What's new

got robbed

thehunted

so basically here's the story... i bought a motorcycle back in nov. and it was stolen about 3 weeks ago. i didn't even have it registered or insured... i only took it out a few times and some dickhead stole it. long story short, someone robbed me of 6k.

man, it really fucking sucks... but anyways, been a long time lurker here (couple years by now)... i have read plenty about how to grow, and want to do it commercially. i've never grown anything, but i want to at least get my money back.

problem is, i live in an apt and i just moved to my current state and i don't know too many people, only 2 smokers and my dealer... which is kinda funny cuz i met him through a guy i met at a safety class, figure that haha.

anybody have a plan or advice? how would you do it? my goal is to have 6k cash by the end of this year.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
your gonna need a couple grand to even get your grow started to make that 6k, and if you have never grown before?

I think you should just find a regular job for now, or talk to your dealer about taking larger weight and finding more custies.

NOKUY

Veteran
were not supposed to talk about that kind of growing around here because it attracts the wrong kind of attention.

good luck tho

Get a GPS and a small veg light. Depends on your area mostly, if you are in Kansas or Iowa.....play the potto lotto in some corn fields. Real easy to get "your targeted harvest" by the end of the fall. Indoors stinks if you are going to put money into something and not keep it around. There are cheap places for cheap equipment, but it still costs a lot and you might find that it is a little to cheap. Sucks about being robbed, but I wouldn't grow just to get that back; unless you feel secure.

Right about the time to get a late start of veggies, get yourself some nice CFL's; some decent early harvesting strains; some nice starter pots and starter soil. A GPS unit and your all set!

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
yea if you really want any advice i would say your not gonna get it in a indoor grow.

what you need to do is get some vegging plants ASAP and plant them quick in some forest cut, because they are gonna start flowering quick. Come back around September and reap your benefits.

I N Hail

Growing Grower AKA Wasted Rock Ranger
Veteran
Sorry your bike was stolen !!!that sucks

But bro think about it !!!!!You know 2 ppl were you just moved too ,Everyone you meet
will be NEW to you and LEO is everywhere .Good luck i think you will need it

INH

thehunted

i have enough money and a good job, that's not the problem. i want my money back, it's a lot to me... i'm in my early 20's... and mostly i don't feel like waiting for karma to get around to helping me out haha. becoming a middleman doesn't sound too lucrative to me, selling zips with low start-up cost (relatively, if you go cheap on supplies) at 400 sounds more reasonable.

believe me man, lesson learned, i am a paranoid motherfucker nowadays.

i know this place is filled with good people and lots of knowledge... it's just a shitty situation. i'm not looking to make millions or anything or even a single big time grow. dr. bud's method will work just fine if i did my numbers right.

i live in the northeast, my grow must be indoors. using dr. bud's method, you don't need a pro setup or big lights. it'll give me a steady cash flow, until i'm done.

i think i can do it indoors... i'll type it all out a bit later... my dealer is on his way.

i fucking hate knowing some lowlife has been watching me and my shit. you hit the nail on the head, how would you go about building that network of safe customers?? my dealer knows about it, and he says the best he can do is 450 on quality, but fuck that. i'd rather grow my own shit and sell it to him for 400 a pop (he's a middleman, i know for sure) and fucking call it a day.

what do you guys think? thanks for the replies.

NOKUY

Veteran
ii fucking hate knowing some lowlife has been watching me and my shit. you hit the nail on the head, how would you go about building that network of safe customers?? my dealer knows about it, and he says the best he can do is 450 on quality, but fuck that. i'd rather grow my own shit and sell it to him for 400 a pop (he's a middleman, i know for sure) and fucking call it a day.

what do you guys think? thanks for the replies.

if some lowlife has been watching you... then what would make him not continue to?

u say your "dealer knows"....if 1 person knows it's too many

...in my honest opinion your settin yourself up to get fucked again....and your reasons for growing "wanting your money back"...prolly isnt the best reason to start growing. everyone has a different reason, but sounds like this scenario might bite ya.

bterzz

Veteran
Do whatever you want, by reading. There are enough threads on here that can help you do whatever you want. Starting an open thread about making 6k by growing weed isnt the best way. Search & read.

I am sorry about your bike. A couple years ago my brand new motorcycle that I just invested about 3000 in parts that I hadn't even got to ride yet got snatched out of my fathers garage with another bike that wasn't even mine. Long story short, the guy ended up in jail for 6 months, truck impounded because thats where they found the stolen property, and I got BOTH bikes back as well as his for restitution.

Search.&.Read

I N Hail

Growing Grower AKA Wasted Rock Ranger
Veteran
Intead of selling why not just take the money that you would have spent on buying
Put it away just as if you bought some ALOT SAFER IMO !!I would never sell!!!

INH

ps. If i did that with how much i smoke!!! would prob save that much by the end of the yr.
I save $300 a mounth by useing MMJ instead of Pharm.Med's.

SemperAltus

three words for you homie, DONT DO IT.

if you have enough money and a good job. suck it up and get a new bike, you had the bike since nov. it got jacked three weeks ago hmm sounds like its your own fault.

but again if you got cash and good job suck it up, lesson learned no need to go trying to grow crop to make 6k back. esp. if your not in a med state where you could offload it easier and esp since you just moved to somewhere new and dont know anyone your just asking for trouble. esp since more and more people will rat your ass out to save them a couple months/years in jail/

Molson

Bad idea in my opinion.

Get a 2nd job or put in more hours at your current job. Sell shit on ebay, or do something you're very good at that makes $.

1st, you're not going to be producing A+++ bud the first time around. This is just a fact, nothing against you. Everyone's first grow is a learning process. 6k? That's like a few lbs give or take. It'll take a few harvest before you can really dial in and get the maximum yield.

2nd - you said yourself that you don't have many reliable people you could sell to on a regular basis. And the there's the situation where you're buddy knows an acquaintance who's friend wants to buy a QP or w/e -- and you end up getting robbed by them. Unfamiliar people who are interested in buying large amounts usually is not good.

3, 4 & 5
if some lowlife has been watching you... then what would make him not continue to?

u say your "dealer knows"....if 1 person knows it's too many

...in my honest opinion your settin yourself up to get fucked again....and your reasons for growing "wanting your money back"...prolly isnt the best reason to start growing. everyone has a different reason, but sounds like this scenario might bite ya.
Land lord swings by for an unrelated reason and finds your grow/supplies/tools. Dude who stole you're bike comes back... Dealer gets popped and gives you up... many scenarios that = bad

Nobody here is going to tell you what to do. Just consider the pros & cons before you do it. Run some numbers, smoke a spliff, and figure out whether it's worth it or not, and what, if any, other options you have.

thehunted

i don't want to go into the details, but the person who took my bike must be a neighbor or a friend of a neighbor. also, i have a lot of other nice things that haven't been touched. the way i see it, there's no fucking way i have an enemy in this state, it was a one time easy grab and go. anyway, i am moving within the month to a new place, new town, so i feel safe with that.

i meant that my dealer knows about my stolen bike, not that i plan on growing. money and a little peace of mind is as good a reason as any

yeah man i hear ya, i definitely searched for threads, but couldn't find anything on this particular subject (which makes sense obviously). remember that thread from about a year ago i wanna say, it was like a 100 pages called "massive indoor commercial grow" ... i figure it's ok to talk about it.

basically i want to know what you would do to find steady buyers if you got transplanted to a place you know nobody?

Molson

remember that thread from about a year ago i wanna say, it was like a 100 pages called "massive indoor commercial grow" ... i figure it's ok to talk about it.

basically i want to know what you would do to find steady buyers if you got transplanted to a place you know nobody?

That thread spawned a new thread "Massive outdoor commercial thread" which is stickied in the outdoor forum. There's just a little bit on sources in there I think.

The basically thinking was start out small and go up from there. But like someone said, talk about selling is frowned upon here.

hempluvr

plant pimp
Veteran
You should grow because you love the plant not because you want to make all sorts of money. When people grow because of money they seem to try to rush things and end up looking towards their wallet for harvest time,that spells trouble. Plus you have never grown anything before. You are asking for trouble. How do you know that you will not run into all sorts of problems? Plus with summer here and the weather getting hot you will be dealing with spider mites,thrips and whatever else may come your way. By the time you buy all your stuff,lights,pots,medium,food and finally good genetics,you will have spent over $1500 easily. Then you need to grow out your seedlings for at least 1 month,then force flower. Depending on your strain selection I hope you have room. An indoor garden that produces $6k worth of pot needs EXTREME care and attention. You need to have some patience,get a couple grows under your skin and call it a day!

phattybudz

Do what you want to do. That sounds sketchy as fuck though if you don't have someone you know/trust enough to unload it to.

thehunted

ahh, missed your post molson. i work a salary job, i don't get paid by the hour, so that's not gonna work.

again, i am moving within the month and safety is my first concern with my new place. you do raise some good points, my weed won't be great, but the awesome thing with pot is that you get for what you pay... i'll try my harvest and see what it's worth, until it gets better.

if i happen to get robbed again for a qp, who really cares? i won't be a middleman, i only would lose a week's worth. but then again, same thing happened to my dealer in high school, he got jacked for a lb at gunpoint.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
....selling 'erb in small quantaties can be fraught with many potential pit-falls and risks that when your whole liberty is at stake just ain't really worth it........even 5 people knowing that you sell could be 10 or 20 plus once those buyers get loose-headed and start twittering away about their dealer......some of them are bound to get pulled by plod and squeal at some point about you.....

The safest way is just to supply yourself by having a small grow that no-one is privvy to....

...on the other hand if you are going to take that big risk you might as well grow big and move it thru just one person who doesnt have a clue about where it or you came from.....

.....it's comparable when risking breaking the law to a small time armed robber that has to hit 20 nickle and dime conveinience stores to make a couple of grand......when much less risk is taken by a one-shot bank heist to achieve the same reward......

Quantifying risk factors and making a well calculated risk (if you absolutely have to).....will perhaps save you from getting caught......

*and I am not advocating that you start a career of armed robbery nor dealing 'erbal's.....

demasoni

Its sort of annoying seeing people say you need several thousand just to start growing, even to grow big for that matter...they should watch less of the 'Weeds' series. Its absolutely not true. My guess is the people who say this are the same ones paying top dollar and buying every possible item associated with growing, brand name and all for miniature indoor factory waving red flags at helicocksuckers- when it only takes about 10% of all that mess. If you read up before going to your local hydro store and blowing your wallet, you can find there are so many ways to turn major bud but from a small investment. You say you can't grow because your in the NE, thats not it specifically- You can grow all you want in the NE, it may just mean driving to the nearest countryside in your county/state. It does take scouting, not several thousand dollars though. Under the natural sun and no constraints on room you can def reach that goal.
if you want to pull 6k of bud, you still can do that indoors depending on your situation for less that two grand.. you don't need 8 fucking HPS 1k lamps like some make it sound. Go with a 600w or two if you have the space plus a flouro for clones/reveg/seedlings. If you don't have to fully construct a stealth room your costs go wayyy down. You being NE will also make it was easier to sell it, plus you can make far more off it. a couple lbs would cover what your looking for, which again can be done even indoors. As for finding someone to move it for you its a tough social matter, you just have to meet the right people and make sure they are cool and limit contacts. Don't fall into the marketing games of growing, you DEFINITELY could blow 3k on a setup and grow 6k worth of bud- its just that 3k is TOTALLY unnecessary for that
I'm not suggesting you do this, I am suggesting you don't waste $3k for this purpose. if you do it, take the advice given so far and start with a smaller setup- and grow because you will save money and help stop the typical dealer BULLSHIT. Don't look at the plants as dollar symbols it will help