What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Governor Cuomo Mulling Medical Marijuana Law In New York

We have a name for people from the city and it is "Cityiots" sorry if your from NYC but come to the woods and that is what you are called until respect is made!!!

Strawbrrygirl ain't even a girl right ?? Yet we are idiots... Homie dump your bitch handle and grow a set ok ??

Peace

igrowone

Veteran
Please please PLEASE do NOT spread information about legal issues if you don't know the facts.

Under 25g is a $100 fine civil citation.
25.5 - 2oz is a misdemeanor with possible up to 3 months time

big difference there.....$100 or 3 months

Realistically, with growing, you're looking at a felony. SOme people manage to get by on probation and skirt the system. However, you can expect each plant to get counted as 1 pound minimum weight, and sometimes more.

16oz-10 lbs carries a 1-5 year sentence with 1/2 of the time mandatory.

That's what you're really looking at for a small (less than 10 plants) grow in NY. Obviously connections, better layers, and plea deals can have huge impacts on the sentence.

http://www.norml.com/index.cfm?wtm_view=&Group_ID=4554

The rest of your information looks good from what I can tell. Just don't know how you try to tell someone a grow of less than 2oz even exists. Its not your cut and dry wight they care about, its anything ranging from the dirt up on the stem to the whole plant+roots+medium. Happy thoughts are nice, but bad info just gets people in trouble.

my bad, got carried away with 2 ozs, over 25g does get into the misdemeanor territory
in practice, many parts of NY are not too hard ass
the small local grows i've seen busts for are typically low in prosecution priorities
they don't seem to be as keen here to do the full weigh out of dirt and the like

bigdaddyc9

Meanwhile whilest myself and countless others are literally dying NY is playing games.USA is playing games.All our reps are owned men.Communist bastages that they are.4 martini lunch assholes.

donny darko

Please please PLEASE do NOT spread information about legal issues if you don't know the facts.

Under 25g is a $100 fine civil citation.
25.5 - 2oz is a misdemeanor with possible up to 3 months time

big difference there.....$100 or 3 months

Realistically, with growing, you're looking at a felony. SOme people manage to get by on probation and skirt the system. However, you can expect each plant to get counted as 1 pound minimum weight, and sometimes more.

16oz-10 lbs carries a 1-5 year sentence with 1/2 of the time mandatory.

That's what you're really looking at for a small (less than 10 plants) grow in NY. Obviously connections, better layers, and plea deals can have huge impacts on the sentence.

http://www.norml.com/index.cfm?wtm_view=&Group_ID=4554

The rest of your information looks good from what I can tell. Just don't know how you try to tell someone a grow of less than 2oz even exists. Its not your cut and dry wight they care about, its anything ranging from the dirt up on the stem to the whole plant+roots+medium. Happy thoughts are nice, but bad info just gets people in trouble.

Well if we are going to stop spreading false info then start here. In NY if busted growing they charge you with misdemeanor cultivation and then send out the plants to the state lab for a "quality test" where they agitatedly remove the buds from the plant stalk and root-ball and weigh just that after 90 days drying, that is you possession amount and then they will charge you with felony of different degrees or amount categories depending where you fall starting at 25 grams because with cultivation they say that it is intent to distribute. So you will end up most likely being charged with a misdemeanor and at least a class E felony, again depending on how much the quality test determines the weight to be. Oh and the 1/2 mandatory sentencing bullshit is for second offenses I believe. But over all with court systems in NY BEING SO INEFFICIENT and the cops and judges being so lazy they will just most like try to get you to plea out sooner than later and get you on probation and in the system and paying fines. That is what NY wants is the money. Don't be in a hurry and get a good lawyer and they will get sick of you after awhile and you have a really good shot at negotiating a pretty lenient out come

darko
sarko

darko

igrowone

Veteran
thank you darko for some very specific and useful information on NY's practices
NY can vary a LOT from locale to locale, strangely enough the NYC/Long Island areas seem to have become more hard ass on cultivation
upstate can be much softer, i've followed some larger grows through the court system which ended in surprisingly low impact outcomes

Treetops

Cuomo says medical marijuana won't pass this year

Cuomo says medical marijuana won't pass this year

He calls in complicated, I call it bull shit!! Now is the best time to get this passed!!!! Come on...

http://www.buffalonews.com/wire-feeds/state/article802898.ece

ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) - Gov. Andrew Cuomo says he understands the benefits of medical marijuana but at this point believes the risks still outweigh them.

Cuomo tells reporters in Utica Monday that he understands there has been more research and the issue can be re-evaluated, but he doesn't believe there is enough time in this year's legislative session to do that properly.

In his 2010 campaign, Cuomo rejected legalizing marijuana for medical use, but has since said he's reconsidering.

Cuomo says New York still has what he calls "a terrible problem" with drug use. He notes that many states that legalized its prescription use also have provisions for patients to grow it at home.

He calls it a complicated issue.

igrowone

Veteran
not great news, but is there a silver lining here?
the part about noting that patients grow at home in other states? that was the part in the current bill that i hated, it was a stinking money grab with a pure dispensary model
complicated is one of the usual smoke screens, maybe we can 'un-complicate' it for him

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well if we are going to stop spreading false info then start here. In NY if busted growing they charge you with misdemeanor cultivation and then send out the plants to the state lab for a "quality test" where they agitatedly remove the buds from the plant stalk and root-ball and weigh just that after 90 days drying, that is you possession amount and then they will charge you with felony of different degrees or amount categories depending where you fall starting at 25 grams because with cultivation they say that it is intent to distribute. So you will end up most likely being charged with a misdemeanor and at least a class E felony, again depending on how much the quality test determines the weight to be. Oh and the 1/2 mandatory sentencing bullshit is for second offenses I believe. But over all with court systems in NY BEING SO INEFFICIENT and the cops and judges being so lazy they will just most like try to get you to plea out sooner than later and get you on probation and in the system and paying fines. That is what NY wants is the money. Don't be in a hurry and get a good lawyer and they will get sick of you after awhile and you have a really good shot at negotiating a pretty lenient out come
I'm sorry darko , but that is just not the case in all countys of NY . I personally know of 2 people that have been busted with many plants (both of which were in the Capitol region ) nothing was dried Or tested , they were all pulled stems rootballs & all & thrown into bags & weighed as is . one grow was 40 hydro buckets of plants in flower for about 2 weeks (no buds structure to speak of ) & he was charged with 57 lbs . his lawer got that amount dropped & he was charged after all was said & done with 2 lbs of dried & bagged buds (felony distribution ). he got 5 years probation & a hefty fine .

but the kicker is ..... the cops didn't take his grow equipment .... they took his 3 big flat screens & his cash , which never came up in his trial .
So not all of NY countys abide by the standereds you speak of . & your absolutley correct that its all about the money here in this greedy ass state .

bigdaddyc9

Keep it small and get a ticket that says "Violation of NY Agricultural law..unlawful growing of cannabis"when you sign a statement stating you grew it for your own use.This happend to me in 1995 in CNY for 12 plants.

igrowone

Veteran
on the weighing process, i did see in my upstate area a seizure that was allowed to dry and the charges then applied
was good size, you seldom see most cases go to that point, which makes it hard to gauge what to expect
but the news article was specific, plants were dried over months, freaky picture in my head of the NY State drying shed

Wise

For those who want to read the Amended Bill:
http://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/sourcefiles/new-york-sb-7283.pdf
(I have not reviewed it at this point)

Summary: "Legalizes the possession, manufacture, use, delivery, transfer, transport or administration of marihuana by a certified patient or designated caregiver for a certified medical use;... directs the department of health to monitor such use and promulgate rules and regulations for registry identification cards." Sets possession limit of 2.5 ounces."

Make sure to email your representative if you have a medical need!!!!!

Wise

Please call Governor Cuomo in your support of medical marijuana for those who are seriously ill and do not want to visit black market drug dealers for their medicine.

This is a safe link and includes a template with talking points.

The issue should be coming up in this up coming session and he is currently on the fence. Perhaps your or a family member's story can help him make the right decision for New Yorkers!

Safe Link To Contact Governor Cuomo

Thank you!

Latest posts

Latest posts