What's new

Grab your sunglasses! 6K Inside!

Sick fucking grow man,was this with the blumats or hand watering? I have a 35 plant 6K grow with 4 footers in 7 gallon pots and am really getting close to pulling the trigger on the blumats but I am agonizing about how to fertilize when using them. I have a remote grow that I can only get to every couple of days and am concerned about them clogging if I stick with my organic nutes,also was wondering about res temps and if they would be as important as they are in a full on hydro setup. Any insight or pics of killer plants grown with the blumats would be very appreciated ,thanks.man.[/qu

We had blumats set up for this run it was one of the better growing gear investments i have made. We just had ours plumbed with pure water then 2-3 times a week we would come through and fert by hand. My idea for my next spot is to have 2 res's one for pure H2O and one with fert, whenever then need fert close the valve on the H2O tank and open up your fert tank. It would take some time to dial in as to how many gallon of fert you need to mix etc... just like with anything else but it would be tits once it's figured out.

A friend of mine has been telling me that our results won't be as good because of the fact our pure line is currently plumbed into our cold H2O for the house. I didn't see and noticeable difference but you never know how it affected yield. In the future with a res i will control temp because if you can why not?

The only thing to watch out for with Blumat's is they can and WILL get stuck open so it is good to have a large drain tray for runoff or to have your room plumbed to drain. I have only had this happen twice once due to user error and once due to Blumat's failing either way not fun make sure you have a drain!!!!!

hope that helps!

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ty for the info on the blumats,i been itching to buy some too man...how many comes in a set if i could ask you bro?my shop doesnt carry them but they will order anything for me...id need like 75 or so how many sets would that be?
thanks in advance.
peace-T-

cobcoop

Puttin flame to fire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow, props man, shit looks great! Ahh the beauty of unfinished basements! Nice work.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Interesting setup man, looks good! Couple quick questions:

Distance from bulb to canopy?
Veg time/wattage?

I was gonna say that I thought your lighting might be more efficient with a pair of bulbs instead of a trio per stack, but looking at the latest pics it looks like you did fill the canopy all the way to the ceiling.

Any changes in store for the next round?

Grow on buddy!

Sick fucking grow man,was this with the blumats or hand watering? I have a 35 plant 6K grow with 4 footers in 7 gallon pots and am really getting close to pulling the trigger on the blumats but I am agonizing about how to fertilize when using them. I have a remote grow that I can only get to every couple of days and am concerned about them clogging if I stick with my organic nutes,also was wondering about res temps and if they would be as important as they are in a full on hydro setup. Any insight or pics of killer plants grown with the blumats would be very appreciated ,thanks.man.[/qu

We had blumats set up for this run it was one of the better growing gear investments i have made. We just had ours plumbed with pure water then 2-3 times a week we would come through and fert by hand. My idea for my next spot is to have 2 res's one for pure H2O and one with fert, whenever then need fert close the valve on the H2O tank and open up your fert tank. It would take some time to dial in as to how many gallon of fert you need to mix etc... just like with anything else but it would be tits once it's figured out.

A friend of mine has been telling me that our results won't be as good because of the fact our pure line is currently plumbed into our cold H2O for the house. I didn't see and noticeable difference but you never know how it affected yield. In the future with a res i will control temp because if you can why not?

The only thing to watch out for with Blumat's is they can and WILL get stuck open so it is good to have a large drain tray for runoff or to have your room plumbed to drain. I have only had this happen twice once due to user error and once due to Blumat's failing either way not fun make sure you have a drain!!!!!

hope that helps!

Excellent info man,that is exactly the kind of grow I wanted to see from someone using the blumats before I pulled the trigger. I think I am going to roll with your method and just run plain water through my blumats from a 30 gallon rez to limit any possible flooding. As for fertilization I suppose I can just water by hand once a week with a nice dose of organics or use a super soil that doesn't need any nutrient added for the life of the plant. Does anyone else reading this thread have any input on running nutrient through the blumats?

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
I run nutes through my blumats, no organics in my indoor grows though, I've never had one that could outyield salt-based nutes. I use an RO filter so my overall nute concentrations rarely exceed 700ppm, but even still I run H&G Drip Clean at .5ml per gallon to keep the drippers clean and prevent buildup in my soil.

ty for the info on the blumats,i been itching to buy some too man...how many comes in a set if i could ask you bro?my shop doesnt carry them but they will order anything for me...id need like 75 or so how many sets would that be?
thanks in advance.
peace-T-

If you have an irrigation supply parts store in your area I would recommend only buying the actual Blumat unit and the pressure reducer, everything else should be locally available. We purchased 3 cases of 50 Tropf Blumat Maxi's which are a little longer than the original Blumat. I like these because it seems like it will get a more accurate reading than the original Blumat.

Schrews and Cob.. Thanks!

Kindsmoker- the rez should do ya good. we are running supersoil next round im excited to see what happens i have had a friend do it on a much much smaller scale so it will be interesting to see how well it works. You have any recipes in mind?

Lazyman-- :tiphat:

Thanks for stopping by i have learned a lot following your threads in the past year good to see ya here!

Average distance from bulb to canopy is around 20-24 inches after they flower, we could have them a little closer but i was worried about light burn when we designed the room.

Veg is done vertically as well our "veg" room is 2kw MH hanging by cordsets with a ghetto stadium setup but it rages! After that we move them to the rooms and they veg with 6kw for ~2 weeks before flower, well at least for now the plan could change as we change plant count in the room. I would like to get to the point where we can do 25 per room with a longer veg so we can keep plant count down.

When we veg/prune the plants better i think the 3k stacks will be worth it, our plan is to supercrop lower branches down so not even the sides of the pots on the floor can be seen. The tops of the plants on the floor should reach the pots on the shelf this time so we wont have as much wasted space. If this room was dialed I see no problem hitting 15lbs+ with organic soil/nutes.

Changes for this round.. not many just more airflow (clip on fan's in corner's), and we painted the floor white, we had mylar down but it got pretty trashed from working in there.

Other than that PRUNING PRUNING PRUNING... other words you get lotsa larfy buds.

Good to know you have been running nutes through yours the 1/8" drip line scares me with my organic nutes when it comes to clogging but i guess we could run something like drip clean id never heard of it.

I have been thinking of just using the breeder Subcool's mix,not sure of the recipe off the top of my head but the pics from him and other folks who have used it have me pretty much sold. I am concerned about the plants getting to much N in flowering though,I usually like most of my leaves to be yellow when I harvest but with this mix things appear to stay dark green right through the end..

Lazy-I would not be totally against running salt based nutes but I just wonder how that would work when running into the soil constantly from the blumats,seems like there would be a problem with salt build up in the medium?

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Nah, you just feed a lower concentration when feeding constantly, and some H&G Drip Clean prevents buildup in the lines and the medium. Start the PPM's low and slowly work your way up, no more than 100 ppm per week. ;)

labtec

Wow, I haven't been by here in a while. I love the way it turned out, and the pictures of the room are awesome. Good Job.

M

mrred

g00d job, at what point did you turn the middle bulb off? how much better do you think vertical is?

Labtec thanks! so busy with work i never get around to posting much glad you stopped by though...

Mrred, thanks for coming back around!

All 6 bulbs where on throughout the entire harvest, they where turned off for picture taking reasons.

Overall in terms of light use efficiency(All plants within 20" of bulb) and how much more you can fit in a smaller space i would say Vertical is the way to grow. It will undoubtedly take time to "dial" the room with the amount of strains we grow and how to prune/crop plants to use up all the available canopy space, but when this is done properly i see no reason you couldn't hit 15+ in one of these rooms.(with good organic soil not that hydro nonsense...18 or more with hydro)

The only downside to Vertical i would say is the buds receive 90% of the light they get from only one side. With how we trellis the buds to keep them up it's impossible to rotate so they turn out less mature on the back sides from what i have noticed.

o and it's a pain in the ass to set up, i miss my 5x10 tents!!!(Just kidding!)

The ultimate way though if i was just growing for myself would be something we ran just for fun the Vertizontal. 1k in a hood hanging horizontally with a 1k vertical open bulb directly beneath in a stadium setup.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Yeah I was thinking of turning each of my lights into a mini-stadium, with one elevated ring and one at the ground level. Can't go too high due to ceiling restrictions (6') and the gravity-fed waterers. But then I think I'd be cutting down my side lighting and overlap substantially, which would affect the outsides of all the rings.

gOurd^jr.

Great work! nice harvest of great lookin buds. I like that you keep it organic in soil. Thought I would share my experience with blumats (LOVE'em) and organic soil. In a vertizontal setup fwiw.
I haven't even tried running nutes but with "organic" nutes I would say your beggin for clog issues in those tiny drip tubes. Your better off hand feeding your organic nutes, or just running salts like lazy does. I have heard a number of sources say no problem with salt nutes (they're real soluble after all)
I found after couple runs that feeding 1x a week by hand with organic was not really enough for a big size lady ( I moved up from #7 to #10 felt pots after a couple runs too and it helps keep numbers down, though at the cost of veg time/energy). By the time feeding day came around the plants had been starving for at least a couple days. Brewing ACT, mixing some nutes in after brew cycle, and spreading it around my room takes a couple hrs, more usually since I take a couple smoke breaks and hang around in there oogling all the flowers. I knew I needed to feed more often, but I didn't wanna go through all that 2or 3x a week. I also had a big sack of guano laying around and I kept hearing people's success with topdressing guano for bloom. So I started plopping a little bit under the drip tube in between liquid feeding. it works awesome!
I have been having a lot of success by still liquid feeding 1x a week with ACT/FPEs. Then I also go around in between liquid feedings and topdress RIGHT UNDER the blumat drip tube. Usually guano/EWC/Kelp meal/Dry molasses. It doesn't take as long as hand watering food in. Plus it gets a sorta slow release. I try to give them less food at once and do it more often which the plants seem to agree with. I don't measure out the dressing but its generally around 1-2tspx2 drippers per #10pot. Maybe 1tsp of WC and another that's 1/2 guano and 1/4 kelp 1/4 molasses. Or something like that anyway. Plants respond for sure! buds swell visibly overnight oftentimes, and leaf dropping slows or halts. Last maybe 2-3 days before the gals start showing some hunger signs again and I either repeat or apply liquid feed. I was probably averaging 1xACT and 2x topdress per week during peak bloom. This way they get something every 2-3 days, but I only do the brewing and mixing bit once a week. I'm sure you could do fine with just the topdressing technique once you dial it in for your set-up. ACT every week or two is a good idea in any soil though IMO.

paper thorn

Veteran
Nice set up. I've decided to go back to vertical after using a hood for a spell. As soon as I get a good pair of shades anyway.:smoker: