What's new

Grab your sunglasses! 6K Inside!

Tonatiuh-- I'm in the process of designing/building three other vertical rooms for friends who have limited space, ill get some pics of those one of these days. It's pretty amazing what you can do with vertical setup's regardless of space. I run all 6 inch Cool Tubes because they are all that would fit in my basement, my friends who are doing 2k stacks are using 8" and i think in the long run they will have a much easier time controlling climate.

Sunnydog, Paco, and Buddle.. Thanks!

Thought id post up some pics of the outside of the rooms it's kind of a jungle down there...

First room

Second room

Its a tight squeeze to get to the back..

Exhaust.

I know it's definitely far from being the most efficient HVAC set up ever but it works.. next time ill be trying to set up a lung room so there is not as much neg pressure in the house....

M

MacGyver420

Well it's been a busy couple of months sorry for not keeping this updated but here's what we have been up to.

We are harvesting all of the 9 week strains over the next couple of days the ten week strains will be done on Tuesday so should have dry weight for the room sometime around the Tenth of April. Ill post up some bud shots later on if anyone's interested.

very nice setup in that room for sure throw up some pictures of buds when they dry a little

U

unta

Make sure you come back and post dry pics here or at least a link over. And what was the final yield? Thinking of running 3k vert so basically half your room. Thanks man and great pics of the room when it was finished. Plants look flushed and healthy.

Well trimming is taking a lot longer than expected... but i guess thats a good thing! :dance013:

For anyone that's wondering we had 55 plants in the room it was probably a mistake to have plants in the corners on the bottom row and shelf so next time we are shooting for about 30-40 plants with a longer veg. Here are some pics of the next round should be flowering these in 3 weeks depending on how fast they grow:

Still working on that ill let you know soon but it's looking very impressive on the racks. We have close to 2lbs dried and maybe 80-85% still on racks..

:plant grow:

Doradoguy

When does the next grow start?

When does the next grow start?

Waiting for next go around. Can't wait to hear the totals.

250wscrogger

Nice grow, I'm thinking about setting up something similar with 2 stacks of 2k.

Please don't forget about the final numbers...

Yea sorry to keep yall waiting but we still have quite a bit drying on the racks. Next time im hiring a bigger trim crew i don't ever want to spend that much time in my basement again....

My estimate right now is somewhere between 10-12lbs, we had 12 different strains in the room so everything from an oz of chemdog to a couple of pounds of Sadhu/Cannalope.

We should have final numbers by the end of the weekend and ill post up some more pics as well. We are supercropping/trimming up plants today so we can flower within the next week. This next round we will be doing 6-8 strains in the room, majority looks like it will be Banana Kush and Chem DD, with some Tangerine, Willies Wonder, LAPD, Cannalope Haze and D9's Juliet.

250W: Cool cool love seeing more people switch to vertical. I would definitely go with 8" cool tubes if you have the ceiling height which you should with just a 2k stack. We are running 6" cooltubes in those rooms and this summer might get a little hot. Good luck!

Im going to be buying one of these A/C's for each room have one mounted between each stack of 3k.

http://www.shinco.us/web/ExpertReviews.html

250wscrogger

I'm definately going with the 8'' cool tubes, tees into a 12'' hard duct to 14'' can max fan/scrubber. I plan on leaving the stacks open on the bottom so all the hot air gets sucked out of the room and scrubbed.

I don't think I will be flowering under horizontal again...theres just way too much potential with proper vert setups like this.

:respect:

I'm definately going with the 8'' cool tubes, tees into a 12'' hard duct to 14'' can max fan/scrubber. I plan on leaving the stacks open on the bottom so all the hot air gets sucked out of the room and scrubbed.

I don't think I will be flowering under horizontal again...theres just way too much potential with proper vert setups like this.

:respect:

Sounds good you may be able to get away with a 12" max for 4k, i run one in one of my vert rooms cause i had it kicking around. Next time ill go with a 10" max though, i had to buy a dimmer for the 12" it sounded like a damn jet engine...

Only other thing to think about is you might want some fans in the corners behind your plants to stir the air up it gets pretty stagnant back there when you have a wall of buds.

250wscrogger

yeah thats a good idea, I'll put fans in opposite corners of each room. I will have a seperate veg room so I'll be flowering 20 plants and chopping 20 plants (one of the 2k 8x8 rooms) every 5 weeks. :blowbubbles:

yeah your doing a great job! I have kinda the same setup 2 chambers 3 6's stacked in each. Each "chamber" has 4 levels 25 plants on each level in a square foot print. They are in 1 gallon plastic buckets hydro coco setup. im just about done building it so i hope to see similar numbers maybe more becuase im running CO2.

I figure 100 1 gallon plastic hydro buckets laid with coco should yeild at least 1 OZ per plant minimum. at those numbers thats 6.25 per chamber adding up to 12-13 total which is good by me. Once everything is up and running i will post up details

Almost forgot about this!....

Total dried weight was just shy of 11lbs, not too shabby for the first run we figure we lost at least 1lb due to not properly vegging and pruning good lessons for next round though. Also I noticed my lankier diesel type strains produced quite a bit heavier than my indica dominant strains such as Sadhu.

I had 5 NYCD and 8 Sadhu the NYCD yielded 100 grams less than the Sadhu if we had done all NYCD on that wall i think we would have hit 12+ for sure.

Thanks to everyone for the comments round 2 will start flower this week :jump: so ill be keeping you posted!

Sick fucking grow man,was this with the blumats or hand watering? I have a 35 plant 6K grow with 4 footers in 7 gallon pots and am really getting close to pulling the trigger on the blumats but I am agonizing about how to fertilize when using them. I have a remote grow that I can only get to every couple of days and am concerned about them clogging if I stick with my organic nutes,also was wondering about res temps and if they would be as important as they are in a full on hydro setup. Any insight or pics of killer plants grown with the blumats would be very appreciated ,thanks.man.