What's new

Got Cat?

unspoken

Here's a cat story. A couple friends and myself are smoking bowls in the back yard when we hear a faint shrill sound. We are all absolutely blazed by this point, and it's pretty much pitch black outside. The noise starts getting closer and closer, louder and louder. It was truly one of the worst sounds I had ever heard. Like something was either dying or coming to kill us. So as it gets closer/louder finally someone is like, "What the hell is that noise?" Nobody knows. It starts getting very loud and we are all kind of looking around when we hear a bang on the fence. Still unable to see anything, the sound is now obviously approaching us very rapidly and we all kind of break formation and jump back a little. When it gets close enough to see, it's the cat with a rabbit about 1/2-3/4 of it's size in its mouth. The rabbit is still alive and screaming, and this cat jumped over the freaking fence with that thing in its mouth. I never looked at my cat quite the same after that.

Don Dump

the man doctors said would never moonwalk again
Veteran
great story unspoken. my cat hasn't caught any rabbits yet (that I know of). she catches a lot of mice/moles and chipmunks and snakes though. she chased a mink around the yard last summer and got sprayed with disgusting musk. I thought the mink was going to turn around and really hurt her, was glad she just got sprayed.

one of my fav pics of my cat
picture.php

cough_cough_eer

Anita Bonghitt
Veteran
Cats have so much personality and they are all different. I've always had cats. The 2 I have now are robbing the neighbors shed dragging their junk over here. I've noticed that when cats get older the males just lay around and act dumb and the females start bossing you around.If cats wore under ware, Mr.Tudball would have laid around in his all day.One of the cats I have now Ms. Wiggins, is a good nurse, never leaves my side when I'm sick, I had one (Eunice)that knew when I had headaches and would lick the spot the pain was at, although that cat food breath was brutal. they can be very loyal when they want.

Those automatic litter boxes are great..and entertaining ....mine run back into the room to watch it work.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Lemongrass has a catnip-like effect on most cats. Whether potted indoors or planted in an outdoor garden, a nibble-friendly patch of lemongrass is a safe cat treat. Lemongrass essential oil, however, can be toxic to felines, so store it safely and securely.
The Many Uses of Lemongrass

Lemongrass is the general term for more than 50 perennial plants in the Cymbopogon genus, which is native to Asia and India. It's a common cooking ingredient and also has uses as a pesticide and preservative. In these latter contexts, its usually concentrated as an essential oil. While it deters many insects, it attracts bees. Indoors or outdoors, it's fairly easy to cultivate, although you may want to limit your cat's exposure to it during plants' early growth stages.

http://pets.thenest.com/lemongrass-cats-4183.html

while many articles I found expound on the dangers of the lemongrass 'essential oils' for felines the one above was the only one claiming that the early stages of growth might be harmful to cats.

Perpetual Nooch

You can train them to use the crapper as far as pissing every were. NEUTER the thing and they will never spray. Spraying is for marking territory and senting for a mate.

Neutering does not prevent spraying. I had a cat once that was neutered and began spraying when we brought another male cat into the home. After neutering they can spray to mark territory. I've also heard that if you neuter them young they won't spray, but I doubt it.

"Who stole my blanky?"

2ns8h1w.jpg

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I wish I had a video of the mess I made the other day...I was putting a jar of mayo in the frig[Its a big plastic jar you get at costco]and the top wasnt on all the way and it slipped out of my hands and fell on the floor....at the exact same moment our cat was walking by and got a HUGE amount of mayonnaise on her back!! haha
She was covered in mayo, it went on the floor, the rug...she goes running into the front room. I cleaned up all the mess and got her in the sink for a bath, shes not a small cat by any means, a good 20 lbs, and was not happy at all!! It was hard cleaning it up laughing as much as I was!! The timing couldnt have been better or worse depending on who you are lol

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Secret to training cats. (Only going to post this once)

Tell them "No" when they're just 'looking' in the direction of what they're not supposed to touch.

If you wait until they're actually playing/touching the object... it's too late. :) Gotta train them not to even 'think' about it. lol

That one little tip has saved me so much time and problems with cats it's ridiculous.

Stay Safe! :blowbubble:

Cats are great. Outdoor cats are even better. She keeps out all the unwanted critters and NO LITTER BOX :)

Cats are independent and very clean. Unlike most dogs.

oldbootz

Veteran
i picked up a stray a few weeks ago and he is amazing. when i arrive home he gives me lots of love but doesnt require my attention most of the time. he lives around lots of seedlings clones and big plants and hasnt touched them once. he did sleep on a bunch of seedling trays once though before anything had popped above surface. he entertains me so much!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

He used a litter box without any training and for a while now he will do his business outside and only uses the litterbox when its raining. cats are lovely animals.

Rescued cats know they've been saved and show their appreciation everyday.

My rescue kitty rules the yard ! Nothing alive is allowed in the yard. She chases out bigger cats, possums, and skunks. Plus no rats, mice, or gophers any more....

Piel

Veteran
My old cat died a few years ago and even though we have a dog the house has never been really the same. I´ve now adopted a 2yo Bengal male that is just so beautiful it´s hard to describe. The dog (terrier) is jealous but tries to hide it and they get along well enough. Very different from my old "traditional" house cat (RIP).

farmdalefurr

I feel nothing and it feels great
Veteran
i love that picture Stoner4Life, that's exactly what living with cats is like lol

I have a Lynx Point Siamese that looks just like yours.

Attachments

• IMG_4279.jpg
    IMG_4279.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 20

Latest posts

Latest posts