What's new

Gorilla Glue #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Og might as well be BEASTERS!?!? For real!!? What ogs have you been getting!? I see some crappy og here and there but for the most part ogs should always be dank.

terplife

Og might as well be BEASTERS!?!? For real!!? What ogs have you been getting!? I see some crappy og here and there but for the most part ogs should always be dank.

Yeah they SHOULD be. But everybody and there mommas has an og cross if you think the OG going around now is dank then you're entitled to believe so. To me 90 percent of it is nowhere near the quality it used to be.

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
I think what Terp is getting at is twofold; with great genetics being so widely available they aren't necessarily being grown properly and people start to see lesser quality batches of great genetics and the perception of those great genetics diminishes slightly. That and a lot of stuff is getting watered down because every Tom, Dick, and Harry has their own OG this or Diesel that regardless of its actual origins.

This is not a particularly groundbreaking observation so why some of you are acting like he's speaking in tongues is beyond me. This thread can get clique-y in the oddest of ways, with people trying to call out others for being 4 post ghosts when they themselves are unknown entities at best, known snitches under a new handle at worst. So pump those breaks, OvergrowDaworld because you're not the GG4 thread police.

I think he poorly worded his first post about GG4 being spread too far and some of you jumped all over him for it. What he's really saying is the same shit that has been said a hundred times or more with popular cuts that got out too widely and started getting a bad rep from bummy growers putting out shitty batches.

I saw it happen live and in color with Sour Diesel. Years ago no one would turn down a bag of Sour, no matter the price. Few years later people started getting gun shy, "It's not that 20 minute high Sour is it?" because lame ass growers pulled the cut too early and stupid ass Rezdog muddied the waters with his garbage seeds. Same shit terp is getting at with GG4. Nothing new here so I don't see why some of you are trying to clown the guy like he's talking crazy shit.

I get what he is saying though. I do t the k he was ever saying anything other than the widespread amount of medic growers or profiteers looking for money are giving good strains bad names. Is I believe the point. Durban poison gets hate out here because a lot of people haven't seen a good representation. It became so widespread and watered down. Can't plants only express certain traits under certain conditions? Shity bad environments and PM and bug infested warehouses running synthetic and pesticides. Harlequin has a bad name in Washington I heard because everyone is growing the thc dominant variety. Let's all get back to gg4 speak and leave it as a misinterpretation I would say.

Seaf0ur

Pagan Extremist
Veteran
I am running my glue in a 5g dwc bucket. I was topping off nutes yesterday and saw a small white looking bug/mite thing with spider style legs and roundish body. I wasn't able to snap a pic of it, but I did find two single Webb like lines on the very bottom flower. Here is what I see:

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=54687&pictureid=1303877&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=54687&pictureid=1303878&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=54687&pictureid=1303879&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Day 48 of flower. I sprayed a little captain jacks organic bug spray on the stem and hydroton, but not the flowers as im so close to harvest. I'm pretty sure the capt won't do anything for a real serious infestation, but I panicked. If anyone has any opinions please share. Thanks,

spider mites....

You didn't mention josey and when did I ever say anything about competition? It has nothing to with comp, I actually think competition is healthy for our community. It's just me personally I enjoy consistency in a strain. Like 4 or 5 years ago 90percent of the Ogs, diesels, Chems and kushes were all very good flower. When I came across a bag it usually was good. Now there is no Consistency and OG might as well be beasters. I attribute this partly to the way genetics have been spread. But hey that's just an opinion from a "4 post ghost" lol. I got much respect for you Frank and you're not a dick rider lol. Can't say that for a lot of the others on here though.

Yeah they SHOULD be. But everybody and there mommas has an og cross if you think the OG going around now is dank then you're entitled to believe so. To me 90 percent of it is nowhere near the quality it used to be.

No matter where you are, it depends on who you know... You can find shit weed is all over Cali or Colorado, and you can find straight fire in Texas and Mississippi... depending on who you know.

From what I understand Michigan's average quality standards are incredibly low...

terplife

Even if he's saying people growing it improperly is killing his ability to market it to others - then teach other people how to grow - or grow something else - or market something else - or deal with those that have common sense and know what they want...

Properly grown flowers are not hard to market - I don't care what the strain is - especially if there are so many people doing it wrong.

dank.Frank

I do teach people in fact I've taught hundreds of people for free. I guess we have to brag about how many people we've taught to get any cred round here. However I think you are doing the person and the plant a disservice if you give them an heirloom strain to grow if they are noobs. The gg4 is not relatively difficult to grow compared to others. But I still would rather give some one a big bud or a northern lights or something so they can harvest something that will not be a big waste and a loss of money

L

Luther Burbank

"However I think you are doing the person and the plant a disservice if you give them an heirloom strain to grow if they are noobs."

Doing the plant a disservice? Heirloom strains? I think you're getting lost in the static and noise that surrounds growing when people spend too much time talking about it dude. There's a lot of that in this scene. Often when I hear people building up these ethos-like world views on pot or making all these ethical statements I stop and ask "would I ever hear someone obsessed with a different plant make these kinda statements?" or even "would a pot grower not involved in the forum communities say something like this?". It just seems to get in the way.

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
I do teach people in fact I've taught hundreds of people for free. I guess we have to brag about how many people we've taught to get any cred round here. However I think you are doing the person and the plant a disservice if you give them an heirloom strain to grow if they are noobs. The gg4 is not relatively difficult to grow compared to others. But I still would rather give some one a big bud or a northern lights or something so they can harvest something that will not be a big waste and a loss of money

Good point on beginner grows getting low maintenance strains
On the other hand not a ton of super shitty growers invested in large grows, so they don't muddy the water to much.
The real culprits are the dispo that purchase and sell bad example from shitty commercial growers for a higher profit margin. Greed is a tough trait to avoid in biz, especially in a quasi legal market where their sole intention should be to purchase and provide only the best examples of meds. Sadly less n less true with more and more people flocking into the scene. Just means there are more people willing to offer lower quality more often then ever before.
But like DF suggested just makes my job easier. As long as I'm on point my work will always find a home. Keep cranking out shit glue guys! I want mine to get picked up first.

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
terplife, I get the feeling you have been here before. Care to tell who you might have been? Not tryn to start shit, just wondering

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
agreed..... lets get this thread BACK on topic... and leave the dick riding alone...

along w/ the newbie bashing, and the pole jocking....the testosterone level has reached it's max.... everybody chill, and just let it go

plz stay on the topic of GG4

terplife

"However I think you are doing the person and the plant a disservice if you give them an heirloom strain to grow if they are noobs."

Doing the plant a disservice? Heirloom strains? I think you're getting lost in the static and noise that surrounds growing when people spend too much time talking about it dude. There's a lot of that in this scene. Often when I hear people building up these ethos-like world views on pot or making all these ethical statements I stop and ask "would I ever hear someone obsessed with a different plant make these kinda statements?" or even "would a pot grower not involved in the forum communities say something like this?". It just seems to get in the way.

Yes I said a disservice to the plant by killing it, making it sick etc.. and heirloom strain means what it means. There are heirloom tomatoes etc... It's not uncommon language in agriculture brother. Anyway I personally believe this plant is special in comparison to all other plants. Which is why I've dedicated my life to it.

I understand where you're coming from but that is not me. I'm not caught up in any static or noise. Matter of fact I just like the truth too much I guess.

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
GG#4 crosses well with Qurkle
picture.php

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
It's just a thread to read. All strain info is the first few pages. After that its all pics n shit talking. What else is gonna get posted in here. Threads don't run their course. Your enjoyment of the thread does however.
Hippy Kay eye MFers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts