
Hey thanks for stopping by bilko! Def keeping her around! I got a couple more here that I haven't flowered yet, but they look like females to me, so I may have a few more examples to share soon!

Sport Farmer

Veteran
Hey thanks for the comments, bilko and nickman! Much appreciated!

Time for an update!

The lady got the chop today at day 66. She is certainly a much faster finisher then the GLC is and just smells out of this world. I'm chomping at the bit to get some of this in my pipe!

She turned out super killer for me! She started getting a little purple towards the end there but I would say its much more mild then the GLC is... You can see it slightly in some of the pics. In anycase, I kinda like her more bright green, orange hair "look" then the GLC. She's a little more exotic looking to my eyes. She has some interesting flower structure too. Stacks really interesting and more long column type bud tips. I can totally see both parents in this mix here with this one. I would say this is probably a good 65-75% GLC and 25-35% dad cross if I had to take a wild guess... And I'm kinda thinking that maybe he actually was Cotton Candy because this thing smells crazy candy like. It has some more complex stuff in there that is just indescribable though... Looking forward to seeing what she smells like dried. And to think this is just ONE female out of my beans so far... the only one I've seen flower.. lol - I'm thinking this is only the beginning!

She's going in for a reveg just like the GLC. Already culled the roots and re-potted in new soil and hit her with a blast of N and a few drops of rapid start for good measure.

And I just want to thank all you guys for your inspiration! If it wasn't for this board and the awesome plants people share, and crazy knowledge, I wouldn't have the success I do! So thank you everyone for your continued contributions and infinite amount of inspiration!

Anyway... enough talk... heres her latest centerfold!! Taking today at day 66 as the lights came on!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Ollie

Veteran
Here we go again, thanks for posting in.

Great to see that the trichome density is still ON POINT.

Keep pushing it.

Sport Farmer

Veteran
Hey thanks Ollie! Appreciate it brother! Yeah she turned out super frosty! Super sticky too!

The smoke on the girl above (#5) is curing... takes a lot longer to dry then the glc which was sort of interesting to me. The resin is much more sticky and greasy feeling then then GLC as well, so that may have something to do with it?

First thoughts though... emm, the taste is nothing like the smell which is a huge disappointment for me. It has this sweet pine needle sort of taste to it and I don't really like it to be honest. Funny how it can smell like the greatest shit in the world when its growing and then taste nothing like that once dried. The high is kinda creeper and a bit mild so far but not bad. Its more of a tingly body high sort of effect with a little bit of cereebs in there. Nothing to write home about, that's for sure. Also, the buds were kinda airy and loose... not a bad thing if the smoke is good IMO, but considering the taste and average high, it's not really worth it to me. I'm gonna let it continue curing and give it another test in a month or so, but my initial reaction is that of disappointment so it's probably not going to change much. So she may not be a keeper after all... which is sad.. but comes with the territory. She's got the looks that kill though. :D

I got another girl flowering right now.. She is so branchy and the structure of this one is much more appealing to me. I think she's going to be a winner from the looks of her so far. But you never know until you smoke the stuff as we've seen here and in other threads. I will snap some pics later today after shes perked up a bit more from her nap. But man, killer structure on this one and very much it's own "thing" - Doesn't look particularly like either parent right now and nothing like the last girl (#5) I'll post up some pics later! :tiphat:

Sport Farmer

Veteran
Hey CosmicCharlie! Yeah, I've got her re-vegging right now so I haven't given up on her completely, but... ugh the taste, just not feeling it, man. When I open the jar though... omg, it smells so good... It hit me today when I opened the jar to burp it. It smells almost exactly like XJ-13 if you've ever had that strain. Almost dead on with a tiny bit of pine needle smell. Wished it taste like XJ-13, lol.

Anyway, here's some pics of the next girl in line, #2. She's been around for awhile.. started the same time as #5 but she was actually a runt of sorts in the beginning and I believe she needed a heavier feeding with more special ingredients... since I kinda figured that one out and made adjustments, shes taken off like a rocket and is super happy now! I took these just a little while ago, which is day 7 or 8 of 12/12 I believe. She got fed her transition formula early this morning so shes super pumped up right now and lovin life! But the branching is very nice on her! And I believe the macro is just an indicator of the micro, meaning she is going to have some nice lookin buds. :biggrin: Time will tell though... Let me know what you guys think of her! I think she's cool lookin! Can't wait to see some new buds develop! I love that part! :tiphat:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Sport Farmer

Veteran
Wow very nice girls you got there. I hope I can score like you did sometime.

Thanks man, I hope you can too my friend... Everyone deserves a hot chick in their life. :biggrin: :huggg:

The ladies are about to make a nice batch of beans, GLC included, with my lovely b-witched male, so that may be a possibility in the future.... :tiphat:

picture.php

Hookahhead

I am just now tuning in, but WOW man absolutely beautiful. I really enjoyed flipping through this thread, the pictures along with your description had me salivating the whole time.

I'm a bagseed grower too, I love the suspense of watching an unknown plant from seedling to cure! I live in the tropics, so I flower outdoor. However, I use similar LEDs (SILs) for my veg box and then move them outdoors. You're yet another grower I've seen pulling off dank flowers with this setup. Very impressive, thanks for inspiring others to do their own thing!

Sport Farmer

Veteran
Thank you Hookahhead! I appreciate it! Glad you enjoyed the thread. I'm honored to be an inspiration to others! So thanks for sharing that!

It's been a funny journey ever since I popped that first cookies bagseed 3 years ago. The GLC, in a really funny way, has kinda changed my life for the better. And in more ways then one. It has inspired me to start some of my own projects and creations that I have been pretty silent about. I've got some really special things cookin right now that I hope I can bring to the public fairly soon... And no, it has nothing to do with the bean run photos above, although those will be interesting to get into. For now I'm just diving and taking the leap of faith with this kind of thing! So stay tuned my man!

That special girl in all her glory!

picture.php

:tiphat:

Last edited: