What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Got some problems.

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
Awsome! Ya, the leaves area that was affected the most but you should not see them spread anymore if the problem was fixed enough; as you flushed it enough.

Hey 10K helped too; so smoke a big one for him too :D

Or better yet I am sure he would like you to give him a big fat one lol

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
Now those are some happy healthy plants bro :yes:
Nice greenage and there leaves all perked up! I just love seeing them like that!

KushaNator

Hey stitch how she look for day 30! She right where she needs to be? I am glad to see her so perked up again shes stinking things up real good.

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
She is looking very good Kush; all strains show different sizes at different times but she is showing some good weight for day 30 :)
Bet ya going to get a kick outta that harvest man!

KushaNator

So heres the deal, checked on her today...and the spots are still appearing. But I think they are slowly fading away with the problem. The leaves that were somewhat affected are still spotting as usual but everything seems to be greening up. Bud production was yet awesome again and trich production is going off the charts. I give it by day 40-45 she will be a resin bomb. I am hoping for at least 1.5-2 oz of this one plant so we shall see. Day 32 is upon me and she is already smells so good!

On another note took the PH reading and it was at 6.6. NPK ratios are in place and favorable, so Stitch you have any idea what the problem can be or what it was.

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
Ya, that is typical for an issue like you to have for it to spread still on the affected leaves, what you want to watch out for is non affected leaves becoming infected with the spotting.

I bet she is; she looked damn good with the pics you posted :)

KushaNator

Checked on her today and the spotting is still occurring. What action should I take now. It appears that it is having no effect on flowering because she is producing buds very nicely still.

Ph is at 6.6 and I gave her some plain water today. Should I just use plain water and flush her out over time or just push through flowering because it doesn't seem like it is affecting her flowering at all.

Besides that constant problem she is doing nicely. I hope she fills in nice and fat...and frosty.

KushaNator

Stitch I am probably sure you have way more experience under your belt. But do you think judging by the last picture I posted do you think she will double her weight in 2 weeks? I plan on letting her go at least 60-65 days maybe 70. Let my last NL go 50 days and I would have gave it a 7 out of 10, think I plucked her to early.

I think I am going to just water with plain water for the next solid week, which would be a good soaking 2 waterings. Which would put me right at day 40. Then the next watering would be my last feeding, which would be around day 45-46. Then I will flush the soil for the remaining time.

Whats your opinion on the whole scenario.

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
Most of the time they put there weight on in the last few weeks of flowering; it also depends on strain; but my NL did the last 2 weeks :)

I would let it go around 65 days; I did around 55 to 60 with mine so I would not let it go over 65.

I would just flush for a week & 1/2 one or 2 waterings before the chop.

How do you test when you chop; you look at the trichs on the leaves? The color of the heads?

KushaNator

I use my jewelers eye piece to check out the trich heads of course, I love that super stoney bud!

But one question... could the spotting be caused from me not giving her enough phosphorus or could the build up of salt do that. I am trying to pin point the problem so next time it can be corrected. I am seeing so many things it could be its hard to put my finger on it.

It is still showing spots...but on the newer leaves on the top colas it has stripes on the leaves now so I have no clue what it can be, as I have said before I have never had a def ever before. But from your experiences do you think she can make it to day 65 without withering and dying.

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
Sodium causes lockout, if it was still a deficiency it would be spreading over the plant worse by now.

Oh ya most defiantly she will make it to that far without dying; your leaves should yellow by then which is normal and should not be messed with as it's normal part of flowering cannabis :)

Take a picture of the top and show me what you are talking about the stripes though....

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
Has to be a micronutrient issue going...... you using any micronutrients?
Can you get another picture without it being blurry? I can't tell to well..... are the leaves a lighter color on top? Or was that the flash?

KushaNator

Ok...I clearly have a Mg problem. Stupid bastards at the water plant were wrong the water is hard as shit. So no wonder she hasn't been getting better. Going to go get some distilled water tomorrow to do a flush over the next week. Should I use clearex to remove some of the salt and calcium build up that is hindering my grow.

Stitch will the mg def/lockout hurt my harvest? If so I am going to be quite irritated.

KushaNator

The leaves are a bit darker than lime green better than what they were. Thats as best as I can get them. I have noticed that when I give the plant any Calmag it seems to get worse. Can the calcium from my so called soft "HARD" water be upsetting this balance. I read that high levels of calcium can mess up levels of Mg uptake.

KushaNator

Sorry for the clustered answers, if you cannot tell by now I am stoned out hardcore. Micro-nutrient supplements are cal-mag, karma and thats it. As I said would the clearex be the best thing to do to rid of these excess nutrients. Or should I just flush with the distilled water that I plan on getting since it will do more good than the shitty tap water I am currently doing... excuse me while I pack another bowl of this great c99!

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
First I want to see pics of the plant, because I can't tell if that is the problem or not..... magniseum does not cause the "stripes"you were referring too.

You should not need to add cal-mag if your water is hard...... you will just be doubling it up if you did....

hard water already has high levels of calcium and magnesium and possibly iron.
Tap water is only bad if it has sodium and if it has very high levels of calcium and magnesium. Hard water makes it harder for nutrients to be absorbed properly....

How often were you using the cal mag? How often were you watering and how much cal mag were you using?

Latest posts

Latest posts