What's new

Gorilla Glue #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lapides

Rosin Junky and Certified Worm Wrangler
Veteran
The first time I smoked GG4 I also got the 'soapy' taste IMMEDIATELY. I thought dude brought the sample wrapped up in drier sheets TBH.

No one else that smoked the same sample would/could agree with me.

Maybe its a genetic thing on my part.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Yes. Take an 800x scope and look at my fresh worm castings. No matter where you look its bubbling and crawling with life. Looks like nematodes too me.

NH19 x Oaxacan, 3 of them moving to the flower room this week!

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
Man, this thing has been given away for free more than herpes. There's no room in here for trash talking these people as holding onto a cut just to laud it over others. If you live in a medicinal state you shouldn't have a difficult time finding her through legal means. Bush ranger - it's only available as a cutting. There were some s1s but they sold out quickly I believe.
Anyone who wanted to hold her to do any 'lauding' in Michigan got pecker slapped. It's everywhere, getting her own categories in harvest cups.
Hell even one of the guys runnin for Governor holds her.

L

Luther Burbank

Taste is different for everyone, and I also think there's an element of "the emperor's new clothes" to it when a cut takes off and everyone starts talking. "Don't you taste the girl scout cookies?" "Oh yes yes, I taste the girl scout cookies!" You could take the most foul smelling road-kill skunk and if you called it "sweet strawberry delight" people would be swearing up and down that they taste the strawberries.

Taste is different for everyone, and I also think there's an element of "the emperor's new clothes" to it when a cut takes off and everyone starts talking. "Don't you taste the girl scout cookies?" "Oh yes yes, I taste the girl scout cookies!" You could take the most foul smelling road-kill skunk and if you called it "sweet strawberry delight" people would be swearing up and down that they taste the strawberries.

I agree....although gg4 has "chocolate diesel" in its lineage I personally looked up each terpene present in gorilla glue based on the terpene test and not one of the terpenes was associated with chocolate coffee or anything remotely like that... I can't taste or smell anything like that at all either??

Big D

icmagic
Veteran
Terpene profile, smerpene profile. I just personally just smelled the jar... yep chocolate/ coffee diesel. The chocolate/ coffee has been there all the way.
the only paper I go off of is a rollin paper.
I agree....although gg4 has "chocolate diesel" in its lineage I personally looked up each terpene present in gorilla glue based on the terpene test and not one of the terpenes was associated with chocolate coffee or anything remotely like that... I can't taste or smell anything like that at all either??

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hello Glue Crew,

Any ideas on how to tame this crazy lady?

picture.php
picture.php

I was ganna screen her to the wall or should I just get a nice tomato cage, square kind that I can set up and use as support?

Im scared lol

C

CaliGabe

I've had the same cut grown by different people and it can vary a lot yet totally hear what you're saying. Sometimes people don't want to be the one in the room saying...'I don't get that at all'.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
OK i must confess I have not flowered her yet. I have been giving cuts out. Soon I will get some back to the guy who gave it to me. His got burned in a fire.

L

Luther Burbank

Terpene profile, smerpene profile. I just personally just smelled the jar... yep chocolate/ coffee diesel. The chocolate/ coffee has been there all the way.

I've not smoked her, not grown her, so I can't say either of you are wrong about the smell. All I can say is that if someone did test the terpenes, that's a tested representation of the chemicals that plant produces to make a smell, and personal experience doesn't really hold any weight in the face of chemical analysis. "Theory of gravity shmavity - I know I can jump to the moon".

I feel you... Terpene profile ain't the end all of flavor/smell profile.
I really want to smell chocolate / coffee as those are prob of the two best smells ever.. Right now fully dry for two days I'm just getting the strongest fuel diesel smell I have ever encountered..it's noxious gas mask material took me 6 days to trim 4lbs solo and the smell had me light headed a few times nothing subtle about this bitch at all she demands attention..little slut Lolz

I've not smoked her, not grown her, so I can't say either of you are wrong about the smell. All I can say is that if someone did test the terpenes, that's a tested representation of the chemicals that plant produces to make a smell, and personal experience doesn't really hold any weight in the face of chemical analysis. "Theory of gravity shmavity - I know I can jump to the moon".

Lolz...smoke some of this glue and you might be able to.

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
@LyryC ? With a hella cage . Garden fence not tomato!!
A whip n a chair.
Weed whacker for some of that lower stuff.
Watch out for lateral growth.

She looks stellar btw.

C

CaliGabe

I feel you... Terpene profile ain't the end all of flavor/smell profile.
As for the smell profile and terpenes you can look to professionals like Phytosun Aroms in France and essential oils. They were a supplier for a company I worked for and got to learn a lot from them. The terpene profile, aromatics, IS the smell. You can test and graph a profile with something like an HPLC.

A friend growing an apparently clean cut of Glue outdoors and will get to see what she's about soon. His soil mix and foliar program really lacking yet hopefully the finished flowers will give me a general idea what she's about.

Hello Glue Crew,

Any ideas on how to tame this crazy lady?

View Image View Image

I was ganna screen her to the wall or should I just get a nice tomato cage, square kind that I can set up and use as support?

Im scared lol

Take 30 clones and start over Lolz... Shit I know the feeling she is really unruly when left to her own devices..this is one that craves discipline.
Clean her up a bit bend some stems daily and stake the shit out of her or screen her.

L

Luther Burbank

Who knows - it may be that in different circumstances the same cutting will produce a different terpene profile. My money is on personal interpretation more so than that though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts