What's new

Got a short path unit from BVV...... now what?

BigJohnny

what temperature should it be decarbed at? if it's too hot I'm going to be boiling off things that I don't want to boil off right?

what temperature should it be decarbed at? if it's too hot I'm going to be boiling off things that I don't want to boil off right?

You want an efficient decarb but keep in mind that the entire point of decarbing is to remove the carboxyl group to prevent what was described above, but also you're removing volatiles that would otherwise contaminate your main body pass. Your concern should be achieving full decarb without excess CBN conversion, don't worry about retaining anything below THC's boiling point, you want it gone anyway.

tyL

A vacuum guage might be handy as well. It will help you find all those vacuum leaks so your not cranking your temperature up trying to get something to happen. Micron level.

Digital Vacuum gauge is IMO required. You cant even start your main body fraction until you are in the 100micron level. That's how you know all the terpenes have been fully boiled off. If you are not in the 100micron range prepare to pop the fraction up in the 230*C range or higher and taste to be negatively effected. You want to be in the lowest achievable vacuum and to be right around 200*C range for the least degradation of the THC.

Im popping my main body fraction @ 200*C and about 65microns, I still would like to achieve lower vacuum levels. Maybe ill upgrade the pump next year.

tyL

Im Thinking about replacing the hose, hose clamps and fittings with the "kf" fittings from the pump to the other side of the cold trap and a hose to the cow. Getting that low vacuum has been a problem.

The Bullseye Digital Vacuum Gauge is awesome and the non-bluetooth version is only $449 right now. It comes pretty highly recommended amongst my peers.

Latest posts

Latest posts