What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Got robbed, fuck my life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
surf and turf :) smoke a bowl do a little surfing..While your tanning take care of some plants....it will work its self out... Im sure you can come up with a plant so this wont happen again..

OrganicBuds

Veteran
Here is the story if you guys want to hear it.

I noticed somebody ripped a branch on Tuesday. Not sure it happened on Tuesday, but that is when I saw it. just a small amount, but prompted me to buy a camera system and set it up that night.

Saturday - Got my camera up and running, texting my phone with anything that sets off motion. Sends me e-mails, can watch from three tv's in my house and my cell phones and tablets, sweet right?

Sunday - 3am Four guys wearing camo came to the back of my fence. My cell phone was alarmed, but I was dead asleep. Two jumped up and sat at the top of my 9' fence for 5 min. I can only assume waiting to hear if they alarmed the dogs, or me. After another 5 min of slowly walking around in the back yard they decided to rip the plants with two crappy hand saws. Got most of the plants cut and started to throw them over the fence to the other two guys waiting. At this point the other guys would run the cut branches down the street to a car out of view from my cameras. I think this is when my dogs noticed them and started to bark. I bolted outside with some non lethal weapons but they were long gone. They left a trail of crap all the way down the street. Wasn't bad enough I got jacked, but then I had to clean up after them so the neighborhood kids wont stubble on some herb plants.

I drove around in my truck for about a half hour looking for them, but no luck. When I got home I called the cops and had them do a report on the matter. The cops were super cool, even joking about taking the weed that was left and piling it up around them and taking pictures, pretending the made a huge cartel style bust. They didn't sweat me at all about having cannabis, and seemed like they wanted to catch the criminals.

They found the hand saws, and a hat that has lots of hair in it. I also found several cig butts down at the end of the street where they were most likely waiting, next to a burn out mark from when they left.

I don't think the cops are going to investigate too much, but I am thinking of hiring a private detective and turning all the evidence to him/her. Also I live next to a Mexican market, and the guys seemed to be of Latin desent, so I am going to post pictures up of the suspects. Also at the worker center down the street, where labors walk to everyday from behind my house. ( I have an ally backs to my house) Was even thinking of posting a reward poster.

Another thing, not saying anybody should listen to me only on this but here it goes:

When I was talking with the cops I started to say, "I am pissed that our government decided to take away my God given right to own guns in a house that has cannabis growing in it."

The cop said, "No way man, we only prosecute gun charges on the people that deserve it. Drug dealers or gang bangers, not guys like you."

I am driving up to my cabin today and grabbing my arsenal. Dudes better not come back, cause I am done fucking around.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lol absolutly... We are not the ones that dont follow the gun laws. we keep them locked up just like every other person that is not a criminal... Just get a gun safe for it and you are set..

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
you need to read that book, Grapes Of Wrath.. read the part where the car breaks down, and they go to the junkyard, the part with the guy with the one eye...

your sounding like the guy with the one eye........

OrganicBuds

Veteran
you need to read that book, Grapes Of Wrath.. read the part where the car breaks down, and they go to the junkyard, the part with the guy with the one eye...

your sounding like the guy with the one eye........

Not sure if that is an insult or compliment. Fuck you/thanks , lol. I will have to check out Grapes Of Wrath, probably was on my summer reading list that I never finished back in high school.

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Sorry to read this... we may have had cross words but I wouldn't wish this on anyone, having been robbed of a grow myself.

theJointedOne

Veteran
dang OB, Im really sorry to hear that. You had such a nice, beautiful garden. The good thing is you still have the skills and knowledge to do it again..even better than before.

When one door closes another is opened, probably doesnt mean shit right now in the heat of the moment, but as time goes by youll be better off.

Imagine if you had caught them red handed, and you acted out in emotion, whos to say you wouldnt get hurt, or worse. IMHO everything happens for a purpose, and we can all learn from days like these.

If I could send you some rep on this nick I would, but ill just have to say it here...+++ rep for you bro for a great garden and the time and energy you took to share with us wont be forgotten soon, and hey at least you got a bunch of good beans for next year...and something tells me youll be getting a bunch of karma coming back to you in the weed world too.

Be glad you have your safety and family and dogs to love and share the good and the bad times with, there will always be more herb, always..

Much respect :ying:

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
bad news, maybe you should move somewhere else.

what are you too lazy to read the fucking first post. I already said I should move. I am just not in the mood for stupid people.

not in the mood for stupid people?

you got some set.

you do know about karma don't you?
it's intangible but very friggin' real.

She only AGREED with one of your statements and got her head bit off for her troubles.

Siomha DIDN'T have anything to do with what happened and yet you unleashed some lousy attitude on her.

btw, I've been ripped off in my life and I know how it feels 1st hand, share your story but keep the hurtful attitude to yourself.

And just to be fair I read through every single post of this thread to find some redeeming quality to your posts and found none, instead I saw where you treated others similarly but not as harshly as Siomha.

You'd be better off ignoring any obviously helpful comments from members that somehow offended your sensitivities and not insult them with replies.

Now, you might be thinking, "Wow, S4L's got a lot of nerve talking shit like this to me!" But any time I snap @ a member here it's certainly because I have or my post(s) have been 'challenged' or 'debated' in a manner that I feel needs a likewise response by me. When I feel I've been hurtful I have certainly apologized to some members. I'm a real prick but I don't recall bitching @ members offering sincere help or advice.

I feel very badly for you and your situation, I really do. Rippers now know you're an easy mark and word will spread amongst these dirtbag thieves and likely mark you for life; if your garden's not outside anymore they'll assume it's now inside, this will invite them to invade your home one day when they're desperate enough.

Do you know if these guys were carrying guns?
I think you should move, safety of your family comes first.

Blaz3

Hello my brother,Id like to offer some words of wisdom,even if I am young,I have an old soul.

I cant say I know what it feels like to be ripped,to have worked so hard with your plants,day in and day out,only to have some asshole,punk fiend come into YOUR castle and steal them.It msut be terrible,I have had my car stolen,house broken into,so I can somewhat empathize with you man.It must suck.

I stand by what I said,dogs are mans best friend for a reason.They will die for you and your family,happily defending you until their last breath..they will never abandon you,or betray you.All they ask in return is your compassion,some food,water,a game of fetch here and there...not much,but they will love you in return.

Forget the fancy cameras,alarms,floodlighths,you want to protect your home,get a dog.Period.I dobut rippers will even comtemplate breaking in if they have a 60pound,snarling beat staring at them...just daring them to step into his domain.I am not talking the cute little poodles and pomeranians,Im talking German Sheperds,Rottweilers,Bull Terriers,Labradors,etc.Also female dogs are supposed to be more loyal and protective than males.

My second advise,is do not be so let down brother,The beuty of growing is that so what,few plants got ripped,some seedlings died,you still have the expertise,all you need is more seeds/clones.I only WISH I lived in a medstate,and owned my own house.Please re-consider a small indoor setup,nothing crazy a 400-600 hps..you can even try the 6/12 lighthting to cut down on bills.And perhaps if you sincerely talk to some of the more generous breeders here,they can gift you some free seeds.Maybe BOG,Ganesh,etc?...

And lastly my brother,you always have to think of the silver lining,sure some assholes stole your plants,but your SAFE,your family is safe,it could have been so much worse.Things can always be SO much worse,forget feelings of animosity towards these scumbags,but instead fill your heart with forgiveness...we cannot let our negative experiences cloud and ruin our self-happiness.

Peace,and grow on brother.Grow on...

Malibu Barbie

Here is the story if you guys want to hear it.

I noticed somebody ripped a branch on Tuesday. Not sure it happened on Tuesday, but that is when I saw it. just a small amount, but prompted me to buy a camera system and set it up that night.

Saturday - Got my camera up and running, texting my phone with anything that sets off motion. Sends me e-mails, can watch from three tv's in my house and my cell phones and tablets, sweet right?

Sunday - 3am Four guys wearing camo came to the back of my fence. My cell phone was alarmed, but I was dead asleep. Two jumped up and sat at the top of my 9' fence for 5 min. I can only assume waiting to hear if they alarmed the dogs, or me. After another 5 min of slowly walking around in the back yard they decided to rip the plants with two crappy hand saws. Got most of the plants cut and started to throw them over the fence to the other two guys waiting. At this point the other guys would run the cut branches down the street to a car out of view from my cameras. I think this is when my dogs noticed them and started to bark. I bolted outside with some non lethal weapons but they were long gone. They left a trail of crap all the way down the street. Wasn't bad enough I got jacked, but then I had to clean up after them so the neighborhood kids wont stubble on some herb plants.

I drove around in my truck for about a half hour looking for them, but no luck. When I got home I called the cops and had them do a report on the matter. The cops were super cool, even joking about taking the weed that was left and piling it up around them and taking pictures, pretending the made a huge cartel style bust. They didn't sweat me at all about having cannabis, and seemed like they wanted to catch the criminals.

They found the hand saws, and a hat that has lots of hair in it. I also found several cig butts down at the end of the street where they were most likely waiting, next to a burn out mark from when they left.

I don't think the cops are going to investigate too much, but I am thinking of hiring a private detective and turning all the evidence to him/her. Also I live next to a Mexican market, and the guys seemed to be of Latin desent, so I am going to post pictures up of the suspects. Also at the worker center down the street, where labors walk to everyday from behind my house. ( I have an ally backs to my house) Was even thinking of posting a reward poster.

Another thing, not saying anybody should listen to me only on this but here it goes:

When I was talking with the cops I started to say, "I am pissed that our government decided to take away my God given right to own guns in a house that has cannabis growing in it."

The cop said, "No way man, we only prosecute gun charges on the people that deserve it. Drug dealers or gang bangers, not guys like you."

I am driving up to my cabin today and grabbing my arsenal. Dudes better not come back, cause I am done fucking around.

A ten-wheel truck could be driven through all the holes in this story.

How do you know exactly what these guys were doing? You were asleep, remember?

How do you have "pictures of the suspects"? Putting up "reward posters" in a Latino neighborhood is not a very smart move. Do that and you def will have to move--like really, really fast...

Good luck (you sound like you need some) and stay safe

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Rippers.jpg

print a bunch of these signs, take several to the gun range and blast them w/some 00-buckshot first, then hang them on your fence leaving the spent shells below.......

Blaz3

Sure..add a nice murder charge to the troubles,Im sure he would love to go to prison,and leave his family for many many years,all because he shot some idiots trying to steal his plants.I believe killing never solves anything,and a few young idiots trying to steal your crop,doesnt warrant going full on commando and causing a massacre.

The media will crucify him,and use him as an example.

Even in medical states,a marijuana grower going full on murder is NOT a good thing,and would only cause more harm than good.

Im sorry for your loss Organic,I still say PLEASE consider an indoor garden man,that way you wont be without the precios medicine.

I think its a shame the government treats marijuana users like thugs and criminals. i have grown up not to use deadly force, then i have never been ripped real bad. but hearing this im gonna get me a 300lb crossbow to "hunt birds" with. that should stop a ripper dead in his/her tracks, not to mention the 200 lbs of snarling rotty/shepard and bull terriers on the other side of the fence. game this season, no ones getting my patients meds this season. how can we be treated like criminals when someone breaks into our property illegally?

skullznroses

that aint nothing but 10 cent lovin
Veteran
I swear I just got through that part in grapes of wraith.

The junkyard guy is a loser who hates his boss and is kinda stuck in his life. He wants to get out but doesn't have the means or the brains or guts to do it. He tells the family he wishes he could leave the shithole hes in and go to california.

not exactly complimentary, but topical, and worth a read

Blaz3

The sound of an Assualt rifle loadin up would make anyone think twice about comin back.

Unless one of those rippers are young thugs,and are armed themselves,then it becomes a bloodbath,and people WILL get hurt,and sadly,it's not always the bad guys who get hit first.Bullets dont have eyes..

A great american president once said "An eyes for an eye,makes us all blind".

Sure we hate rippers,but what is better,losing some plants,or possibly getting yourself,or your loved ones shot and killed,or worse,having to do decades of time in a ruthless prison system????

Sorry to hear that...I know the feeling

Sorry to hear that...I know the feeling

Happened to a few years ago....and then just last week was ripped by one of my long term clients....both times it was totally stupid....was pretty bummed about all week...then met some real cool people on friday and Saturday who are new clients...very good people.....but like anything...you just have to keep your guard up with everyone......and if it happens...just keep moving the a postive direction....I my case those people will get whats comming to them, and I am sure in your case its some real stupid people and they will get the shaft soon enough.......Brah...all I can say is keep moving forward....if you have to move....check out some good schools for the kids and move to another area......there are lots of very affortable places with good schools....and very different growing conditions.

Good luck.......sending postive karma-----------> to you.

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
OB very sorry mate to hear of your loss, fucking rippers did the same thing to me a few years back, you'll bounce back mate, I'm just glad you and the missus and the dogs are all A-OK :good:
Chin Up Bruz
:gday:

Buddle

Veteran
Man I feel your pain Organic Buds..I really really do.I was ripped a couple years ago after putting 4 yrs into the garden etc.What sucks most about it . as you know, once a spot is compromised you're done there.I think that bothered me the most.That and the complete violation of my livelihood. You seem like a nice person so lean on those friends of yours.
as for the rippers...may they rot in hell. whoever thinks forgiveness will set you free..I'm not there yet.Imo, that just allows scum to continue being scum with a clear conscience..I don't think we should feel quilty about being pissed at someone who has no concern for our well being at all..F.U.C.K. them!!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck man and don't forget to let your friends give you a shoulder to lean on..It'll get better..Keep the faith..My crew will be thinking of you..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts