What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Got robbed :(

madalasatori

Veteran
Had the most perfect spot but a random sequence of unfortunate events occurred.

Right before harvest, the best crop of my life.

The work and sacrafice that went into that spot are difficult to over emphasise. Especially during lockdown.

And to top it all I lost my prized chem’91 which was a smile in a bag.

Don’t know how I’m gonna continue, doesn’t feel like I can but I can’t quit it’s in my blood

Anyone else lose everything and come back stronger? I need some inspiration

Love

wutwut

Veteran
winner@420giveaway
yeah i've lost my girls for two times. first time was harder becos police took my cured flowers also but with all equipment too. it wasn't over yet - annoying fine did hit me after some months.

this second time i had to trash all my clones. it was painful but must to do. i had problems with bugs but probably the plants were infected by some virus too..

now i'm actually excited to start a new journey. if i found keeper gems for two times - this third time will bring me something similar or even better and special. lessons learned and it's part of this hobby to lose goods and continue searching again. i think this all made me to enjoy more of the time with her and somehow our connection become more close with this plant if i can say that. keep it green and follow your dreams!

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Keep going, typically when something like this happens, in a few years you can look back and see how this motivated you to find something better. One of the worst things that ever happened to me, similar to what youre going through, forced me to change my own setup and it opened several doors. Im actually glad it happened. Chin up and shoulders back, move forward and keep your plans to yourself. Best of luck.

tea_is_back

pot°grapher
ICMag Donor
Veteran

The work and sacrafice that went into that spot are difficult to over emphasise. Especially during lockdown.

Don’t know how I’m gonna continue, doesn’t feel like I can but I can’t quit it’s in my blood

Love
Hey man that's so sad and i feel for you!

In 2011 I lost all after a bust and I had to completely rebuild after 20 years of nothing but growing illegally.
Since I'm in Germany and therefore on the visor of the judiciary, I had no choice but to do something completely different for the last 12 years.
Among other things, I did a diploma during this time.
What do I want to say to you? Don't look back, only look ahead and reflect on what you can do and not on what you have or don't have.
Life goes in waves and it seems you've reached a valley. You just have to stay tuned and then you'll surf your wave again at some point.
For me, the time in the valley seems to be over, because slowly the clouds of prohibition in Germany are clearing and I can finally grow legally what I, like you, have in my blood and never wanted anything else. Cultivating is also an art for me and also the most beautiful of all arts.

So keep your green creativity going but if you can't, don't give up. Even bad times will pass if you keep at it.

troutman

Seed Whore
Been there twice so I know how it feels. Try to figure out how they found them
and learn from it. Then find a new location and be more Ninja next time.

I lost a crop 2 years ago cause the pigs found them.
The dummy even left his business card beside a cut
plant. He's lucky he wasn't in the phone book. lol

But in the end, you have to understand that guerilla growing is a cat and mouse game.

This year, I going back to an older grow spot with maybe 100+ plants. :biggrin:

Fuk Tha Police :laughing:

Don't give up.

Cheers

Dequilo

Plant Abuser
ICMag Donor
Veteran
420club
went from this
DSCN5889.JPG

to this
DSCN5924.JPG

Police :( chopped early

but we grow on :)

Be happy in your work

S_M

moose eater

went from this
View attachment 18805836

to this
View attachment 18805837

Police :( chopped early

but we grow on :)

Be happy in your work

S_M
Was there a notable up-tick in orders at the Doughnut shop a week or so afterward?

Just kidding.. somewhat..

To the OP, I've never been burned for a crop, but had a hundred other moments take the wind cleanly out of my proverbial sails.

Sit back and take a rest for however long is necessary to let the shock and disappointment decrease. Sort it out in your mind as to what you can or can't change, control, etc. in your world. Find your own center of peace if you can. Accept that there's always been dickheads in this world, and likely always will be, and move ahead with what feels best and most redeeming for you and your own spirit.

Each person takes their own time to have or make this transformation happen. My view of cancer, family, and life, and the uncontrollable aspects of some of those things, robbed me and mine of who I was for most of 2 years that I can never get back (there's some serious irony in that!!).

Try not to rob yourself after someone else has already done that to you. No sense in joining forces that way with those who inflicted the initial damage.

Tomorrow's a new day, and maybe with better wind and newer sails.

Last edited:

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Love
No matter what happens to a grower you can come back stronger…. lots of living proof around here

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Three times. Once a fire destroyed it all. Second time partner absconded with everything, harvest, seeds, mother's, equip, the fucker even repainted the place before he left.

Third time last year a family member made off with a harvest and a big portion of my seeds.

I just start more seeds and get going again. Guess they needed it more than me. Neither knew how to grow and we're learning.

From now on though no more anyone besides me involved.

Sorry you had to go through that, hope you wind up with better genetics and a sweet new spot!

Dequilo

Plant Abuser
ICMag Donor
Veteran
420club
No matter what happens to a grower you can come back stronger….

for me it sucked ass but they stopped counting at 70 and I had over 99

they came a week after I knocked down 35 Autos and missed 9 photo plants in red drink cup

5 turned out to be females and I moved back into my 8 foot by 16 foot grow room

and moved :)

could have been far worst 5 years ago I would have been in Handcuffs

what does not kill us makes us stronger

Be happy in your work

S_M

Latest posts

Latest posts