What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Grandma's Spring 2020

Some 'bud' shots:

This is my favorite girl, she's so beautiful and a bit ahead of the rest (left cabinet, back, left):

picture.php

picture.php

All the others are a bit behind her, but still looking gorgeous. I'm a bit sad that it looks like I don't have any purple phenos from the PCK, which I love. I guess it's early to tell, but I remember them showing right away.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

HorseBadoritiz

Hay Granny, I'm a grandpa who grows, so I'm interested in your exploits, but I can't see any of your pics?

Nonetheless, good luck on all you've got going!

QUESTIONS

QUESTIONS

Well, after this overdose of information, if there is anyone looking, I have a few questions:

-Should I add fans inside?

I have zero air movement other than the extraction fans. How much of a problem is this going to be? I have tried every position of the fans I can think of, and even having just a couple blowing at the light, it still gets to 80+RH. I was thinking I could put them at floor level pointing up to raise CO2, and cover the pots with cling film, but this of course would defeat the purpose of the smartpots. Should I try? I is worth it to move air around at the expense of less oxigen available for my beloved microherd?

-Should I get a bigger dehumidifier?

I am using a dehumidifier to dehumidify the whole room where the cabinet sits in. This is of course highly inefficient but I have also tried putting small dehumidifiers (below 1000ml per day) inside the cabinets and they don't do shit. The humidity in the room is around 55% pretty stably. Should I get a bigger unit and lower it further to lower humidity in late flower?

-How much will I yield?
Just for fun, what do you think? If I hit 1g/W I'll be happy. 1.2-1.3 and I'll be VERY happy.

Nutz02 you too!

HorseBadoritiz Thanks! That's weird! I can see them no problem, can you see photos in other posts? Good luck to you too!

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

ANOTHER QUESTION

ANOTHER QUESTION

-Should I rise my light?

One of the three plants in the right is showing what I interpret to be signs of excessive lighting. The other girls are perfectly fine. Other than the tips of the leaf's serrations pointing slightly up, she's fine. Should I rise the light?

picture.php

picture.php

iTarzan

Grandma you need 51 posts before you can post pictures. Right now you don't have any pictures showing. There won't be very much interest until you can post pictures. Go post comments and questions in threads that interest you.

How old is Grandma? Some grandmas were pot smoking, halter top wearing, hippy chicks when I was younger.

gorilla ganja

Ya, can't see any of the pics. You probably have your album set to private.
Also when posting pics If you use the "go advanced" option below you can preview posts. And when you add photos using the 'insert image'
button on the right a box will open of your albums at the top of that box you can pick what size you want the pics to be. Pick original only.

I hope that helps.

Peace GG

Grandma is getting close to 90, and she is more of the catholic lady with tints of anti-establishment revolutionary ideas mixed in and a bit of skin cancer

gorilla ganja

yes, I can see them now. The pics are a good size as well.
Very nice plants you have growing. Very interesting hybrid you made as well.
Best of luck with these, I will be watching the rest of your grow.

P.S. I looked back through and I think you just need more airflow. Instead of pushing the air out of the cabinet try pulling it with a stronger fan. The fan can be located outside the cabinet just run a duct to the top to pull out hot humid air, with enough cfm all the air will be pulled out of the entire cabinet causing enough constant airflow so the smaller fans will not be needed.

Peace GG

Thanks a lot GG! thanks for the kind words, and for the tips!

I also think that a bigger fan would be the optimal solution.

The problem is that the compartment on top of the cabinet is about 28cm tall, and I sleep in the room where the cabinet is. That's the reason why the fans are surrounded by foam acoustic insualtion, housed inside a mdf box, surrounded by foam insulation that is covering the insides of that top compartment of the cabinet. That is also the reason why the fans are pushing through the filter and not pulling, because even though this is less efficient, the filter acts as a silencer, eliminating most of the airflow noise, which makes a huge difference. This is just to say that I don't think I could go for a bigger fan without having to sacrifice my ability to sleep comfortably in my room.

Each compartment is about 2x2x5 feet, which makes a total of 40 cubic feet. I have in each side one 100cfm and two 35cfm fans connected in series, so I think I should have around 200cfm total summing the two sides and accounting for pressure drops from the ducting and filter. This means I'm at about 5 air changes per minute right? Maybe I'm messing the calculations here, but I think that's kind of on the high end of the spectrum no? I'm afraid that increasing extraction further would stress the plants. I don't know, what do you think? I might consider this for the next run. In the meantime, do you think I'll have problems for not having air movement inside? I'm worried about CO2/humidity pockets forming.

Thanks for trying to help Tarzan. Your welcome grandma.

Have a nice thread.

Hey Tarzan!

If you look a couple of messages after yours you'll see my response to your message :)

You are right, I should've thanked you for trying to help!

Sorry I didn't.

Thanks for trying to help!

Even though I'm experienced in life, I still make mistakes. We all carry our little child self inside don't we? Unfortunately, I woke up this morning and I hadn't yet turned ON the my adult self. So I saw your comment and I started frenetically commenting on threads all over the place, trying to get to 50 posts, with the computer resting on my rusty chest and my old beaten fingers typing away and balancing the laptop at the same time.

When I saw the next comment suggesting maybe the problem was that I had my album on private, I turned it public and voila! pics for everyone. I had already gone through 15 or 20 threads trying to find spots where I could post harmlessly. At that point my child-self resented you a bit for the time lost painfully typing empty posts, the garbage posts I left around, and the stress she went through! Looking at it a posteriori, that might explain why I forgot to thank you at that time (I as in my childish self of the mornings)!

However, now my adult-self is fully awaken, and I understand that you are not to blame, you were trying to help out and that's what counts! Thanks a lot! I hope you and your good intentions decide to stick around :)

Thanks Gry!

Actually troutman, the kids are the ones who gave grandma the idea of growing! Grandma didn't even now that weed could be medicinal, and now has grown, extracted, and successfully used cannabis to treat her skin cancer! She even spreads the word! ;)

hey @troutman, I see you have a chemistry album and a soil building album with worm bin photos. A couple of questions if you don't mind. I live in an apartment. How feasible do you think it is to setup a distillation system to transform my qwet into ecig-able distillate, and a worm bin? Thanks in advance!

Thanks for trying to help Tarzan. Your welcome grandma.

Have a nice thread.

Actually Tarzan, now that it's getting late and my third self is waking up (my kundalini goddess self), I have to thank you again. You not only tried to help. By giving me what could look like wrong advice, you forced me to thank a couple of the people who have influenced me the most in my endeavors, whom I had never thanked! If it wasn't for you pushing me to post around, who know when would I have done it, if ever!

So yes, double thanks!

troutman

Seed Whore
hey @troutman, I see you have a chemistry album and a soil building album with worm bin photos. A couple of questions if you don't mind. I live in an apartment. How feasible do you think it is to setup a distillation system to transform my qwet into ecig-able distillate, and a worm bin? Thanks in advance!

Distilling in an apartment is tricky. But I've done it. I recommend you try distilling water before anything else to learn the process.
Distilling ethanol is fairly easy and wise so you can reclaim the ethanol for reuse. I was actually distilling in my bathroom by using
my entire bathtub filled with cold water and a pump to chill my condenser. The key is to distill very slow with only enough heat to
get a distillate coming over dropwise. Fast distillation can be dangerous. Remember no smoking near any solvent distillation.

Setting a worm bin is fairly easy. :tiphat: