What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Grandma's Spring 2020

Now that I see her standing there alone I'm realizing she's fucking huge!

I'm used to microer grows, this is probably one of the biggest plants I've ever had! And I say one of the because she's not the biggest of the bunch, the one in front was definitely bigger. For some reason, while the screens were in place, the plants seemed WAY smaller to me. Fucking visual illusions. Now I understand why it was so hard to keep humidity on the low side... they were three monsters crammed up in there! (I know, for most people highlighter-sized buds don't belong in 'monster' plants, but again, I'm used to smaller stuff.

picture.php

Also, this one is having more time and is definitely the thickest so far, I guess I could've waited a bit longer to pull the trigger on the first ones, but given the drying space constraints and all it's going well.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Yesterday the two girls that were hanging, after 6 days at ~50% humidity and around 20ºC, were trimmed and jarred. The one that was in the back left, which isthe one that had the most rot overall, produced only 18.3g of trimmed buds and 13g of larf, plus all the trim and several nuggets we vaporized while she was still flowering (the healthy parts). The other one, the one in front, produced 36g of trimmed bud and 15.3 of larf.

After jarring those two plants, the space in the drying box was immediately occupied by the third and last lady from the right side, which had some huge nugs in comparison to all the others.

There are only two left to go, on the left side, and they will go down tomorrow morning, and after I'll get the six ladies on the same side of the cabinet with one of the hlg65s to start revegging them.

As far as weight goes, I think the effect of the genetics and the lights are clearly discernible. This is one of the genetics in this population with fatty buds and it's under the best light, and is by far the chunkiest of the bunch.

After trimming on top of a screen I scraped some bouncy trichomes underneath which easily clumped together when pressed on a silicone mat. It's rock-hard, shiny, resinous, melty and delicious. I've been dabbing on it and smoking it in the bong all day, what a delight. It was a looooong time since I smoked resin of this quality. I was planning on making solvent extractions or rosin but I may just go back to good old hash...

Also, I sampled the first plant that went down and it's pure fucking chocolaty sweetness. I'll elaborate when I have the time.

Some photos of the ladies revegging:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

This one has some bananas:
picture.php

Most of the harvest dried:

picture.php

This is 220g counting trimmed and untrimmed buds, which I guess is not very informative. I also have a couple of jars fresh frozen from each plant so I guess it's kinda pointless to calculate g/W. I was just tired of trimming so the last three plants are all untrimmed. If I ever decide to trim them I'll post the trimmed weights.

Last edited:
This were the last two girls drying:

picture.php

I tried noreason's hashish technique with some of the fresh frozen from the first plant and it was not very successful. I think I didn't cut the funnel correctly so it didn't seal properly so the air pump struggled to unclog the funnel so it took FOREVER to filter it each time, so everything went south pretty fast. I just got a couple of hits of really good hash and ther rest got cooked in some coconut oil.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Here's one of the water hash (black) with some headies from the trimming:

picture.php

Here's some very white ash:

picture.php

This one smells like my mother's cotoletta:

picture.php

This is the untrimmed little nugs from the chocolatey purplish love of my life which has been keeping me thoroughly baked for a couple of weeks now (along with the cotoletta and my iq):

picture.php

Some larf from some plant (I foresee a lot of hash making in my near future):

picture.php

Small update.

I decided that the Chocolate and Cotoletta smelling phenos were worth keeping, and not being able to keep clones long term in my current situation I decided to make some seeds.

I had pollen from PCKxSkunk, Purple Passion x Old Time Moonshine, and a Nepal Jam, and I pollinized the to keepers that I had plus another of the phenos from last run, which actually has the shittiest bud structure but good smell, and which I planted just because the clones were in good health and I had space, not because I wanted the pheno that much. I figured, though, that having some extra seeds wouldn't hurt, hence why I pollinated her as well.

Summer is hot as fuck here so I wasn't planning to grow during this season, but then I thought actually it was a good opportunity for a low maintenance seed run, so I put three plants in each side and kept them pretty small. It has been a breeze. Low ambient humidities have allowed me to go dehumidifierless, and I sincerely have neglected these ladies to an extreme extent, yet they are delivering and the seed pods seem about to burst!

Shit I just realized icmag downsizes the images, I was hoping I could put my new camera to use.

Right side:

picture.php

Chocolaty PCK x Skunk:

picture.php

picture.php

Nepal Jam:

picture.php

picture.php

Also, here's a bit of fresh frozen QWET I made from the chocolaty pheno:

picture.php

I don't taste the soap taste some people report with fresh frozen QWET, but I agree fresh frozen QWET is inferior to fresh frozen butane oil. It tastes ok, but nothing compared with the terpene explosion I expect from fresh frozen. Also, doesn't behave like the fresh frozen I'm used to (no immediate auto-buddering, actually pretty difficult to turn it into something malleable from the hard glass shatter it was).

gorilla ganja

Well done on the seed run. It doesn't take much space to keep you in seeds for years.
Sounds like some nice hybrids.

Peace GG

Hey GG!

Well done on the seed run.

Thanks!

It doesn't take much space to keep you in seeds for years.

I think I put the pollen in a bit too early, so there were only a few flowers ready, so I think I'll get like 5-6 seeds per cross. Still, enough for a few rounds, and gives me reasons for doing more seed runs!

Sounds like some nice hybrids.

My plan for next round, coming up soon, is:

4x Zamaldelica (ACE)
2x Chocolate Mint OG (HSO)
1x 707 Headband(HSO)
1x Bubba Kush(HSO)
1x Gorilla Breath (HSO)
1x Blue Fire (HSO)
1x Amherst Sour Diesel (HSO)
1x Lemon OG Candy (Philosophers Seeds)

I decided to go for a multi-strain grow because I miss having a bit more of variety (I've gone through half a pound of the PCK x Skunk since last harvest and I LOVE it, but still miss variety). However, I know it's gonna be a pain in the ass to build a canopy and I don't think it'll happen very often, so I'm considering making it a seed run as well! That way I could have 20-30 different crosses to have fun with over the next few years. At the same time I kind of want this one to be productive so we'll see...

Latest posts

Latest posts