What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Governor Cuomo Mulling Medical Marijuana Law In New York

Treetops

The time has come..Lets hope so!!!

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/07/20/governor-cuomo-mulling-medical-marijuana-use-in-new-york/

Gov. Andrew Cuomo (credit: Mario Tama/Getty Images)
Filed under
Local, News, NY News, Politics
Related tags
Andrew Cuomo, Chris Christie, Medical Marijuana, Sen. Diane Savino ALBANY, N.Y. (CBSNewYork/AP) — Governor Andrew Cuomo, who in last year’s campaign shut the door on a medical marijuana law, now says he’s reconsidering it for New York.

The Democrat said he is talking to both sides of the issue, but hasn’t changed his view opposing the prescription use of marijuana.

In the week before his election in November, Cuomo said the dangers of legalizing marijuana even for medicinal use outweigh the benefits. Cuomo said then that he had smoked marijuana in his youth.

On Tuesday, New Jersey Governor Chris Christie approved that state’s medical marijuana program.

Sen. Diane Savino of Staten Island says New York must follow New Jersey’s lead to help patients of cancer, multiple sclerosis and other diseases.

SOUND-OFF: In Favor Of Medical Marijuana In New York? Share Your Thoughts In The Comments Section…

Bullfrog44

Veteran
Pass it now, its the cool thing to do. But wait, you east coasters don't want to be like Cali now do you? Screw it, overgrow the world!

MIway

Veteran
Damn... NY is a major market holding prices up... doh, did i say that out loud??? ;-)

Would gladly take a cut to the margins if we would stop jailing peeps for the weed.

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
Damn... NY is a major market holding prices up... doh, did i say that out loud??? ;-)

Would gladly take a cut to the margins if we would stop jailing peeps for the weed.

Even if they pass a medical law, they will probably still be jailing people for weed.

I'd prefer decrim all the way.

damn i love the blackmarket...while nervously peeping through my blinds !! peace felons and druggies...good look from you medical stoners

turbolaser4528

Veteran
damn i love the blackmarket...while nervously peeping through my blinds !! peace felons and druggies...good look from you medical stoners

The good ol' blackmarket man, gotta love it!!!

Shiiet, that'll be the day!

I would like to see full decrim as well, to keep big business out of it. Farmer's market style, no Wal-mart weed, supporting local economies, not shipping jobs/revenue overseas.

Imagine huge 10,000 acre pot farms in China, new age brick weed flooding the marker via tanker ships, dropping prices across the board? NO!

Pass it now, its the cool thing to do. But wait, you east coasters don't want to be like Cali now do you? Screw it, overgrow the world!
We do not want to be like Cali!!!! NYC attitude is bad enough!!LOL There are 2 different NYs, Upstate and the city!!!! The city will fuck it up for us farmers upstate as usuall!! Certain counties will say no like the ones right outside of NYC! I cant blame them they are very Hoyty Toyty and they do not want grows in there perfect communities full of new volvos and 2+million$ homes!! We upstaters will allways overgrow becuase thats what we have done for generations!! And I will teach and learn w/redneck upstate farmers till I die!! We have a name for people from the city and it is "Cityiots" sorry if your from NYC but come to the woods and that is what you are called until respect is made!!! The city will make it so there is so many regulations and we are Decrim now up to 25g so I am happy with that for now! When our Herb becomes Medicine it may turn into a controled substance and then us farmers are screwed royally!! "NewYork got the ways and the means" but "just wont let me be":wave:

hazy

Veteran
Yeah, NY and all future med mj programs will be trying to one up each other in strictness. Might as well just go ahead and turn it all over to the pharmaceutical companies now, cause after a move to schedule 2 or 3, that's where it will be.
Until then, places like NY will let you grow, what 6 or 12 plants? Maybe have an oz or 2?

igrowone

Veteran
i knew it was just a matter of time before the MMJ came up on Cuomo's list
NY is ok right now, small grows of under 2 ozs are misdemeanors, possession of under 2 ozs are violations(traffic ticket kind of deal)

EDIT: make that 25g on the possession, i was getting carried away with the 2 oz theme

but you can get fucked if the whim occurs to the local DA
the NY MMJ bill is complicated, no growing by patients for their own use, but not the monopolies that NJ is setting up

Last edited:
Well a pound can get you a felony if you go with the public defender or if your at strike 3 or 4! It all depends on case and judge! who is golfing or fishin with your judge makes you or breaks you! My last case my lawyer was a judge(retired) and she trained the judge I was in front of! So a 10 min meeting and I walked out with a fine a big one but a fine! I was cuaght 100grams of hash! In a state in the bible belt I would have done time at least county time!!!! My record is very scarred w/ MJ offenses! I also got cuaght with 22g of bud around the new year and it cost me 200 bucks! It was me and the judge alone in court and The judge asked me if I learned my lesson! I said I learned that I will not get cuaght in his town again! He shook his head and sent me on my way! MJ is easy money in these little backwoods court rooms! Easiest way for the court to make 300+$ a pop!!!

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We do not want to be like Cali!!!! NYC attitude is bad enough!!LOL There are 2 different NYs, Upstate and the city!!!! The city will fuck it up for us farmers upstate as usuall!! Certain counties will say no like the ones right outside of NYC! I cant blame them they are very Hoyty Toyty and they do not want grows in there perfect communities full of new volvos and 2+million$ homes!! We upstaters will allways overgrow becuase thats what we have done for generations!! And I will teach and learn w/redneck upstate farmers till I die!! We have a name for people from the city and it is "Cityiots" sorry if your from NYC but come to the woods and that is what you are called until respect is made!!! The city will make it so there is so many regulations and we are Decrim now up to 25g so I am happy with that for now! When our Herb becomes Medicine it may turn into a controled substance and then us farmers are screwed royally!! "NewYork got the ways and the means" but "just wont let me be"

Couldn't agree with ya more Girl .... NYC has & allways will make it harder to get anything done up here in upstate !!!!

igrowone

Veteran
NY MMJ, i like the sound of that, within limits
money grab mostly, which sucks, that's the reality
but Cuomo has the brass balls right now, he could make this happen easy